Me and My Family

Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
May I respectfully suggest to you that you read up on the Abandonment Law in the Philippines. You ask me if I know what a big deal it is in the Phils. I have already explained that. 6 - 10 yrs in jail. It would be an idea if you took a little time to read back on posts before commenting .

Regards

I've read all of the posts & my honest summary is you're now making excuses for yourself & it's sad to see (I'd bet my house you'd go trotting back if she showed you the slightest interest) so I respectfully suggest you re-read the posts in between yours.

Your (Non)Wife doesn't have a leg to stand on [As you say, 7 years in jail)...

Struggling to see what I need to educate myself here... I put 2-3 Million PHP in my last 8 year relationship with my Filippina (& I would do exactly the same again if I was to start over), we Co-habited for 6 of those (She paid 1.5Million for the land/house start, I paid 1 Million finish it off as I wanted) but on no planet (with no kids involved) could she come at me for anything.

But of course... you know more than me...

Edit to add: Can I just say that my Filippina finally gave up on me because I told her I would never marry her (have family) so I set her up with a business in Davao City (c300k) so I know she would be OK, we're still friends today & I'm very happy to report she's now married (to a nice Fillipino guy) with a baby on the way & I'm very happy for her

Last edited by N0rbett; Nov 30th 2019 at 1:31 pm. Reason: Typos
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Again as previously explained there will be no annulment because the marriage is void. The Abandonment Law not only applies to married couples but also co-habiting couples despite what a previous poster has stated.

Regards
To have a marriage declared void requires a higher threshold of 'wrong doing' than an annulment, or a marriage that is voidable thus leading to nullity of marriage - so why would the 'injured party' of a void marriage have less rights re paying support than those whose marriages have been annulled or granted nullity of marriage? Those couples lived together as well, yet the 'husband' is not obliged to support the 'wife'.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N0rbett
I've read all of the posts & my honest summary is you're now making excuses for yourself & it's sad to see (I'd bet my house you'd go trotting back if she showed you the slightest interest) so I respectfully suggest you re-read the posts in between yours.

Your (Non)Wife doesn't have a leg to stand on [As you say, 7 years in jail)...

Struggling to see what I need to educate myself here... I put 2-3 Million PHP in my last 8 year relationship with my Filippina (& I would do exactly the same again if I was to start over), we Co-habited for 6 of those (She paid 1.5Million for the land/house start, I paid 1 Million finish it off as I wanted) but on no planet (with no kids involved) could she come at me for anything.

But of course... you know more than me...
Explain to me what evidence you have that I will go trotting back to her? And yes...I probably do know more than you regarding the current circumstances.

Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
To have a marriage declared void requires a higher threshold of 'wrong doing' than an annulment, or a marriage that is voidable thus leading to nullity of marriage - so why would the 'injured party' of a void marriage have less rights re paying support than those whose marriages have been annulled or granted nullity of marriage? Those couples lived together as well, yet the 'husband' is not obliged to support the 'wife'.
Correct. A marriage automatically becomes void (never existed) when there is proof of bigamy. However, as I read the Abandonment Law, it also applies to co-habituating couples which we were. However, I intend to seek clarity on this when I speak to my attorney.

Regards

Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. A marriage automatically becomes void (never existed) when there is proof of bigamy. However, as I read the Abandonment Law, it also applies to co-habituating couples which we were. However, I intend to seek clarity on this when I speak to my attorney.

Regards
I hope your attorney really knows their stuff. From my reading, the Family Code of the Philippines overrides the Abandonment Law. Anyway, best of luck.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

P11 - are you saying that the Abandonment Law stipulates financial support, even though she has no children BY YOU?

Secondly are the Father(s) of her children not required to support her (her children)?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I hope your attorney really knows their stuff. From my reading, the Family Code of the Philippines overrides the Abandonment Law. Anyway, best of luck.
Thanks. I think you might find that the Abandonment Law is embodied somewhere in the Family Code of the Philippines. Anyway, I will let you all know how the meeting goes and my next steps.

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
P11 - are you saying that the Abandonment Law stipulates financial support, even though she has no children BY YOU?

Secondly are the Father(s) of her children not required to support her (her children)?
1) Yes

2) By Law, the father has to support the children financially. My wife was unaware of that

Questions previously answered

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Nov 30th 2019 at 1:35 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Explain to me what evidence you have that I will go trotting back to her? And yes...I probably do know more than you regarding the current circumstances.
Only a fool is too blind to see...

I don't want to argue with you, it's a forum, people express their views... If you (In control) tell me I'm wrong then I'll lose my "Bet"

Peace Sir, we're on your side so please stop "Nipping"

Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Thanks. I think you might find that the Abandonment Law is embodied somewhere in the Family Code of the Philippines. Anyway, I will let you all know how the meeting goes and my next steps.

Regards
It'll be good to hear how the meeting went. I think everyone posting on this thread only wants one thing - for you to be able to live a peaceful and happy life, and to have your entire pension and any other income to yourself
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

1) Yes

2) By Law, the father has to support the children financially. My wife was unaware of that

Questions previously answered

Regards
You have NO responsibilities here except those you chose to take on, so exactly who are you "Abandoning"... Your "Wife" who's Billigamous?

No Fool Like an Old Fool (I said this to my mum today who will be your age in Jan)...

Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by N0rbett
You have NO responsibilities here except those you chose to take on, so exactly who are you "Abandoning"... Your "Wife" who's Billigamous?

No Fool Like an Old Fool (I said this to my mum today who will be your age in Jan)...
Billigamous?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:48 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I have gone to great lengths previously to explain why I know her family are not behind this. So perhaps explain to me why this is not the case in your opinion.

Regards
You have been the victim of a long con, my friend. Dollars to donuts she and the family have been conspiring, probably for years since she was in Kuwait, about what to tell you, which officials to get inside, etc, in order to keep milking you for money. A few fake disagreements between her and them to keep you from feeling like you're being ganged up on, and thus more likely to keep staying and keep paying.

Do you seriously think her family didn't know she was already married, and thus committing a serious crime and making an utter clown of you when she "married" you? Lol. Come on mate.

Anyway, even if you naively think the family weren't in on it, you can still solve your financial maintenance issue by having her incarcerated. You won't need to pay a penny while she is starring in the pinay remake of Orange is the New Black.

She is not just a liar but a conwoman and criminal.

You owe it to the many well-meaning western men just like you who have lost everything in similar scams, not to mention any men on whom she might try the same con in the future and anyone else whose potential lovescammer is deterred by seeing the consequences to LL, to ensure that justice is done.

We can't keep letting them get away with it. They need to understand there will be consequences for their lies, tricks and crimes. Strike a blow for justice, P11.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:52 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

🤣🤣🤣 Did she offer to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn too? The father was probably the one who hatched the scam with his wife to milk you for all you're worth.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings again...

I wish to make an overdue statement ...one that has not been asked of me.

I initially came to this place at the very kind invitation of MikeK1. He and his very lovely wife have both looked after me well beyond what they needed to do. For that I am very grateful. I thoroughly enjoyed a traditional Sunday beef roast at their house last Sunday and he recently took me to PSA to get the information I needed about her previous marriage. I have spoken to him about whether I should post this info here and stated it was down to me. He has probably been my fiercest critic but respect cuts a lot of ice. I am now living with a Filipino family as previously reported .....the family of an ex-pat's gf. Conditions are not ideal as you can imagine but I hope to find a pad of my own soon where I can live independently in peace.

I thank him...his lovely wife and all those here who have expressed support so far.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Nov 30th 2019 at 2:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.