My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Old Sep 30th 2014, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Is your timeframe a year from the start of your AHPRA application, or from now?

Originally Posted by nellienoo78
Just thought I would put in an update for anyone who is degree qualified and applying to AHPRA. My registration has just been approved. It has taken 5 months all in with the longest delay coming from the NMC here. The time frame to get to Australia is a year. If you aren't there within three months you have to sign a declaration of good standing as the NMC one runs out.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

nellienoo78 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the date it came through so until next September
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Srich is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know if you need to obtain professional indemnity insurance for Australia before you can lodge your application with AHPRA and before you leave the UK?!
Or do you tick 'no I do no have professional indemnity insurance' and just obtain it when you enter the country?
Any help greatly appreciated!!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

AbesUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, you tick yes. This means that, before you practice you are responsible with making sure you have Indemnity Ins. In place... Good luck!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AbesUK
Hi, you tick yes. This means that, before you practice you are responsible with making sure you have Indemnity Ins. In place... Good luck!
Thank you for your response AbesUK!, greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

carriee85 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way I found my RCN membership covered indemnity insurance for Aus and cheaper than alternative xx
Old Oct 15th 2014, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Hi all,
Yesterday my RO sent me an email requesting for my cv, which I already sent again last month, and apparently saying that I did not sign and date the cv.
I'm in the process of posting another one, and got another email today saying that the Board is sitting on 30 October and that, I may not have enough time for them to receive the information. So they were proposing an extension until 31 March 2015.
Quite strange when all that's needed is my signed and dated CV. I called them and they stated that the cv was Fine but that I need to sign it..
Anyone every experienced this.
My problem is I'm away on holiday in Israel, and having to post documents via main Post and trying to converse in y broken Hebrew is not helping too...
Good day ya'll
Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

No but maybe ask them that by granting an extension - and that is a pretty long one - will that hold things up if your CV arrives before or just after the 30th. If it means they won't start processing it until next March id get on with it pronto!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:54 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

it's been a while since I was here.

well...I've received a letter from AHPRA offering me registration in principle subject to conditions. OMG!

I have until October 31st next year to present in Australia to get my registration.

I have been assessed at AQF level 6 - I hold a UK enhanced Diploma.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Excellent news! You must be over the moon!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:21 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

My dh just got his in two weeks under the Trans Tasman - don't know if that might be useful to someone?!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Oh great News Picto... But wat are the conditions?
Old Nov 8th 2014, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know how you compile your application pre-mailing it?! For eg: what order things go in.

....Do you slot evidence into the hand filled in form, or do you mix the application form and 1-8 criteria. Also where do you place all your CPD evidence the work history section of the application form?!

any help would be greatly appreciated....

Also what did people write on their cover letter for the application did you do a contents page?! sorry to be a pain!
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Laurie 13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,
You sound as if you know what you're doing so far and I've got a really worrying question. My last 12 months have been spent working in Dementia with challenging behaviour and EMI units (im an RMN and this has been in nursing home environments). They are refusing point blank to provide statements of service as it's against company policy, which isn't really a surprise because their references are the bare minimum. Im panicking now. My initial job after qualifying was in a close support setting with young adults and it's the same story. I completed a 12 month internship with the NHS and they are more than happy to provide the statement. I don't know what to do.

L x
Old Jan 28th 2015, 6:32 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laurie 13
Hey,
You sound as if you know what you're doing so far and I've got a really worrying question. My last 12 months have been spent working in Dementia with challenging behaviour and EMI units (im an RMN and this has been in nursing home environments). They are refusing point blank to provide statements of service as it's against company policy, which isn't really a surprise because their references are the bare minimum. Im panicking now. My initial job after qualifying was in a close support setting with young adults and it's the same story. I completed a 12 month internship with the NHS and they are more than happy to provide the statement. I don't know what to do.

L x
Not sure who you are addressing - many people have posted on this thread. (There is a quote button at the bottom right of every post so you can quote a person in your post)

Have you checked the AHPRA and ANMAC criteria to see if they will accept references from superiors other than your employer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.