Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Tracey I think its in Herston? perhaps someone else could confirm this? It took ages for me to get my contract through the post, perhaps you could send them another email gently reminding them?

Jackie x
yes, it is herston. is that a bit out of the way.

Is the mater actually in the city?

Last edited by tracey.d; Jun 20th 2007 at 8:19 am. Reason: grammar
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:57 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Does anybody know what the location of the Royal Brisbane is?

My jobs there although I am starting to think I should have gone to The Mater.

I still havent got my contract etc. through despite being in contact with them for ages and me having a start date in October. I haven't been given any details about salary etc. either
Try this link:-

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rbwh/map.asp

Sorry Tass & Nikki - won't do it again!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Try this link:-

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rbwh/map.asp

Sorry Tass & Nikki - won't do it again!!
Graham !!!
Just to jump on your post, anyone that;s interested inNursing in Oz, Please read my post , with all the website links, It gives you info on pay rates and grades.
Speak to you later G,
Once you've finished all the housework !!!
Tass. x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:11 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
Graham !!!
Just to jump on your post, anyone that;s interested inNursing in Oz, Please read my post , with all the website links, It gives you info on pay rates and grades.
Speak to you later G,
Once you've finished all the housework !!!
Tass. x
OK - I know my place....

Byeeeeeee

xx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
OK - I know my place....

Byeeeeeee

xx
LOL!!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:19 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

yes, it is herston. is that a bit out of the way.

Is the mater actually in the city?
The Mater is in the centre but one of the private hospitals is out on bayside the other 6 are in the city.

Looking at my map Herston isn't that far out, just north of CBD on the main bus route from what I can see.

jackie x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

The Mater is in the centre but one of the private hospitals is out on bayside the other 6 are in the city.

Looking at my map Herston isn't that far out, just north of CBD on the main bus route from what I can see.

jackie x
Thanks. I've seen where it is on the map but couldnt really figure out where the Mater is.

It would be good if there was a good bus service to the hospital as the parking seems appalling. On the info they sent me it quotes approx. $14 a shift for parking

There is staff passes but a year waiting list. I dont fancy walking to/from the train station after a late shift or before my nights. I'm getting seriously worried about work now
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

nickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to all

Thanks. I've seen where it is on the map but couldnt really figure out where the Mater is.

It would be good if there was a good bus service to the hospital as the parking seems appalling. On the info they sent me it quotes approx. $14 a shift for parking

There is staff passes but a year waiting list. I dont fancy walking to/from the train station after a late shift or before my nights. I'm getting seriously worried about work now
Hi tracey

The Mater parking costs about $3.50 a day for staff.Also at the Mater because its a Charity supported hospital you can SOMPAC some money this is a tax free advantage.So I have the maximum which is $335 and my parking taken taxfree out of my money, the $335 towards my mortgage/rent and paid separately into my account saving the Tax.Voluntary payments to Superannuation and the purchase of a laptop can also be taken out.They also give a small uniform and washing allowance about $14-15 a fortnight.You are paid fortnightly here.We also get 5 weeks holiday a year.

The hospitals that are not charity funded do not have this facility something to take into account.

Nikki x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

nickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to allnickers is a name known to all

Hi Jackie

Some of the people I work with have worked at the Royal Brisbane and they all enjoyed it.I haven't heard any horror stories about it.

Its a bit further to drive for me at least and involves crossing the river on one of the bridges.

The Mater is at Southbank (the beach in the city) so its a short walk to the city. The Old Cleveland road is a straight road almost to the Mater so its a really easy drive (suits me) but then I live at Cleveland!

Nikki x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:32 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickers
Hi Jackie

Some of the people I work with have worked at the Royal Brisbane and they all enjoyed it.I haven't heard any horror stories about it.

Its a bit further to drive for me at least and involves crossing the river on one of the bridges.

The Mater is at Southbank (the beach in the city) so its a short walk to the city. The Old Cleveland road is a straight road almost to the Mater so its a really easy drive (suits me) but then I live at Cleveland!

Nikki x
A straight road....Well that will suit me right down to the ground then Nikki. Hubby is going to get me a decent car anyway when we get to Bris as I am fed up with driving old bangers here!

Do you know anything about the Pacific Resort Motel in Cleveland we are looking at staying there for 2 weeks while we look for a rental.

jackie x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:57 am
Keeping Busy

A straight road....Well that will suit me right down to the ground then Nikki. Hubby is going to get me a decent car anyway when we get to Bris as I am fed up with driving old bangers here!

Do you know anything about the Pacific Resort Motel in Cleveland we are looking at staying there for 2 weeks while we look for a rental.

jackie x
Before I start - Tass - don't jump on your keyboard and shout at me - NIkki asked me to find out about the Pacific Resort Motel

I called in there today Jackie and asked to see one of the rooms. I would say they're a little bit 'tired' you know, not up to 5 star rating - but it is a very short walk to Cleveland shops & restaturants, and does have a nice swimming pool and comfortable public areas. I would be happy to stay there for a couple of weeks - especially as you'll be running around sorting out school stuff, a rental property, appliances and furniture and crockery/cutlery for when you move in!!!!

If you don't already have it, the web address is www.pacificresortmotel.com.au
there's a surprise!!

It seems that some rooms have a bath, others a shower and some have spa baths so be specific if/when you phone them to book. Also the room rates they gave to me were for 1st Jan - 30th June so may increase slightly after then, The receptionist did say that if you booked before 30th June they would 'probably do the booking at the old rate', but that shouldn't rush you. I'm not sure how many there are in your family but a family room price is $130/$140 and is for 2 people with extra under 12's charged at $5 a night each extra and over 12's at $10 a night extra. Some rooms have a balcony and others don't - again there is no price difference.

When I came home I checked out the website for photo''s and they also have 3-bed villa's for rent but no price is shown!! So I phoned them and they are $160 per night and may suit you better!! I fyou like I'll ask to check them out for space - but they look like small 3-bed uk Terraced properties from the web pictures.

The receptionist Nicola is on 0061 7 3286 2088 (that's from the uk)

PM or email me if you need any further info. Good luck

Last edited by arnie2oz; Jun 25th 2007 at 5:59 am.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:05 pm
Living the Dream!

Oh thank you so much arnie for going to all that trouble for me. I have emailed them at the pacific but the 2 weeks we need to stay people have booked up the middle weekend which would mean we would have to check out and then check in again. We are now going to try the cleveland visitors villas motel as they have 2 bedroom villas, they are a bit pricey but its convenient and only for 2 weeks.

thank you so much again for your help i really do appreciate it.

jackie x
Old May 14th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

deb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hcmoore1
I'm joining you at the Mater, I got the job! YEAH!! So much for 1-2 weeks to find out after the interview (even though they gave a very positive hint), they rang back around 5 hours later to confirm the post on the neonatal unit.

See you all soon (Well whenever I get all the paperwork sorted!)

Helen

hi i have interview with queensland health for position of neonatal nurse .can you help me with questions which you were asked. which scenairos were you asked thanks