Me and My Family

Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I saw a National Geographic program a while ago where a Brit was offered the service by a policeman - $400
Those Policemen over there will do the job no problem,without any compunction whatsoever.Only yesterday i saw a video (circulating on Social Media) of a policeman gleefully shooting dead a 52 year old woman "for free" in Quezon City.He pointed his gun at her face and pulled the trigger in front of her kids and grandkidsLife is so cheap over there,I wonder how said policeman will work his way out of this one.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

A "safe house" that is just a friends house isn't really that safe if you're being followed. Genuinely worried that the worms are salivating at the thought of a P11 supper.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
A "safe house" that is just a friends house isn't really that safe if you're being followed. Genuinely worried that the worms are salivating at the thought of a P11 supper.
"It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good"
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Maybe I have given the wrong impression....it is not just a friend's house. It is a hotel that I have used before and is owned and occupied by the Mayor. Armed guards are everywhere. But as I have said it is of no consequence because I don't need to stay there. I have a good friend to stay with outside of the city. I have stayed with him before and his wife in his restobar. Ok...WW will guess that... but I don't see a problem at this moment. Problems may come if/when WW loses her case against me or I have to subpoena her PNP Bf. But tomorrow is another day.

Regards
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

P11, I think if you win or lose this case, you're going to have to think about what you want long term.

Do you want to stay and be looking over your shoulder or worrying about 'safe houses'? Is that what you deserve? I certainly don't think so.

Just wondered if you'd considered a plan beyond clearing all this mess?
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Those Policemen over there will do the job no problem,without any compunction whatsoever.Only yesterday i saw a video (circulating on Social Media) of a policeman gleefully shooting dead a 52 year old woman "for free" in Quezon City.He pointed his gun at her face and pulled the trigger in front of her kids and grandkidsLife is so cheap over there,I wonder how said policeman will work his way out of this one.
Saw that. He was a relative of the woman he murdered. Apparently he was drunk and was previously involved in a fight with her husband. Appeared to be a young man but of high rank. M/sgt. Harrowing video. Especially with kids involved. He was arrested claiming he was a good cop. Suspect he will be given "gardening leave" and will disappear.

​​​​​Regards
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
P11, I think if you win or lose this case, you're going to have to think about what you want long term.

Do you want to stay and be looking over your shoulder or worrying about 'safe houses'? Is that what you deserve? I certainly don't think so.

Just wondered if you'd considered a plan beyond clearing all this mess?
Good point. Once this mess is all over one way or another, I have to leave the Philippines on a visa run. Then I can reflect...and reconsider my options. If WW is in jail I can move away from here and live in anonymity... but that is a long time forward..

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2021, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a big country and if you like the place ( and can get back to Philippines ) there are lots of excellent places that work for a relaxed lifestyle.. Bantayan Siquijor Guimaras come to mind along with Camuigin, maybe Romblon. All are islands and island life in Philippines seems to work better for the relaxed attitude of locals. Many have non filipino residents meaning that the local ladies arent all uptight prudish as they are in some provinces.
If you are getting down at heel financially Puerto Galera worth a look as there are still a good many older and less well off folks still relaxing there, even during lockdown. Just a thought.. assuming you can find a way out of the current situation.
Old Jun 4th 2021, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Islands are certainly more relaxed. But if you're getting on a bit you need also to think about medical facilities. The pandemic has shown up their inadequacy in some islands and more remote areas of the country. Not that there haven't been problems recently in Manila and around too, but it was easier to travel around to get treatment somewhere. An advantage whether in any future pandemic or not.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings....

Tomorrow I will go again to BI for the 3rd time to try and process my Reconsideration of Motion to extend my stay stay in the Philippines beyond the 3 yrs permitted to tourists. I will be armed with 2 x 2.s ....notorized documents....more application forms.....copies of this and that. I hope it is 3rd time lucky. But I know I will be told to wait....and wait....and wait. They know that they will be missing out on back handers from agents.

Heard some interesting news today. i mentioned previously that an agent can get me a 9G visa. Cost 72k for a year. This can be processed after my RM is approved which I believe will take months. After the one year, the 9G can be reverted to a Tourist Visa with a stay of up to 3 years without having to exit and return to the Philippines. Obviously the new Tourist Visa will be subject to the normal 2 or 6 months extensions during the 3 year period. Something to look into when my RM is approved.

Regards

Old Jun 14th 2021, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

Tomorrow I will go again to BI for the 3rd time to try and process my Reconsideration of Motion to extend my stay stay in the Philippines beyond the 3 yrs permitted to tourists. I will be armed with 2 x 2.s ....notorized documents....more application forms.....copies of this and that. I hope it is 3rd time lucky. But I know I will be told to wait....and wait....and wait. They know that they will be missing out on back handers from agents.

Heard some interesting news today. i mentioned previously that an agent can get me a 9G visa. Cost 72k for a year. This can be processed after my RM is approved which I believe will take months. After the one year, the 9G can be reverted to a Tourist Visa with a stay of up to 3 years without having to exit and return to the Philippines. Obviously the new Tourist Visa will be subject to the normal 2 or 6 months extensions during the 3 year period. Something to look into when my RM is approved.

Regards
I assume the 3 years will be 1 gear 9g plus 2 year tourist similar to the bb privilege.
The pressure is mounting to allow vaccinated tourists in to the country so a better way to spend your 72k would be to fly back to the UK and get your vaccine shots then return in which could be 2-3 months.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I assume the 3 years will be 1 gear 9g plus 2 year tourist similar to the bb privilege.
The pressure is mounting to allow vaccinated tourists in to the country so a better way to spend your 72k would be to fly back to the UK and get your vaccine shots then return in which could be 2-3 months.
From what I understand so far....I can start a new 3 year tourist visa on expiration of a 9G visa without leaving the Philippines. But I need to research more into that.

I think 2- 3 months is being optimistic. But because my MR may well take far longer than the 2- 3 months ...I will need to review my situation again. But a 9G is an option. As far as jabs are concerned...I can get that done here.

If the charges against me go in my favour in August....I suspect that I will still be waiting for my MR to be approved by BI.. Once all that is resolved...I can consider my options.

Regards
Old Jun 15th 2021, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Flying back to the UK may prove more expensive than the 72K. Apart from the airfare there is a 10/11 day hotel quarantine in Blighty which I understand is about 1800 quid. A tad more than 72k pesos methinks.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Our freind flew back to the UK from the Philippines and was quaranteened. It cost him £2,400 ( for himself and the reduced rate for his. wife). He has no intention of coming back to the Philippines until all the restrictions have been totally lifted. He does not like the idea of paying another £2400 + the minimum 7 night quaranteen in Manila.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings....

I think it is academic to speculate about comparing costs on returning to the UK in comparison to staying here on a 9G visa at the moment. My trial is in August and my MR will probably take a few months to be approved. Much can happen in that time.

I have been unable to update for the last few days due to internet problems. I wont bore you with details.

The last Hearing a few weeks ago went badly for WW in my opinion. She had nothing else to offer in evidence except to try and assert that she was legally married to me which my attorney rebuffed. My attorney then trapped her into committing perjury in court....A prison offence. So I expected some sort of reaction from her.

I am currently dating a local girl here for some time and WW has found out about it. Long story. She thinks we are co-habitating which is not true. After the Hearing she got about a dozen or so of her foreigner friends to try and befriend her to try and find out more about us. I warned her that this might happen so she was well guarded and blocked all the approaches. Her 17 year old daughter was also approached a few months ago and although she was initially taken in, she blocked the guy who actually turned out to be WW using a fake account. WW sent a threatening message. This is all very intimidating for her and her kids. This all stopped about a week ago. Then I got a message from WW. She no longer wants any maintenance from me (20k pm x 5 yrs). But wants me in jail and/or deported. I have not responded to that but will in due course. I will need to word it very carefully but it will go along the lines that I will file for bigamy....(jail sentence). She already thinks I have done that.....committed perjury both on her affidavit and again in court ....also jail sentence. Furthermore, because she lied to make a case against me and lied in court to try and gain a conviction I will also ask for costs against her. I need to think carefully how I respond to her.

Got a message from the girl who was robbed of her jewelry and WWwas put in jail overnight. She doesnt understand why she was told not to file a case against WW. I suspect that is because WW PNP bf had a hand in that. But that is conjecture.

The woman who had the rent stolen when collected by WW is trying to get the police involved. She is not getting any joy from the Brgy.

I think I have my visa extension solved. Motion for Reconsideration to Extend Stay beyond 3 years. I handed in all my bumf and only had to wait 2 hours to be seen. She collected everything and all appears in order. I have to go go back on Monday to finalise and then send everything off to Manila. Then wait a few months for it to be approved. Took 3 visits and saved myself at least 15k by not going through an agent. I hope.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.