Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

We were going to get train as it says ' the cheapest route' but driving down would be better. Contain the kids!!! i was dreading them running up and down the carriages!
I will get Andy to send an email to check its ok.
Yes the suitcases!!will look so funny! Plus we are putting the youngest 2 on wrist straps i hope we dont all get tangled up!! Andy and i will pull 2 each and get the kids to pull one each! i am SO not looking forward to the travelling

Last edited by Divine Comedy; Jun 14th 2007 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Two of use hired cars to go down to London in March myself for one day as I said and Dave for a week, I got hire charge plus petrol back and Dave had his rental costs including petrol divided by 7 and got his paid out as well and he hired a Galaxy to transport the four of them, Just go on Trainline and book a ticket for the six of you and compare that to a days hire plus sorry we used Hertz as they had better one way rental charges.
Plus if you do hire a car ask for a sat nav as the hotel is easy to find, but hotel to hertz hire at Marble Arch me and Tracy would have been divorced by the time we found our way there!!
The claim process is real easy on the induction course they have a form filled out all you need is all the receipts from your immigration that you put together in order and your travel receipts.

Rick & Tracy
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rickg37
Everyone including the kids is entitled to two pieces of hold baggage (up to 23k's when we travelled) via LA plus that one piece of handbaggage so its down to how much you can carry we looked like the tribes of Israel arriving in London with 8 suitcases and 4 bits of handluggage.

Just as another thought down to personal preference we hired a car from Budjet to travel from Tracys parents in Darlington to London we paid about 106 pounds with extra insurance for a mondeo estate picked up at 5 o'clock on saturday to drop of by 5 o'clock sunday in London and this was refunded as travel costs by the RNZAF as part of the claim. The hotel is right off Trafalgar square and the fact we dropped the luggage straight off then booked one of the suggested taxis to the airport made travelling a bit easier. You also get refunded for the airport taxi so better than the tube we used one think he was called Ray and he had a people carrier to take everyone.
We are thinking of hiring a car to take us to london, didnt realise that you could claim money back for travel expenses. I didnt realise that you could take so much luggage, not sure how Polly will manage with 2 lots of luggage to carry. Hope you are enjoying yourself, your pics from weekend away were good
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Yeah they are pretty good with the claims and we would have thought you will be on the same terms as us, we only needed to produce the receipts for immigration and associated costs plus the travel ones, no receipts for London or Takapuna as from the Monday in London you are paid rates Adults on full kids on half i think up to 12 but the CD has them on it and that comes back as part of your claim no receipts needed

Rick
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

so do any of you lot know of any rocks that have got a transfer?????????
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rockape
Hi Stan,

There is one rock I know of who came out not long after we did, sure he did his full 22, we have been here since Oct06 and I'm sure he is Air Security trade as a SGT.

Cheers,

Mick
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rockape

Like Mick says dont know of many, are you planning to make the jump across here??
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

For those of you with older teenage children take note, one quick tick test and away goes Tom on his scooter completely road legal, plus because of its power output and speed limiter no WOF needed just registration.

Thats when you know your kids grown up when they disappear into the distance at 40k's

So coming soon to a road near you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td9oGtut0F8
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Badass Barrass will become famous soon enough

I know a FS Si Lamb RAF Regt left Jul 06 think he is up in Auckland. I work at present with quite a few rocks in Cyprus who have all had copies of recruitment dvd and awaiting next recruitment drive.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

is that si lamb who used to do mountain rescue at leeming????
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

I also waiting for recruiment drive, on the last one got to stage 3 but no further, found out they 1100 aplicants and only choose 250.

I know a lad called pete jenkinson got through and he left a year after me.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Badass Barrass will become famous soon enough

Im not too sure on Si Lamb as mountain rescue but I know he was big into RAF rugby. He instructed me on my level 1 rugby coach course three weeks before going off to NZ last Jul. As I said quite a few RAF Regt looking into this option at Ay Nik in Cyprus. I have been accepted and am off to Ohakea in Nov 07. Anybody else out there on this intake.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future

Well thats it, I've only gone and done it!

EOI submitted, fingers crossed that I get selected and immigration don't kick off about my daughter. Managed to scrape together 185 points (I hope I read the destructions properly).

Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dmcewan
Well thats it, I've only gone and done it!

EOI submitted, fingers crossed that I get selected and immigration don't kick off about my daughter. Managed to scrape together 185 points (I hope I read the destructions properly).

HUGE GOOD LUCKS, hope all goes well
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Hey Good Luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.