Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi there, not sure if any of you will remember me, we applied last year for the RNZAF but decided not to pursue it until hubbys 12 yr point is up next yr in the RAF so we can go with his gratuity in our pockets, I haven't been on expats in a while and was just wondering how those of you who did go through with it are getting along? I am getting sooo impatient to go now and can't wait until we can apply again and get the ball rolling...hope you all have good news and lots of exciting things going on
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Hi there, not sure if any of you will remember me, we applied last year for the RNZAF but decided not to pursue it until hubbys 12 yr point is up next yr in the RAF so we can go with his gratuity in our pockets, I haven't been on expats in a while and was just wondering how those of you who did go through with it are getting along? I am getting sooo impatient to go now and can't wait until we can apply again and get the ball rolling...hope you all have good news and lots of exciting things going on
Hi, we are still going through the immigration process, no final decision has been made yet, but we should find out within the next few weeks, we will then at least know whether we have been accepted or not. If it all happens we will be over in NZ late September, have stopped indepth research for a couple of months, it was becoming an obsession!! Will no doubt begin again if it all goes ahead. Good luck with your application.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mair, thanks for your answer, can i ask how did you find the app process for RNZAF? was it ok or really hard? How much info did they give you towards the immigration process if any? thanks
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant futureMair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Hi Mair, thanks for your answer, can i ask how did you find the app process for RNZAF? was it ok or really hard? How much info did they give you towards the immigration process if any? thanks
It hasn't been too bad really, just time consuming particularly when you have mislaid birth certificates!! The main form is the EOI which took us most of a weekend to fill out, that said if that is accepted it makes up most of the resident application form, the other important factors are medicals and police certificates. The interview process in London was very relaxed and the RNZAF very friendly, we took our kids along and they were made very welcome. I will let you know the final outcome of our quest as soon as we know. Bye for now.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Well we have re-activated our application for last years intake so we are officially applying to join the RNZAF for the 2010 intake, just have to update Steve's CV with a few bits he's done since and then wait and see if we are invited for an interview....I hope so after turning it down last year!
Once again the recruitment team have been great and i'm always surprised by how quickly they get back to us...hope it's a good sign
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hi

Well, getting the job with RNZAF was the easy part!! but Boy, do they make the immigration bit hard, i guess it keeps unwanted people out of NZ. We are very near to sending all the paperwork in, just waiting for medical stuff to come back, that has been a mare. The other bit, which is the bain of my life at the mo', is getting my quals recognised by NZQA. They want information and more information, they wanted the certificates that lead up to the certificate i am getting accessed!! Why i don't know, why would they want to see 'o' level certificates for an accessment on a degree?? I have been in touch with my case officer at NZ house and he says that hold ups are normally caused by NZQA! and not to worry.
So, just be prepared for a long hard process but hopefully worth it in the end.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Jeez that does sound a nightmare for you! I hope it all works out
Do you mind if I ask what job you will be doing in RNZAF?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hiya

I am going to be in Auckland on 40 Sqn, working on Hercs. Where are you going?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully the same, hubby has 6yrs experience from the Hercs at Lyneham so that would seem the obvious place for them to put us if Steve gets an offer of service, i'm hoping the interviews for this board will be before April or after July coz Steve will be in Iraq between then and I wouldn't want to have to miss the interviews and meeting the other families but I guess if we do miss them it's a good excuse to go to NZ again! lol
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

When was hubby at on hercs? I was on them for 16 years from the early 90's onward. Don't worry to much about interview dates if and when you get that far. They do them over about a month period and although they initially give you a date, they are very flexible and will give you a date to suit you. I had the same problem, i was in Oman for the date they gave me and they happily changed it.
Is Auckland where you want to be? I didn't mind where they put me, but i thought that with a life time on Herc's, that is where they would send me.
Good luck and let me know how you are getting on. By the way, Myself and family are leaving in August ( providing i get through immigration!! )
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

we were at Lyneham from 2002 until about 6 months ago when we were posted to Aldergrove.
we would be emigrating out there next year, we originally applied last year but realised we would be better waiting for his 12 yr point before emigrating.
We found the recruting team pretty flexible last time as well although it's good to know the interview process is that flexible although a trip out to NZ wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world!
I think our main concern is the wages, I know hubby will have to take a drop but the RNZAF have never give us a clue how much he would earn out there, he is currently a JT and I know thats a rank they don't have so also not sure what rank he would be if they offer him a job, oh well wait and see if the board selects him again and go from there..
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to say, yeah Auckland would be fine, I love the south Island but see that more as where we will settle eventually, Picton being my most favourite place, I wouldn't really want Wellington (is there a base in Wellington I can't remember?) but that's just coz it's too bloomin windy!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Yeah the wages are a big concern for anyone leaving uk wages. Will your OH be getting a part pension? I'm fortunate that i will have a full pension, v important so i'm told, to be able to live comfortably. I will also be on SNCO wages, which, after the pay review last year, are quite reasonable by NZ standards. Is he due his tapes? Not sure if he would be made up or down a rank if accepted in. You definately need to do the maths on the money side of things. As my wife said, ' i am not going the other side of the world to struggle to get by, i can do that here! '. Don't mean to sound negative, just want you to have all the facts.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

By the way, was he on J's or K's at Lyneham? If he was on J's, i would probably have taught him.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah he was on J's....loved it!
PM me your details if you don't mind and i will check if he knows you?
Would have part pension and due his tapes (acting cpl for 3 or 4 yrs now, so overdue really)
Will have about $40,000 NZD on arrival, does that sound do-able to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.