Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all
Default Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

There I was, in the bath at 10.30pm this evening, when my son, shouted someone was on the phone for me, Dripping wet, I wrapped a towel around me, muttering "I can't even have a bath in peace now"

Well it was only the Unit Manager of the Neonatal Unit at the Mater Hospital, offering me a job, well I was speechless and believe me thats a first.
Angela the NUM went on to say that the interview went well, and that they were awaiting for the second reference, and thats why they were a little late replying. Well I know personally that the second ref. only got sent of Yesterday, Sat evening, as I was pestering my unit manager to send it off. I could not believe that they were replying at their 07.30am. I could not take in what she went on to say, so I asked if she could reiterate everything she was saying on an e-mail.

Angela also said they would get HR to send me a letter confirming everything and to give me information on housing etc.

Well girls it looks like I will be joining you lot at the Mater, especially you claire, as you will be one of my Senior collegues. Well thats if the RBWH does not sell me there hospital is the best.

One down, One to go, hope I hear soon from them, sick of the waiting whatever the news is good or bad.

Got myself a Job, God it feels good.

Carole.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:27 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
There I was, in the bath at 10.30pm this evening, when my son, shouted someone was on the phone for me, Dripping wet, I wrapped a towel around me, muttering "I can't even have a bath in peace now"

Well it was only the Unit Manager of the Neonatal Unit at the Mater Hospital, offering me a job, well I was speechless and believe me thats a first.
Angela the NUM went on to say that the interview went well, and that they were awaiting for the second reference, and thats why they were a little late replying. Well I know personally that the second ref. only got sent of Yesterday, Sat evening, as I was pestering my unit manager to send it off. I could not believe that they were replying at their 07.30am. I could not take in what she went on to say, so I asked if she could reiterate everything she was saying on an e-mail.

Angela also said they would get HR to send me a letter confirming everything and to give me information on housing etc.

Well girls it looks like I will be joining you lot at the Mater, especially you claire, as you will be one of my Senior collegues. Well thats if the RBWH does not sell me there hospital is the best.

One down, One to go, hope I hear soon from them, sick of the waiting whatever the news is good or bad.

Carole.
congratulations
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:24 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

Wow, brilliant! Which job would you prefer?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Carole.
well done carol. You must be really pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:21 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Carole.
Well done carole, I'm really concerned now as I only got an email, no HR letter and when I asked she said I should just come in for a chat when I get there . I'm really happy for you and look forward to woring with you, when do you head out?
Clairex
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Well done carole, I'm really concerned now as I only got an email, no HR letter and when I asked she said I should just come in for a chat when I get there . I'm really happy for you and look forward to woring with you, when do you head out?
Clairex
Hi claire,

Don't worry, I have only recieved an e-mail after the initial phone call,
e-mail was just confirming job offer, and stateing HR will be in touch with letter sometime soon, so have not heard from them yet, e-mail just went on to say to let them know of a start date when i know more. it was 3 lines. thats all.

As everyone says, they are rather laid back over there, l honestly don't think theres anything to worry about, except the fact you will have to work with me.

I have not heard anything of RBWH yet, and I don't think my referees have either (not good news me thinks!) but it would be nice to have the choice of the two hospitals, so's I could have more freedom of where to live, (as undecided at the moment) Well I think I was swinging to the Mater anyway, seemed to have more conversations with them via e-mail, and Angela seems really nice. we'll have to see over the next week.

Thanks everyone for the Congrats it feels really good.

Carole
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:20 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Carole.
Fantastic news......congrats

I got mine on Wednesday at Royal Perth
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:20 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Hey got myself a Job at the Mater Hospital, Brisbane.

Hi claire,

except the fact you will have to work with me.
Hey we'll have a great time
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:21 pm
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by Issie

Excellent, well done Issie.
Clairex
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Issie

Fantastic Issie, thats great news, feels good doesn't it

Carole
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:51 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Whoo hoo! Congratulations Carole! Here's to us Mater gals!

Jackie x
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

well done.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

FlOSSANDJO is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations....other than salary, what if any is the Mater offering for relocation? expenses, housing etc?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been offered a relocation package with the Mater and I don't particularly want one as they usually tie you into a 2 year contract. I prefer to come and go as i please!

jackie x
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chiara25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

Well done on bagging your job!
I'm presuming you already have your visa granted?? Just wondering how far in advance I should start looking for jobs, also wanting to move to Perth.

Cheers
C. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.