Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old May 27th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Looking forward to meeting up with the new arrivals this week and to those packing here we are 8 weeks later with the house looking like a home but dont look to carefully in those boxes under the house or in the shed .

After promising I would do it (sorry Mick) a couple of pics and vid links from a weekend away in one of the defence holiday homes in Ngunguru a cracking time had but it did turn a bit chilly around midnight with that wine flowing through the veins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3INZymiFMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWaBo8BbmY
Attached Thumbnails RNZAF / RAF transfers.-ngunguru-38-.jpg   RNZAF / RAF transfers.-ngunguru-45-.jpg   RNZAF / RAF transfers.-ngunguru-51-.jpg   RNZAF / RAF transfers.-ngunguru-68-.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
ngunguru5.mpg (1.76 MB, 81 views)
Old May 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

How tired am i !!!! i have spent 3 hours cleaning shoes today!!
The house is a complete mess!!! i cannot wait for it to all go !
Andy did a carboot at the weekend and Charity shop got more stuff than it could ever handle!!
Old May 27th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
How tired am i !!!! i have spent 3 hours cleaning shoes today!!
The house is a complete mess!!! i cannot wait for it to all go !
Andy did a carboot at the weekend and Charity shop got more stuff than it could ever handle!!
Hi Debborah, 3 Hours, you must be mad, we are going away tomorrow for a week in a caravan in filey, weather forcast not to good, but never mind it is a week away from Lincoln, which we need at the minute. Happy cleaning and sorting
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future

Hi, how are you getting on?
Well I have the OOS now, didn't make it to the briefing in Portsmouth as my current boss made an impromtu visit to my factory on the same day.

Haven't strated the EOI yet, been a bit tied up with things at home. Another post to follow about that as I need some advice.

Thx
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future

Hi Everyone,

Having finally recieved my OOS from the RNZN after 2 years of haranging the recruitment team out there I have run into another problem.

Last week my 10 week old daughter was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. That explained the last 9 weeks of worry, so although not the greatest news in the world, now she is recieving treatment we have a much happier daughter, hell I even got 7 hours straight sleep the other night!

My issue now is two fold:

1. Will this effect my application for residence? The NZI website contradicts itself, on one page it says it is classed as a burden on the health service and on the other it says it is an exception to the rule???

2. How much support do families recieve from the NZ forces when there spouses are deployed, in suppport I mean activities, social groups etc, as my concern is leaving my wife on her own looking after our daughter while I am at sea.

Finally is there anyone out there who has moved across to the NZ forces with a child with CF or does anyone know anybody in a similar position?

I am going to post this thread in a couple of forums to see if I get a hit so hopefully someone has some advice.
We are looking forward to being able to provide advice in the future rather than constantly asking for it.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Hey, i am sorry to hear about your setback. All the best for your daughters health.x.x.At least its been picked up quickly.x.
Good luck, i have sent you a PM.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dmcewan
Hi Everyone,

Having finally recieved my OOS from the RNZN after 2 years of haranging the recruitment team out there I have run into another problem.

Last week my 10 week old daughter was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. That explained the last 9 weeks of worry, so although not the greatest news in the world, now she is recieving treatment we have a much happier daughter, hell I even got 7 hours straight sleep the other night!

My issue now is two fold:

1. Will this effect my application for residence? The NZI website contradicts itself, on one page it says it is classed as a burden on the health service and on the other it says it is an exception to the rule???

2. How much support do families recieve from the NZ forces when there spouses are deployed, in suppport I mean activities, social groups etc, as my concern is leaving my wife on her own looking after our daughter while I am at sea.

Finally is there anyone out there who has moved across to the NZ forces with a child with CF or does anyone know anybody in a similar position?

I am going to post this thread in a couple of forums to see if I get a hit so hopefully someone has some advice.
We are looking forward to being able to provide advice in the future rather than constantly asking for it.
Hi, sorry to hear about your daughter, i cant really answer any of your questions, we are waiting for our ita to be approved, but huge good luck with everything
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

I got the book "Where to live in Auckland " yesterday and noted the following remarks about Hobsonville:

"There's a great contrast between the duplex dwellings and wire fences that define housing owned by the airforce, and the elegant, brick-and-tile executive houses of West Harbour's finest enclaves.

The extract is also on the net at
http://search4homes.nzherald.co.nz/s...38287&c_id=330

Is it an issue I wonder?

One of the nice things about RAF accomodation and the 'wire fences' was that the wire keeps the kids in and the unwanted out.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by justinthyme
I got the book "Where to live in Auckland " yesterday and noted the following remarks about Hobsonville:

"There's a great contrast between the duplex dwellings and wire fences that define housing owned by the airforce, and the elegant, brick-and-tile executive houses of West Harbour's finest enclaves.

The extract is also on the net at
http://search4homes.nzherald.co.nz/s...38287&c_id=330

Is it an issue I wonder?

One of the nice things about RAF accomodation and the 'wire fences' was that the wire keeps the kids in and the unwanted out.
No issue, there is no boundry fence round the houses just the sections are fenced with wire fencing but all fully fenced and decent sized sections, the private housing in Hobsonville down into West Harbour mostly has brick or high wooden fences for privacy thats all.
Attached Thumbnails RNZAF / RAF transfers.-new-house-002.jpg   RNZAF / RAF transfers.-new-house-001.jpg  

Last edited by rickg37; Jun 9th 2007 at 4:40 am.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hey all!!! Well my container should be out on the bluesea by now Totally stressful week!! We are worn out! I am now onto my next batch of worry!!! which is whats it like when it gets to the other side? How did it all go with MAF for you lot?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

No stress with MAF when they clear the container then identify the boxes they have an interest in (in our case 7 boxes) and vanlines have them written down in the container so segregate them as they are unloading at your place. MAF make an appointment to view either same day or next day depending on your delivery time and you open the nominated boxes in front of them. All they are looking for is dirt it took 15 minutes including a drink and chat for our boxes to be sorted so stress not on that score

You should be more stressed about it being winter here rained all day Sunday so your not going to be able to enjoy those cocktails by the pool at the Spencer just have to put up with sipping them in the bar instead
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rickg37
You should be more stressed about it being winter here rained all day Sunday so your not going to be able to enjoy those cocktails by the pool at the Spencer just have to put up with sipping them in the bar instead
Well it will be no change from NI as it rains here ALL the time!!!
As for sipping cocktails by the bar!!! you havnt met my children!!: devil_smile: yes 4 devils, we get NO peace!!!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Well it will be no change from NI as it rains here ALL the time!!!
As for sipping cocktails by the bar!!! you havnt met my children!!: devil_smile: yes 4 devils, we get NO peace!!!
Dont have to tell us we spent 6 years there

Just thought ways to avoid stress youll probably be frequent flyers but the Air NZ website says you are aloud 1 piece of cabin baggage plus 1 personal bag (handbag, slimline laptop) but at check in we had to fit laptops into existing bags and let a laptop bag travel as hold freight women with handbags were being given the choice that or their carry on plus they are REAL strict on handbaggage size.

Oh and another one dont take fruit from the LA transit lounge and place in a bag and only remember it at passport control here, plenty of warnings but if you pass the warnings quite a large fine and a note in your passport(happened to friends of ours mother)

Only little things to worry about now see and you have a fortnight in a plush hotel to look forward to when you get here

Rick & Tracy
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rickg37
Dont have to tell us we spent 6 years there

Just thought ways to avoid stress youll probably be frequent flyers but the Air NZ website says you are aloud 1 piece of cabin baggage plus 1 personal bag (handbag, slimline laptop) but at check in we had to fit laptops into existing bags and let a laptop bag travel as hold freight women with handbags were being given the choice that or their carry on plus they are REAL strict on handbaggage size.

Rick & Tracy
Is that 1 bag per person? Do chidren get an allowance? Our handluggage bags [we have 2] are the standard handluggage bag size. Then i will have my handbag, hopefully all kids stuff will fit into handbaggage.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Everyone including the kids is entitled to two pieces of hold baggage (up to 23k's when we travelled) via LA plus that one piece of handbaggage so its down to how much you can carry we looked like the tribes of Israel arriving in London with 8 suitcases and 4 bits of handluggage.

Just as another thought down to personal preference we hired a car from Budjet to travel from Tracys parents in Darlington to London we paid about 106 pounds with extra insurance for a mondeo estate picked up at 5 o'clock on saturday to drop of by 5 o'clock sunday in London and this was refunded as travel costs by the RNZAF as part of the claim. The hotel is right off Trafalgar square and the fact we dropped the luggage straight off then booked one of the suggested taxis to the airport made travelling a bit easier. You also get refunded for the airport taxi so better than the tube we used one think he was called Ray and he had a people carrier to take everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.