Me and My Family

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by scot47
I meant the restrictions on foreign brides coming to the UK !
There are no restrictions on foreign brides going to UK so long as you meet the financial requirements.
Visit visas for Philippines are a lot more difficult.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
There are no restrictions on foreign brides going to UK so long as you meet the financial requirements.
Visit visas for Philippines are a lot more difficult.
The trouble is that nothing is certain so you take a big gamble.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

David
I was referring to just those financial requirements !
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

David
I was referring to just those financial requirements !
Scot
Not my business, other peoples financial situation, but if someone doesn't have an income of £16,600 pa, or savings in the bank to make it up, they sure can't afford to be married to an English woman either. Much more expensive to run. lol
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The figure is £18,600.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

The figure is £18,600.
Yes you are quite right Scott £18,600. My mistake, typing too quickly.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Conspiracy theories....

Ever since I have been here, I have become a conspiracy theorist. No idea why. A simple action by someone results in me wondering whats behind it.

I mentioned sometime ago that Waddly Sister is having problems with a damp mattress. I have made the assumption that its due to rain leaking through her roof.....or maybe she is incontinent. Not figured that one out. Its not worm boy because he is living with lovely ladies parents. She often has it outside drying in the sun. I have not noticed any suspicious stains.

This coupled with my lovely lady saying that our mattress is worn out (no idea why) and we need a new one has prompted a conspiracy theory. We get a new one....and waddly gets our worn out one.

She has been on at me getting a new one for some time. She says her back hurts when she gets up in the morning. I don't think its due to the mattress..... I will say no more on that.

She decided to buy one herself yesterday on credit. No problem with that.....its her money. She also bought a bed with it. The old bed and mattress now lay in the small bedroom but its really too big for the room. But I paid for it and that is where I intend it to stay. I shall be keeping a very close eye on it. Unlike the big bucket of rice I paid 3 or 5k for when this house was blessed when we moved in. And mysteriously disappeared a few days later.

But, I think I am being unfair. Her family also got a brand new 3 piece suite yesterday. And very nice too. I suspect she bought that on credit also for them. She has just finished off paying for a tv for our bedroom at 3.5k per month so I guess she is using that extra money....

But....Sloth sister has not returned back to work. They need her money to help pay the 5k rent. Lovely lady has baulked at paying someone to do our washing at the moment.

My divorce settlement is getting a bit nasty at the moment and there is a possibility I may have to return to the UK in April to attend the court hearing the matter. I don't want to....nor of course does my lovely lady. She thinks I may not come back. This has put stress on on us both and as someone commented earlier, this may be provoking her erratic behavior. For months now she has been suffering from sporadic tummy pains which brings her to tears. I have asked her to see a doctor.....but she refuses. I massage her tummy for about 10 mins and that appears to cure it. But I wish she would she a doctor. Perhaps its a cry for attention. I don't know. But I wish this sorry mess will soon resolve itself.....

On that happy note...

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:40 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Conspiracy theories....

Ever since I have been here, I have become a conspiracy theorist. No idea why. A simple action by someone results in me wondering whats behind it.

I mentioned sometime ago that Waddly Sister is having problems with a damp mattress. I have made the assumption that its due to rain leaking through her roof.....or maybe she is incontinent. Not figured that one out. Its not worm boy because he is living with lovely ladies parents. She often has it outside drying in the sun. I have not noticed any suspicious stains.

This coupled with my lovely lady saying that our mattress is worn out (no idea why) and we need a new one has prompted a conspiracy theory. We get a new one....and waddly gets our worn out one.

She has been on at me getting a new one for some time. She says her back hurts when she gets up in the morning. I don't think its due to the mattress..... I will say no more on that.

She decided to buy one herself yesterday on credit. No problem with that.....its her money. She also bought a bed with it. The old bed and mattress now lay in the small bedroom but its really too big for the room. But I paid for it and that is where I intend it to stay. I shall be keeping a very close eye on it. Unlike the big bucket of rice I paid 3 or 5k for when this house was blessed when we moved in. And mysteriously disappeared a few days later.

But, I think I am being unfair. Her family also got a brand new 3 piece suite yesterday. And very nice too. I suspect she bought that on credit also for them. She has just finished off paying for a tv for our bedroom at 3.5k per month so I guess she is using that extra money....

But....Sloth sister has not returned back to work. They need her money to help pay the 5k rent. Lovely lady has baulked at paying someone to do our washing at the moment.

My divorce settlement is getting a bit nasty at the moment and there is a possibility I may have to return to the UK in April to attend the court hearing the matter. I don't want to....nor of course does my lovely lady. She thinks I may not come back. This has put stress on on us both and as someone commented earlier, this may be provoking her erratic behavior. For months now she has been suffering from sporadic tummy pains which brings her to tears. I have asked her to see a doctor.....but she refuses. I massage her tummy for about 10 mins and that appears to cure it. But I wish she would she a doctor. Perhaps its a cry for attention. I don't know. But I wish this sorry mess will soon resolve itself.....

On that happy note...

Regards
I enjoy reading the regular commentary on life in Philippines, and your adventures in the realm of gender relations and cultural differences. If nothing else seems you have an interesting life ! Yes as in many third world countries, every way to pry money for more spending will be employed directly or indirectly.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:14 am.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Morpeth.

Yes, you are quite correct, we need to be aware that us foreigners are viewed as ATM's and if the direct approach doesn't work, they may try more devious means. Always best to keep your wits about you.

Fortunately, I am over the worst of it now. I have not had a request for a loan now for some time but that has not lulled me into a false sense of security. The jewelry which I mentioned about 2 months ago still has not been repaired for re-selling. I bailed her out for 15,750 peso for that but I will get most of that back soon.

I mentioned her father cadging e-juice and the like off me. That appears to have stopped now. My plan of ordering more expensive juice from the UK has baulked him from re-ordering more and I suspect he gets it sent to him from his sons who work in the big city about 5 - 6 hours away where its a lot cheaper. Another small irritation solved.

And I solved another a few days ago. I have mentioned that I will always support her if she wants to go to a gathering somewhere although I would much prefer doing anything else.....but that. This time she was also going with her mother and Sloth sister so I mentioned that she didn't really need me to accompany her. I think she is aware that I tend to slope off to find a watering hole at these gatherings and drink numerous beers and get up to all sorts mischief. And she agreed that it would be better for me to stay at home. Which I gladly did. This did however prompt numerous phone calls from her during the day presumable to make sure I was either still alive or not getting into mischief. Not sure which.

All things are good here and have been for a while now. Lets hope it stays that way...

Regards

Old Jan 31st 2017, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

A human tale....

I have had this thread going now for more than two years which in the main details trials and tribulations of my life here. This to the reader can imply mainly negative experiences of my life here and that of my lovely lady and I have been reminded of that in the past.

Thought I would try and redress that balance a bit with a short story as things are so quiet here.

I have not being feeling too well lately due to an aching back which is debilitating and a heavy cold. I now have to retire to the bedroom once or twice a day to rest my back for about 20 mins or so.

A couple of days ago, I retired to the bed room to rest my back and thought it would be a hoot to cover my face with a pair of my lovely ladies discarded underwear. I would tell her its one way of being close to her whilst she was in the other room......yes, I can read your thoughts already. Now, I very rarely call her preferring to talk to her directly. It appears that Filipinas can engage in conversation at 20 metres....I cannot.

I called out for her to come quickly to the bedroom thinking she will roll around with laughter seeing me prone on the bed with her underwear on my face. She didn't. Instead, she threw herself onto the bed and wouldn't let go for a while. I then noticed she was weeping. Apparently I scared her to death when I called her from the bedroom thinking perhaps I was in final death throes or whatever. My prank somewhat back fired and I guess I still haven't fully understood the sensitivity of my lovely lady. But it meant a lot to me.

Regards

Old Jan 31st 2017, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

That made me laugh out loud!! You do not come over as mainly negative, as the media is fond of saying - "Good news is not news!". You are merely pointing out some of the potential pitfalls that can face a new expat.I can see that your "moans" only cover about 10% of your time so it infers that 90% of the time life is good! Keep up the posts please.
Gary

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2018 at 2:43 am.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 7:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Never change and never stop sharing these quality updates.

Bless her.

Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Never change and never stop sharing these quality updates.

Bless her.

Yes most interesting reading. One thing for sure, seems every day there is interesting for you !
Old Feb 1st 2017, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks for your encouraging replies...most appreciated.

Now back to trials and tribulations.

As you know I am going through a divorce settlement which is becoming protracted and messy. Basically she wants the house (mortgage paid) plus 3k whilst I hold onto my pension. I am against the 3k because its not valid. I wanted 2k which I can prove she owes. We have a court hearing in the UK in April for the case to be heard. My lovely lady does not want me to go back to the UK (because she thinks I wont come back). So for the sake of getting a quick end to all this without going back to the UK, I have offered her the house and I keep all my pension. The money we both claim should be put aside. Obviously it will be cheaper with no lawyers fees etc and cleaner. And I do not want to go back to the UK because of the costs involved and go against my lovely ladies wishes.....plus lawyers fees etc. I have not received a reply to my offer yet. I am told that her solicitor is still "under instruction".

Now. If I was not involved in a relationship here, I would return to the UK to live and claim half the house for half my pension. This would give me good financial capital and pay off debts etc. Then later down the line return to Phils in a much better financial situation. I should add that I have been advised that whilst living in Phils, the likelihood of getting half the house would be remote.

But. Depending on what my estranged wife demands, I may be forced to return to the UK to oppose her case which I do not want. I have been told that I can get a solicitor to stand in for me in my absence but that is not guaranteed apparently. Anyone else done this? Also I will have to weigh up all the costs involved.

So....life is anything but interesting at the moment.

I know its preying on my lovely ladies mind also....but any day now I should get some sort of response from her solicitor and then the way becomes clear....or more complicated.

Apart from that....All is quiet here. Thankfully.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:41 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you contact a number of solicitors via email and see what emerges. At least you will be a better position to make a decision.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:41 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.