STEP CHILDREN

Old Jul 12th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: STEP CHILDREN

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
You shouldn't count your chickens just yet though. While he needs to have the letter signed by a solicitor, he will then of course as a matter of the meeting that will be held to get the signature, a little counseilling from the solicitor. Until you have the letter signed, you have nothing, so just be patient.
Well we got the news yesterday that we have been waiting for.
After last weeks small hiccup..
We have received in the post ...A SIGNED LETTER OF AUTHORITY FROM MY WIFES EX HUSBAND,allowing us to take the children to New Zealand,and my i add it has been counter signed and stamped by a Notary figure....
So now i think we can count our chickens ...Yee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Once again thanks to everyone who provided help and information
also the words of encouragement along the way.To be honest we thought it would have dragged on,thank heavens it hasn't....
Good eh....
Time for Brekki....Have a good day everyone
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I can see the feathers flying, get counting and congratulations, that was a nail biter.

All the best to you and the children. Now, come on down to Rangiora!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
I can see the feathers flying, get counting and congratulations, that was a nail biter.

All the best to you and the children. Now, come on down to Rangiora!
ok thanks...
Where's Rangiora?????..
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:47 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by squiddley
We have received in the post ...A SIGNED LETTER OF AUTHORITY FROM MY WIFES EX HUSBAND,allowing us to take the children to New Zealand,and my i add it has been counter signed and stamped by a Notary figure....

Once again thanks to everyone who provided help and information
also the words of encouragement along the way.To be honest we thought it would have dragged on,thank heavens it hasn't....
Good eh....
Time for Brekki....Have a good day everyone

So pleased for you, and the biggest bonus is it didn't drag on. Things were bad enough without being drawn out. Good, really really pleased. Nice for you to be able to sit back and take a deep breath then relax (after you come down from the high clouds of course).

Pauline
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:55 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by j19fmm
OK, not sure why this happened but I don't have Residency for the kids. Guess at the time of divorce I just wanted out and thought we'd always be adult, haha. So I have no right to take kids out of jurisdiction, nor does he. Including his holiday with them to the Isles of Scilly in a couple of weeks. So my Solicitor has faxed the dates and times I wish to fly to NZ for our 2 week holiday and if he refuses again we have to go to Court for a Specific Order or something. Can't believe how much this is going to cost. Just as well I can stick it on the mortgage and meanwhile the flights fill up and get more expensive. Bugger :curse:

It doesn't rain but it pours, you poor thing.

I'm not usually one for 'tit for tat' but if he is prepared to stop you from bringing the kids for a hol to NZ for fear of you not returning, you can threaten do the same to make him aware of the extra costs, but all this does is effect the kids, they miss out on holidays (assuming they want to go to the Isles of Scilly).

Tit for Tat can also heighten animosity if present.

Hope all turns out well, fingers crossed for you.

Pauline
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

What fantastic news Squiddley,pleased for you and yours. Now you can plan that move you dreamed of.

Phyllis x
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

OK, not sure why this happened but I don't have Residency for the kids. Guess at the time of divorce I just wanted out and thought we'd always be adult, haha. So I have no right to take kids out of jurisdiction, nor does he. Including his holiday with them to the Isles of Scilly in a couple of weeks. So my Solicitor has faxed the dates and times I wish to fly to NZ for our 2 week holiday and if he refuses again we have to go to Court for a Specific Order or something. Can't believe how much this is going to cost. Just as well I can stick it on the mortgage and meanwhile the flights fill up and get more expensive. Bugger :curse:
Oh j19fmm,it just seems to go from bad to worsechin up we're all here to support and help you if we can

Phyllis x
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Oh j19fmm,it just seems to go from bad to worsechin up we're all here to support and help you if we can

Phyllis x
Originally Posted by howden40
It doesn't rain but it pours, you poor thing.

I'm not usually one for 'tit for tat' but if he is prepared to stop you from bringing the kids for a hol to NZ for fear of you not returning, you can threaten do the same to make him aware of the extra costs, but all this does is effect the kids, they miss out on holidays (assuming they want to go to the Isles of Scilly).

Tit for Tat can also heighten animosity if present.

Hope all turns out well, fingers crossed for you.

Pauline
Thank you both, I'm not going to give in to him so this is going to be one big fight..
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squiddley
FANTASTIC NEWS
So pleased for you all, don't forget us though when you're living the high life down under
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

FANTASTIC NEWS
So pleased for you all, don't forget us though when you're living the high life down under
How could we forget you all...Living the high life....one day...
The next biggy is the medicals and of course the big pay outs along the way....Removals,flights etc
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hope you are still celebrating!!! Look forward to seing you in good old Blenheim soon!!!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hope you are still celebrating!!! Look forward to seing you in good old Blenheim soon!!!
Thankyou... cant wait...mm those lovely Safeair overalls..........NICE.....
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

benandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the rough

So happy to read your fantastic news

We are both really happy for you.

Now to start to pack!

Ben & Lea
xox
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:07 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Squiddley - Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked out for you I hope everything else in the process goes well and the move is a smooth one!

j19 - Just remember that what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!! I know how you are feeling right now, when we went through the LTR case it seems to be one thing after another cropping up and trying to knock you down. Do you have any kind of formal contact order for your ex to see the kids at all or is it simply an informal arrangement between the two of you? I'm asking because normally in a defined contact order it won't say anything about residency unless you ask for it to be put in, but it will say about the 28 day thing. Also, if the children have always lived with you, with no objections from their biological father, he is going to have to prove you to be unfit to suddenly get residency - and if there is no history of complaints about the care of the children until you want to move, he's going to look pretty stupid if he starts now.

Try not to worry too much, I know its easier said than done, I spent many sleepless nights and days laid in bed thinking that not only was I not going to be able to move, but that I was going to lose my kids or have my reputation tarnished because of the moves my ex was pulling, but you just need to remember that YOU are doing all this to give yourself and the kids a better life and more opportunities, where as HE is doing it because he is bitter. Just take a look at those links I gave you a couple of months ago again - all the cases that have been won by people who apply for LTR and get your fight back!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well well, latest feed of sh*te from EX, he wrote to my Headteacher (I'm a Teacher at my kids school) saying I was trying to get the kids out of the country etc and he wants her to refuse me permission for a weeks holiday in October (I was addidng a week on to half term). God this is so embarrassing Luckily she knows all about the scenario and says it's got nothing to do with her whether I go on holiday or not. He told her he has also written to the secondary school Principle, as my daughter is due to start there in September. Daughter would be livid if she knew, should I tell her?
On a brighter note, to prove I'm serious about this, I sent all my docs off to NZQA yesterday for assessment, scary just doing that!! Not to mention expensive - approx £186 plus postage, gulp.
How's everyone else doing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.