Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

You know you're settling in when.....

You know you're settling in when.....

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:48 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Re: You know you're settling in when.....

Originally Posted by Apple Tree
so where's the picture???
Dont have one as yet but can get my OH to take a piccy and will put it on for you. Its not even a Maori one though, sorry! So cant claim that kind of kiwi connection. Just the fact I had it done in NZ, does that count!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RobClubley
That's illegal in the UK!!

I never knew that and I used to do it regularly.

Meanwhile we got the electoral role forms to fill in today ,is that admitting to being "HOME" seeing as you have to reside here for 12 months b4 you can register?strange
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:09 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thought of another one, when you're told to 'bring a plate' to a get together you don't question whether they have enough, or think they're rude!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:44 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Oh thought of another one, when you're told to 'bring a plate' to a get together you don't question whether they have enough, or think they're rude!
Although have to say there is one I still cannot quite get my head round and that is when you have a party and people bring booze and then they take it away with them again at the end of the night! I still cant quite bring myself to do that and then you get given your food to take back home again at the end of the night!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:02 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazal
Although have to say there is one I still cannot quite get my head round and that is when you have a party and people bring booze and then they take it away with them again at the end of the night! I still cant quite bring myself to do that and then you get given your food to take back home again at the end of the night!

What??? are you kidding? Are you sure you haven't just been too lousy parties?!! Jesus, I've not seen that, but then, I've not been to a lot of parties, BLUSH!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

....when you know who Jenny Craig and Vince Martin are.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

When you can tell the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi accent.
When you stop wondering sweet as a what?
When you get used to sittin on the "dick"

I agree that the taking drink home at the end of the night is strange though - we knew they were mainly Brits who came to our bbq as they left their drink at the end of the night - thanks guys!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:21 pm
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

And when someone ask you to "bring a plate" you put some food on it
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:01 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

You know what Mufty day is
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Very strange with the taking their booze home with them isn't it, we invited some friends for a bbq and they brought their own food as well
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

You can actually pronounce the street names
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:05 pm
sky
Banned

The price of clothing starts to seem more reasonable to you again and you don't nearly have a heart attack looking at the price ticket of something!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:05 pm
sky
Banned

You'll haggle to the death at a garage sale
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:06 pm
sky
Banned

You repair stuff instead of going out and buying a new one
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:07 pm
sky
Banned

You take your car for it's WOF (MOT) and the garage doesn't use it as a licence to print their own money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.