Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

hcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

I've never been to Aus either! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had strange looks when I mention this to them.

Do you have children Carole, if your looking for colleges/unis?

I've heard good things about Hope hospital as some of our babies have gone there when we have been full.

Helen
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

I have 4 children:- daughter aged 17, son aged 17 (twins, 18 in 2 wks), a 16 year old son, and a 12 year old daughter. Oh I forgot, a husband, at times it feels like I have 5 children with him.

Carole
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:22 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Whoo hoo! Congratulations Carole! Here's to us Mater gals!

Jackie x
Hi Jackie.
Hope you lot dont mind me hijacking your thread!
I have just come back from a recce in Brisbane and am wanting to start applying for jobs as we have just been granted our PR.
My friend who lives at wellington Point took me to look round a hospital i think it was called Redlands and next door to it was The Mater private hospital.
Is this the one you are talking about and if so do you have a web address for it?
I have tried googling it but...no joy.
By the way,what a beautiful place.
I cried when i had to come back.
Hopefully going out to live September time but it would be nice to have a job to go to.You lucky things you!!
Janice
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:35 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janice,

Its not my thread but i'm sure OP won't mind you asking for info.
I will pm you.

jackie x
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:18 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Originally Posted by hcmoore1
I'm joining you at the Mater, I got the job! YEAH!! So much for 1-2 weeks to find out after the interview (even though they gave a very positive hint), they rang back around 5 hours later to confirm the post on the neonatal unit.

See you all soon (Well whenever I get all the paperwork sorted!)

Helen
Well done Helen on getting the job, the telephone interview is hellish isnt it?! Looks like I will be there just before you (hoping to start in July) so hopefully I will have lost my usually numptyness by then Take care and see you when you get there. So are you going to be another member of the Mater after work drinking club that Jackie has formed
Clairex
Old May 16th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough

Would be interested if anyone works at the Mater Adult Hospital in Brisbane and could tell me what it's like or know anyone who currently works there. Just wondered what type of patients they predominantly get and how the workload is etc.
Old May 17th 2007, 10:17 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiona021
Would be interested if anyone works at the Mater Adult Hospital in Brisbane and could tell me what it's like or know anyone who currently works there. Just wondered what type of patients they predominantly get and how the workload is etc.
I'm not starting there til September...can't help until then I'm afraid!

Jackie x
Old May 17th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks anyway. Got my reg with the QNC so halfway there at least! Best of luck in September.

Cheers

Fiona
Old May 17th 2007, 8:55 pm
Living the Dream!

Thanks Fiona, what are of nursing are you thinking of ?

Jackie x
Old May 17th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

A&E so having a wee sniff about them just now. Want to know what to expect compared to what I'm used to dealing with. Hope not too many jelly fish stings.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by fiona021
A&E so having a wee sniff about them just now. Want to know what to expect compared to what I'm used to dealing with. Hope not too many jelly fish stings.

ooh wouldn't that be interesting though? jelly fish and snake bites etc....
so much better than ingrowing toenails and sprained ankles!

I am going to the CCU and its not like the one in the hospital that I work at. Its quite non invasive, doesn't do angiograms or anything like PTCA. Think its mainly acute coronary syndrome and pacing stuff, but thats fine with me for starters! Don't want anything too taxing!

Jackie x
Old May 17th 2007, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tell me about it. Seen enough sprained ankles to last a lifetime! CCU will be great. Something I fancy later on maybe.

I think the main thing is just to settle in. I'm already nervous. From the sounds of it though you don't have a thing to worry about. You'll fit right in.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:59 pm
Living the Dream!

have you already contacted the mater fiona? I sent them an email and the unit manager rang me back and told me all about the unit and the kind of patients it has.

Jackie x
Old May 18th 2007, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

I have spoke to them and they were really nice and informative but just wanted someone's first hand experience of what it was actually like. Cheers anyway
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I've not been offered a relocation package with the Mater and I don't particularly want one as they usually tie you into a 2 year contract. I prefer to come and go as i please!

jackie x
Totally agree with you on your route!
My wife has a telephone interview for mater hospital in Brisbane and the call is from manchester on 23rd may. They and i know they will want her in on a 457 (Tie her down ) but we need to go on a 136 as we have 4 children and the child benefit and free schools is a must plus other benefits so we will see how pushy they are and either turn them down or you never know they might meet our request! who knows

Will keep you all informed on the outcome tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.