Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:55 am
  #226  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Glad you are going on your own feelings Good luck with your new life!!
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 20th 2007, 8:09 am
  #227  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by dmcewan
Thanks for all your input guys,
I am now reassured that we are making the right decision. It is the lifestyle my wife and I are after, especially now I have a month old daughter to think about. What is the education system/life for kids like out there?
I have an induction briefing next week in Portsmouth so hopefully I will leave that even more positive.

Thx.
Hi, how are you getting on?
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 20th 2007, 8:12 am
  #228  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi, just an update, our removals arrive on the 30th May to 'wrap&pack' then the container 31st and then off it goes!!!! where has this year gone!?
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 20th 2007, 9:17 am
  #229  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanganui, NZ
Posts: 6
tinytiger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Good luck with the removals ! It will be a very emotional day ...but your one step closer which is very exciting. Hope all it goes smoothly

Lou x
tinytiger is offline  
Old May 20th 2007, 7:22 pm
  #230  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Hobsonville
Posts: 158
annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Debborah

Great news with your removals, what are you doing about your comp, or do you have a lap top? we are not sure about taking the dog, we feel cruel taking him on such a long flight etc! Just posted a thread about Gilbert Syndrome to try and get some feedback, when i get back from work today i am going to ring our case worker and have a chat see if she can shed any light on it. Have a good day and happy packing

Ann
annbee is offline  
Old May 21st 2007, 1:16 am
  #231  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by tinytiger
Good luck with the removals ! It will be a very emotional day ...but your one step closer which is very exciting. Hope all it goes smoothly

Lou x
Thanks!!!
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 21st 2007, 1:20 am
  #232  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi Debborah

Great news with your removals, what are you doing about your comp, or do you have a lap top? we are not sure about taking the dog, we feel cruel taking him on such a long flight etc! Just posted a thread about Gilbert Syndrome to try and get some feedback, when i get back from work today i am going to ring our case worker and have a chat see if she can shed any light on it. Have a good day and happy packing

Ann
Hi Ann, yes we have got a laptop so can still can keep in touch. Saw your thread about Gilberts Syndrome, all good positive replies.
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 21st 2007, 1:53 am
  #233  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Hobsonville
Posts: 158
annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Debborah, I Emailed our case officer today and she said that it will not make a difference to our application. A HUGE sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann
annbee is offline  
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:47 am
  #234  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi Debborah, I Emailed our case officer today and she said that it will not make a difference to our application. A HUGE sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann
WOOOO HOO!!!!! Great News!
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:51 am
  #235  
Forum Regular
 
Divine Comedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Badass Barrass

I have a 'hello' for you from Jill here at Aldergrove.
Divine Comedy is offline  
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:59 am
  #236  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 5
hlbfolks will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by vhpacer
I take it your in the Brit AF?

I am a kiwi, I tried to get into the RNZAF as a pilot last year and they turned there noses down at me....even though I have a helicopter CPL and I have 600 hours flying time under my belt, which is all of deer recovery. I'm sure you've heard about that, its very skillful and dangerous work. Only because I didnt do physics at school 4 or 5 years ago!!!

Entry into the RNZAF is very competitive, and it would be like joining neighbourhood watch compared to your RAF.

I would stay in England mate (yes I have been,worked in a bar in Cardiff for 4 months, and went all over the UK) you Brits really dont know how good you have it over there.

NZ is gradually falling down the shitter I'm sorry to say.....
hi vhpacer, interested re your comment about NZ going down the shitter... you have 4 million, we have 60+ million in a land roughly the same size. a govt that is getting increasingly communist in its outlook and laws. only certain groups have rights. you have beautiful countryside, we have concrete, concrete,concrete and yes you guessed it, concrete. england used to be a green and pleasant land to quote some famous dead chappy and now it is grey and brown and full of sponging foreigners who can *£!* off back to their own country for all i care. So when you say that NZ is going down the shitter, it cannot be as bad as over here. house prices are going through the roof and no-one can afford to move or get onto the property ladder. So please tell me just what is SOOOOO bad about NZ?? my brother in law and mother in law live over there, we are considering a move ourselves, and yes your wages aren't as high as ours, but then our wages don't allow us to buy houses etc either. your standing of living is higher, your crime rate lower etc etc, so come on, tell everyone why you think NZ is so bad, and we will all tell you how much worse the UK is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hlbfolks is offline  
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:51 am
  #237  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Auckland
Posts: 97
jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by hlbfolks
hi vhpacer, interested re your comment about NZ going down the shitter... you have 4 million, we have 60+ million in a land roughly the same size. a govt that is getting increasingly communist in its outlook and laws. only certain groups have rights. you have beautiful countryside, we have concrete, concrete,concrete and yes you guessed it, concrete. england used to be a green and pleasant land to quote some famous dead chappy and now it is grey and brown and full of sponging foreigners who can *£!* off back to their own country for all i care. So when you say that NZ is going down the shitter, it cannot be as bad as over here. house prices are going through the roof and no-one can afford to move or get onto the property ladder. So please tell me just what is SOOOOO bad about NZ?? my brother in law and mother in law live over there, we are considering a move ourselves, and yes your wages aren't as high as ours, but then our wages don't allow us to buy houses etc either. your standing of living is higher, your crime rate lower etc etc, so come on, tell everyone why you think NZ is so bad, and we will all tell you how much worse the UK is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vhpacer

I'm sorry you feel your talents were not needed in the RNZAF but as you said it is now very competitive now even to get into the RNZAF they can pick and choose ! Our lives have changed dramatically in 8 months and we have not come over here with rose tinted glasses we have been accepted and we now call ourselves the migrants and we do our best to intergrate with this very small population growth. Yes life is full of bull s**t politics wherever you go around the world politicians guarantee you tax cuts and incentives for your vote. But with a land mass one 5th larger than UK and 4.1m population the space does me and my family this is my little piece of paradise and as the U2 paraphrase says " I still haven't found what I'm looking for " but NZ will do for me and my family, who knows what the future holds in any country depends on what party is in at the time and what is there agenda you cannot change how a country is driven by man alone. Sorry for hijacking this thread once more, but the RNZAF is a small force but do there job just as good as the RAF do back in UK after all we still are a commonwealth country, all I need now is to get my two sons out of the British Army and cross them over to the RNZAF and life will be complete, then I can rest easy that they will never be part of Blair's breeding cycle for uk servicemen/women as cannon fodder for Iraq. Maybe they will do better in the Kiwi force learning how to reconstruct under the PRT umbrella. Primary Reconstruction Team for those not savvy. But there is lots to see and do here in NZ and you are you are within throwing distance of some beautiful countries like the UK to the Med, so there are many to's and for's against a lot of countries. We made the massive leap of faith and went with what our heart was telling us at the time, with no regrets so far !! We still are proud of our country we left behind we always will be, but sometimes change is as good as a rest....
jonesey is offline  
Old May 24th 2007, 9:56 am
  #238  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Hobsonville
Posts: 158
annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
WOOOO HOO!!!!! Great News!
hi debborah, just finished checking all our paperwork into a huge jiffy bag, then a box, all labeled up to go by registered post tomorrow to NZ house, so now the waiting game!!!!!!
annbee is offline  
Old May 24th 2007, 4:26 pm
  #239  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Auckland
Posts: 97
jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by annbee
hi debborah, just finished checking all our paperwork into a huge jiffy bag, then a box, all labeled up to go by registered post tomorrow to NZ house, so now the waiting game!!!!!!


You best hurry up !!! We are putting on a few pounds with all these UK Recruit BBQ's we keep getting invited too, might end up turning veggie by the time you Lincoln migrants arrive, only joking !!! don't forget me tea bag stash by the way hahahaha any chance of some bensons blackcurrant and liquorice....




Mick & Sherren
jonesey is offline  
Old May 26th 2007, 9:48 pm
  #240  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Hobsonville
Posts: 158
annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by jonesey


You best hurry up !!! We are putting on a few pounds with all these UK Recruit BBQ's we keep getting invited too, might end up turning veggie by the time you Lincoln migrants arrive, only joking !!! don't forget me tea bag stash by the way hahahaha any chance of some bensons blackcurrant and liquorice....




Mick & Sherren
Hi Guys, going shopping this morning, will get some bensons blackcurrant and liquorice, tbag stash is building up, lots of cuppas when we get over there. June next week, then it is only 4 months, dont think that we are bringing Jaspa, leaving him with my mum and dad, we feel he will be better off with them, we feel realy cruel, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind

Ann, Dean, Luc and polxxxx
annbee is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.