Me and My Family

Old Apr 12th 2021, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

I've been living here permanently a lot longer than 6 years and visiting frequently for two decades before that and I echo what P11 says about the locals.

At the higher level I agree with Freebie's word "tolerated". Probably mainly because of the reliance of the country on exporting its labour to many of the countries whose senior citizens then retire here. They probably also recognize we add to the support for many ladies and their families.. It only goes so far, we still cannot own a house and lot here.

I agree with P11, they find it difficult to deport .The bureaucracy here is very large and slow. Sister Fox took a while. She attended too many protest rallies and therefore break the terms of their visa. They are sensitive here about foreign intervention, as are other SE Asian countries, following their colonial history. But what really did for her was that she came to the personal attention of Pres Duterte. Of course those with lucrative monopolies use all this to maintain them. Even at the lower level get involved in business and you might get some bad reactions'

I agree Freebie it is a bit harsh to deport someone for claiming a discount, but I have noticed a general tendency here towards increasing punishments for everyone. The pandemic has shown that. The coming to power of a right wing populist, with a cabinet dominated by ex police and military, anti West, pro China and Russia has changed things a lot and ,may have affected attitudes towards us by some, as they, probably rightly guess, we don't like what we see. Though a few years ago I was asked by a group of the President's supporters what I thought of him. After I answered "Not much, he isn't a statesman" I immediately regretted my answer, but to my relief they accepted it with no sign of annoyance.

Old Apr 12th 2021, 11:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Raffin
There is a link with the bigamy issue in that P11 can claim that his aim to get away from the constant need to renew tourist visas and become "an immigrant", as they describe you when you get a 13(a) visa, has been thwarted by the risk of his marriage being a bigamous one. I know this is exaggerating somewhat as the marriage is still on record and unless he brings a case it will stay valid.. But it can add to the idea that as a defendant he is actually the aggrieved party.
This makes logical sense to me. I rather like reading your posts because of this.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 12:06 am
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
No chance that BI will deport me whilst a court case is outstanding. But in any case, my wish is to remain in the Philippines. I regard this as my home now.

Regards
From my own not inconsiderable experience here dealing with the judicial system I would question this. At least in the smaller cities I had the distinct impression the BI and the courts are far apart, one had no idea what the other is doing, maybe an idea to follow this up P11.

From what you have recently written there seems to be zero grounds for deportation that I have picked up on. Threats mean nothing.

Old Apr 13th 2021, 12:22 am
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebie
You may have " adopted " the country in your mind but if they dont want you, if they feel you are a vexatious prescence " or a simple undesirable alien and that you have a adverse record here in any way, regardless of your wishes of adoption, it will count for naught.
Do remember the nun, sister Fox who devoted 27 years of here life to helping the poor. She was considered an undesirable alien and off she went.
This country in which we lives tolerates us and no more than that.
Should someone not like us ( easy to do ) theres a law about " unjust vexation" for which we can be deported.
Even claiming senior citizen discount when we are not citizens , just seniors can also result in us being deported. Thank goodness they havent caught me yet
Then of course theres the oral defamation law... calling a Filipino a bad name , yes can get you deported too.
This country tolerates us but is happy to see the back of us should someone with a thin skin , having a bad day, or just anti foreigner feelings wish to do us harm.
the way you feel about the Philippines may not be reciprocal.
Always have Plan B.....I hope you dont need it, having gone through everything you have gone through here. But.............
This nonsense to the extreme. Why on earth can you not do some research before writing gibberish.

Unjust Verification carries a fine and a rarely enforced prison term of maximum 30 days. one cannot be deported for same

Sister Fox was involved in a political rally which obviously is deport able.

Oral defamation law cannot result in deportation, unless one is insulting some person of prominence whom has considerable influence. Even here it can be defended. The days of a scorned local, or ex wife running to the BI screaming deport him are well gone.

Correct on the senior citizen card.

I can see nothing that warrants deportation of P11. For deportation with some exceptions the crime must carry a penalty of at least 12 months imprisonment.

Old Apr 13th 2021, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten
From my own not inconsiderable experience here dealing with the judicial system I would question this. At least in the smaller cities I had the distinct impression the BI and the courts are far apart, one had no idea what the other is doing, maybe an idea to follow this up P11.

From what you have recently written there seems to be zero grounds for deportation that I have picked up on. Threats mean nothing.
Agree with you about BI and the courts. Left hand and right hand comes to mind. But in my case I notified BI that the case she alleged against me for my deportation is currently subject to Criminal proceedings.

Regards
Old Apr 13th 2021, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"I immediately regretted my answer, but to my relief they accepted it with no sign of annoyance."
This portion of Raffin's last post leads me to think that he is a humble person. Humility goes a long way, and to respect (not always agreeing or happy with) the culture and the way of life of a country in which you are a guest earns respect.
I'm sure many readers will have seen examples of foreigners in their golden years behaving very badly and being arrogant to a level which beggars belief.
It brings to mind that adage 'If you don't like it here ,why are you still here?"
So here are three words that all foreigners should keep in mind
RESPECT
HUMILITY

Keep safe one and all. Especially those continuing to use Senior Citizens Discount Cards!
Old Apr 13th 2021, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
"I immediately regretted my answer, but to my relief they accepted it with no sign of annoyance."
This portion of Raffin's last post leads me to think that he is a humble person. Humility goes a long way, and to respect (not always agreeing or happy with) the culture and the way of life of a country in which you are a guest earns respect.
I'm sure many readers will have seen examples of foreigners in their golden years behaving very badly and being arrogant to a level which beggars belief.
It brings to mind that adage 'If you don't like it here ,why are you still here?"
So here are three words that all foreigners should keep in mind
RESPECT
HUMILITY

Keep safe one and all. Especially those continuing to use Senior Citizens Discount Cards!
Agree entirely. We are guests in this beautiful country and I always treat my hosts with the due respect and courtesy. It always pays off. I do however have to bite my tongue sometimes. I do however cringe when I see the attitude of some foreigners. I won't mention nationality.

Disagree about Discount Cards. I feel that I would be robbing the people here
regards
Old Apr 13th 2021, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"Disagree about Discount Cards. I feel that I would be robbing the people here"
Well to get one as a foreigner it
must be via the greasy palm. That should tell you a lot about the users of SSDC moral compass.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Without thread jacking, or replying to judgements made there are a great many restaurants and cafes that proactively offer senior discount for seniors.. no card is necessary, therefor no greasy part of any hand in evidence.
Certainly true for Makati and BGC.
Your disagreement and compass direction is duly noted and placed in the appropriate receptacle.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by freebie
Without thread jacking, or replying to judgements made there are a great many restaurants and cafes that proactively offer senior discount for seniors.. no card is necessary, therefor no greasy part of any hand in evidence.
Certainly true for Makati and BGC.
Your disagreement and compass direction is duly noted and placed in the appropriate receptacle.
What you say is correct. A foreigner can go to City Hall and apply for and receive a SSDC. Because the city is unaware of the fact it is illegal for a foreigner to use a SSDC. But that doesn't absolve the foreigner from the law. In other words... one does not have to use nefarious means to obtain a card.

I have never seen...or cannot remember seeing dining outlets offering SS discounts. However I have been on buses that automatically give me SS discount. Or if the conductor asks if I am a SS ...I always say yes. I am not asking for anything... but merely answering a straight question.

Regards
Old Apr 13th 2021, 9:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Disagree about Discount Cards. I feel that I would be robbing the people here
Given you've been robbed blind since you arrived, it wouldn't hurt to benefit from the odd discount here or there?
Old Apr 13th 2021, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Given you've been robbed blind since you arrived, it wouldn't hurt to benefit from the odd discount here or there?
So you are suggesting that because I have been scammed like many others I should scam the innocent people of the Philippines? I will treat that comment with the contempt it deserves.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 10:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So you are suggesting that because I have been scammed like many others I should scam the innocent people of the Philippines? I will treat that comment with the contempt it deserves.
You haven't been scammed, you've been held by your ankles and emptied.
Using a discount card is benefitting from a scheme aimed at you to save a few pennies here and there. It is hardly going to cripple the local economy.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

I will move on now to the Economic Abuse. Despite what various attorneys have stated, I feel this could be problematical for me.

I should state that she started her complaint with the pre-amble of how we met etc and then correctly stated that I put her sister her through her last year of college. She then stated that she wanted to work to support her family as she did in Kuwait She stated that I did not want her to work and instead offered her 8k pm so she can provide for her personal needs. According to her that 8k was to also support her family in the way of rent, medicines and the like. She stated that was not enough. Indeed, she stated that she sometimes looked (but never touched) at the money inside my wallet . She asked my permission to go and find work to help support her family. To which she states I agreed. Whilst at work, she then received the message that I was leaving her with no reason given. I then blocked her. Because she was distraught she left her work and because she could not afford the rent, had to move in with her parents. Her case against me was initiated about 2 weeks after I stopped her allowance at the end of February. No doubt she will be able to add to that to cover the last year or so.

This is far from the truth with many omissions.

I never at any point agreed to support her family. I asked her not to work but instead offered her a personal allowance of 8k pm. What she did with that was up to her. I arrived at the 8k pm because that was compensation for her not to work. That was about the average wage she could expect at the tiime . She failed to mention that I gave her 30k to put her sister through the last year of college. That was a scam. The tuition fees were a lot lower than that. She failed to mention that within a few months her sister and son moved into our outhouse. (remember Waddly and Worm Boy?) They stayed for about 3 yrs free of rent and me picking up the utility bills. Her sisters bf joined them during the final year; She failed to mention that I volunteered to pay for her fathers maintenance meds after a few months. 3k pm. She failed to mention that I bailed out the families rent arrears.....about 30k from memory. I then elected to pay the rent of 6k pm but asked her brothers to pay his meds. They didnt. I was asked to pay the arrears on that but refused. She failed to mention her business failures that I had to repay. From memory I think that was about 300k. No, she did not ask to work to support her family. I told her to work to help pay off the debts. She obviously failed to mention the scamming but that is something that is difficult for me to prove. My attorney said she will give that full airing in court so the judge can make his mind up on who is telling the truth. However I did allude to her scamming as a condition of my reason for leaving her and my possible return. I nearly forgot to mention that I gave her 8k pm....paid her Phil Health, SS and paid monthly into a pension plan for her. She forgot to mention that.

So......why the sticky wicket? I stopped her allowance completely at the end of January last year. That appears to be in violation of RA 9262. My attorneys disagree. she is able bodied, we have no children, and she told me she had a job. Indeed she voluntarily gave up her job at this Call Centre. I therefor gave no cause for Economic Violence. I gave her about 28k pm until she found a new place to live which I paid for, she completed her 6 month medical programme.. I gave her permission to sell our furniture if need be and to cash in her Pension Plan. But I knew she was being supported after I stopped her allowance. She stayed in the house I funded for one month and the moved to a sub division paying 8k pm rent. She also continued paying 4k pm interest on a 41k loan. She was either earning at least 12k pm or someone is funding her. It is the latter.

Anyway, that is how it hangs. I am happy to answer any questions. After that has been exhausted I will tell you how I intend to answer 2 of the most important questions that the prosecution will fire at me.

Regards

Old Apr 13th 2021, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
You haven't been scammed, you've been held by your ankles and emptied.
Using a discount card is benefitting from a scheme aimed at you to save a few pennies here and there. It is hardly going to cripple the local economy.
And you are trying to justify scamming the people of the Philippines. Shame on you. Furthermore,it is not a scheme aimed at foreigners. Any foreigner who does this to save a few peso should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Apr 13th 2021 at 11:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.