Me and My Family

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

There have been a few comments about not knowing her address nor address of place of work.

That still remains the case. But I can find out her place of work without knowing the address. Just ask a taxi driver. Her accommodation address is a different kettle of fish. I have already stated how people find it difficult to find my address and when I visit an ex-pat in the big city, the taxi driver generally does not have a clue. I end up telephoning my friend and passing the phone to the driver. That is fact. Now, I can find out her accommodation address by simply contacting her friend. No problem. But if I wanted to make a surprise visit as suggested here, then if I have to contact her friend to get it, it would be no surprise would it. Now, lets forget about surprise visits for now. If I wanted to contact her because I am worried about her for instance, I would ring her. Or contact her friend or place of work if I got no reply.

Finally, I re-iterate that an address here is next to useless. Maybe its just the Island I am on or the area. But the point remains, I know how to contact my wife if need be.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Oct 3rd 2019 at 7:12 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:10 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Erms . Watermelon?

Anyway. Is it so very daft that an address, even in a city, is utterly meaningless in the Philippines please ?

We have both Thai and Pinoy pals here and it does not seem to be the case for them, yet P11 seems to state it is.
Yeah, watermelon.

It came up in the early days of this thread (and I'm sure we're all feeling emotionally drained since those blissful days), as P11's LL believed that watermelon helped in the bedroom department , so purchase of watermelon was a sign of things to come.

Can't believe I just said that but there you go. This whole thread borders on insanity.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:14 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
There have been a few comments about not knowing her address nor address of place of work.

That still remains the case. But I can find out her place of work without knowing the address. Just ask a taxi driver. Her accommodation address is a different kettle of fish. I have already stated how people find it difficult to find my address and when I visit an ex-pat in the big city, the taxi driver generally does not have a clue. I end up telephoning my friend and passing the phone to the driver. That is fact. Now, I can find out her accommodation address by simply contacting her friend. No problem. But if I wanted to make a surprise visit as suggested here, then if I have to contact her friend to get it, it would be no surprise would it. Now, lets forget about surprise visits for now. If I wanted to contact her because I am worried about her for instance, I would ring her. Or contact her friend or place of work if I got no reply.

Finally, I re-iterate that an address here is next to useless. Maybe its just the Island I am on or the area. But the point remains, I know how to contact my wife if need be.

Regards
So if it's a telecom company, presumably they're a large corporate enterprise. I'm no expert on the PPPs, but can't you just Google them and the city they're in and an address comes up , or use Google maps and an address comes up.

I get that some one room studio might be harder but a company address???
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

T2016...

You ask what work does she do. I have mentioned many times here that she works in a call centre for a major telecom company.

There has been a turn of events. The day she went away, she was complaining of dizziness. This has happened before with no real reason but the episodes passed without any dramas. On the first day before she went for her night shift, she complained of stomach pains. This appeared to be a bout of wind from which she suffers periodically. But she was unhappy. Also on the first day if you remember, she changed her bed sit accommodation but couldn't take possession until early afternoon because she had no money up front for rent. She was on the verge of coming home because having finished her night shift, she could not rest or sleep anywhere. Today, she is now suffering from bad pains in her side.....the pains that put her in hospital at the beginning of the year. Twice. She is due to start work at 1.25 tomorrow morning.

When she was admitted to hospital the first time, various tests were conducted (scans etc) and found nothing untoward. Except for a slightly swollen pancreas or liver. After 3 days I was presented with a large bill and she was sent on her way with a prescription. The second time a month or so later, she had the same problem but the hospital did not have a bed and she was taken home by a friend of mine and I went and visited her next day in the "big city". She recovered, At the time were having a major disagreement and she left the house and ended up in "the big city"

During these episodes, she was suffering from major stress due to being badgered by customers after the failure of her first business. I think maybe tonight its stress related knowing that her creditor is pushing for her money by Friday. Anyway, I have a feeling she wants to come home or maybe I have to go to the "big city" early tomorrow morning for a hospital visit. Hope not on both counts.

During the days she has been away, she has been very chatty....more than usual. I think her room mate is on opposite shifts so I guess she gets a bit lonely. She has been rabbiting on whilst I have been typing this. Seems in good spirits thankfully. Anyway...we will see what unfolds.

Regards

"You ask what work does she do. I have mentioned many times here that she works in a call centre for a major telecom company."
​​​​​​Have you actually seen her at her place of work?

Last edited by Thairetired2016; Oct 3rd 2019 at 8:26 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P11, I do understand your need for anonymity which I respect. That is why I couched the question in the way I did.
No further questions were intended.
No offence meant and I hope non taken.
B.....

Certainly no offence was taken and I know that it was an innocent question.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where we live it would be easy to locate us, because we live in a subdivision. However none of the houses in the division have Numbers, so the Security Guard would point out our House.
My wifes family live in a very remote barangay, and it would be impossible to locate the address without prior knowledge....no numbers, Street names etc. However, in such a remote place everyone knows everyone, so it would be a case of asking a local tricycle Drive for assistance.Guaranteed you would be taken to the door of the House your looking for.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
So if it's a telecom company, presumably they're a large corporate enterprise. I'm no expert on the PPPs, but can't you just Google them and the city they're in and an address comes up , or use Google maps and an address comes up.

I get that some one room studio might be harder but a company address???
N.....

I have already said it would be easy to find....ask a taxi driver.

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

N.....

Thanks
Who cares where she lives. The less salubrious the better.

Did she get paid yet? How's the loan shark? More importantly, how's your knee caps?

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Now, Now, Mr Millhouse, your jumping the Gun a bit. L/L don’t get paid yet (?) , she has only just started. The AK47’s are due for firimg practice tomorrow...........assumimg P11 has not gone to the big City to check out the L/L’s welfare.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:19 am

N.....

Thanks
But have you actually looked on a map to see where it is ?
Is not that strange a thing to do .
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 12:02 pm

But have you actually looked on a map to see where it is ?
Is not that strange a thing to do .
And what about your Mrs when she went for the first time, wouldn't she do the same, or does everyone just ask taxi drivers?

And before she went, wouldn't she plan the area to stay so not too far to travel. Or am I being too sensibl .

I mean, it's so easy these days to look on Google maps and get an idea about where places ar . I do it all the time. Am I wierd???
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

And what about your Mrs when she went for the first time, wouldn't she do the same, or does everyone just ask taxi drivers?

And before she went, wouldn't she plan the area to stay so not too far to travel. Or am I being too sensibl .

I mean, it's so easy these days to look on Google maps and get an idea about where places ar . I do it all the time. Am I wierd???
N.....

My wife knows the area and knew where the place was. It is a large call centre. She has now got a bed sit a Jeepney ride away from work. I am sure you are right about Google Maps and I might just do the same.

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

N.....

My wife knows the area and knew where the place was. It is a large call centre. She has now got a bed sit a Jeepney ride away from work. I am sure you are right about Google Maps and I might just do the same.

Regards
Hey P11,
Not trying to be troublesome over this whole address thing, just trying to understand as its so different!
If houses there don't have addresses or street names, how does one get mail? How does one get billed by utility companies?How do they know which house needs connecting when someone moves in and stuff like that?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

same as here I suppose, the postie knows your name and where your house is. simple
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hey P11,
Not trying to be troublesome over this whole address thing, just trying to understand as its so different!
If houses there don't have addresses or street names, how does one get mail? How does one get billed by utility companies?How do they know which house needs connecting when someone moves in and stuff like that?
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You could just ask her for the address?
Originally Posted by BEVS
... Anyway. Is it so very daft that an address, even in a city, is utterly meaningless in the Philippines please? We have both Thai and Pinoy pals here and it does not seem to be the case for them, yet P11 seems to state it is.
Pollyanna, Bevs & SOS, it’s not a daft question at all. Our address here in the Ph. serves us very well and no one seems to have any difficult in locating us. We have post delivered on a regular basis direct to our house from the bank and other organisations in the Ph. Parcels ordered online from a whole range of different suppliers are also regularly delivered direct to our door by many different couriers. Nor do friends new to the area have any problem whatsoever finding us.

P11’s comment was a generalisation; it may well apply to him and his circle of friends, it does not apply all over. As mikek1 explained in post ⋕2811, even in remote areas, everyone knows everyone and therefore addresses per se when accompanied by a name are not ‘next to useless’ as P11 would have you think.

I fear that P11 is showing signs of Trumpism in that if you rattle his cage, he gets a tad miffed. Whilst at times P11 comes across as a nice generous guy, logic and a reasonable assessment of the facts are not his stock-in-trade; but I get the idea you know that already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.