Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

You know you're settling in when.....

You know you're settling in when.....

Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:05 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're settling in when.....

When everything outside of NZ is 'overseas.' When you say, 'bloody aussies'

When you use words like, 'sweet' and 'stink' without feeling silly!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
You think it's normal when your boss hands you a beer at your desk at 4pm on a Friday
Woo hoo! That's IT, we're moving!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:29 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

..........you have

a serious discussion with your wife, about the merits of buying a chain saw.
figured out how to fillet a fish.
a understanding of the right turn rule.
shouted out "bloody tourist" to a campervan driver.
received your fly buys card.
developed a taste for pies.
picked up a copy of "Pig Hunter" from the magazine rack.
gotten used to avocado in your sandwich.
realised that "sweet as" is not referring to your wife's backside.
removed the word "stress" from your vocabulary.

Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
..........you have

a serious discussion with your wife, about the merits of buying a chain saw.
figured out how to fillet a fish.
a understanding of the right turn rule.
shouted out "bloody tourist" to a campervan driver.
received your fly buys card.
developed a taste for pies.
picked up a copy of "Pig Hunter" from the magazine rack.
gotten used to avocado in your sandwich.
realised that "sweet as" is not referring to your wife's backside.
removed the word "stress" from your vocabulary.

or when you say everything's 'all good',or you don'tsnarl and chase someone for undertaking,or you let your kids walk to school by themselves!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:39 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

You decribe something you like as "choice!"
You understand the reference in the Burger King advert "We've cooked you all some eggs"
You greet people with "Kia Ora"
You know the tune of the national anthem
You buy concert tickets at the event
You use the phrase "I rocked up.." to say you arrived
You say you'll turn up at six but it's more like seven by the time you rock up
You don't give people a funny look when they say they live in the wop wops
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

You get all excited when you see a shop selling barbies
You spend more time barefoot than you do wearing shoes
You know you used to live a different life but it seems to have belonged to someone else
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:32 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

You get used to sand in the bed
You've got permanent T-Shirt suntan lines
You remember that most beer bottles have twist off tops
You can chop wood without losing toes
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:56 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Great posts, you say "eerrgghh" instead of yes. You look at nice sharp new axes for chopping fire wood. You spot the new POMS as they are white and pasty (like we were) and just off the boat, had a Kiwi say that to me, "Fresh off the boat mate". You collect fir cones as the are great fire starters. You start looking at boats and that 4x4 to go with it. You do indeed support the All Blacks. I used to watch all the games, wich is funny as i don't bother with football (im from Newcastle).
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:55 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Really made me laugh (ouch!)
We aim to please
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:57 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Apple Tree
Wow, impressive. Looks great. I bet that hurt though. I have one on my ankle but its a diddy one, wasnt brave enough to have one that big
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Your daily routine is a walk on the beach.
You stop asking why people hang out their washing with little pink animals (pigs...........pegs) and write with sharp objects (pins...........pens)
Saturday nights is all about having friends around instead of going out 'on the town'
Meals are cooked from scratch and not just bought from the chiller cabinet.
You know the names of the native plants in your garden.
Your work collegues can understand most of your accent without you having to repeat it 3 times!
You say 'cool' numerous times a day and not think anything of it!
Wine becomes your favoured drink.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:32 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dazal
Wow, impressive. Looks great. I bet that hurt though. I have one on my ankle but its a diddy one, wasnt brave enough to have one that big

so where's the picture???
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Walking round the streets with no shoes on is sooooo liberating! And when people say good morning with a smile and they are being nice, not sizing you up to rob you!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
Walking round the streets with no shoes on is sooooo liberating! And when people say good morning with a smile and they are being nice, not sizing you up to rob you!
I,me,Danny,have started driving bare footed!! Me!! I mean-liberation at its worst surely!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:33 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
I,me,Danny,have started driving bare footed!! Me!! I mean-liberation at its worst surely!!
That's illegal in the UK!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.