Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Originally Posted by davros1984
You are probably right, r.e. sour grapes. My above post was to vent some frustration, however its adding fuel to the fire in terms of getting out.

I wish you were correct, most of the properties have been purchased by landlords who are most likely going to be renting them out.

I do think 11pm is late though. Mark - bravo you for stopping around 8pm.
Have to say, I applaud you for your tolerance, and, as well, for taking criticism in your stride. A lot of people would have had a right explosion over what I said - you're about the most level-headed member on here, and sound like someone I would happily have a beer with. Good on ya.

I'm coming to the end of a MASSIVE reno project. The worst I've done is keep going with hammering until dusk, just because I wanted to get a particular section done. No great power tool action at all. The table saw I even keep in the back yard as that's an absolute screamer.

Whilst I'm with you in that I would prefer to see property being done up by owners, to live in. I also don't really see the harm in landlords buying places to do up (a bit) and rent. That's a job. What do people prefer - that they sat on the dole?

And (ducks for cover) I also don't agree with comments I've seen on here yesterday about property speculators who buy up a place, do it up and then sell it for a profit. I do not regard these people as scum. To me that is showing a good work ethic - and reasonably hard work too. Some people will make money. I don't think it's necessarily the lot of those who don't to label them as the bad guy. It's not like they are drug dealers.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearskin
Have to say, I applaud you for your tolerance, and, as well, for taking criticism in your stride. A lot of people would have had a right explosion over what I said - you're about the most level-headed member on here, and sound like someone I would happily have a beer with. Good on ya.
Thank you bearskin. I have strong views, but certainly I will always listen to others opinions on here and give them consideration (2 ears 1 mouth) . Generally up for a beer. I like the fact that you tell it to me straight and have done so in the past (even if it is an opposing view).

With regard to the other comments, r.e. doing something about it - if I were staying in that house or area long-term I probably would have a word. However, at the same time I don't want to create friction with my neighbours, sometimes you do have to just suck it up. We've sucked the noise up for almost a year there, its time to move on.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

11pm to midnight is the common time for people to down the tools round here

As soon as 7am comes, work straight away. The work being done to the office and the Nurse Maude building stops around 10-11pm, the work next door gets stopped between half 7 and 8

Apparently there's a special clause for Christchurch that can be requested and agreed to. It's what enabled the roadworks to take place during night time hours, operating loud machinery until midnight. I don't know what form it is but it can be used for construction/repair work. Since all these are being repaired by *insert suitable words*, then they're not classed as DIY projects. Rebuild projects are different. I haven't found the document that suggests this

I got told this when I had enough of hammering being down at a house our back garden backs onto. The builder informed me because of who he was working for, they do have special permission to continue until 11pm. As soon as 11pm came, the tools were put down for the night. This was every day every week for about 3 weeks. They knew we had a baby but he sleeps through anything. If he can sleep through the classical fireworks, then hammer noises are easy to sleep through.

It's something to do with timeframes
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OMG !

A noise directive WAS issued for Wednesday night This is after the guard clearly stated that he thought the booming acceptable.

The only thing I can think is that he lurked around long enough, in our carport ,to hear me and Mr BEVS having an extremely angry conversation in the adjoining room about his useless self . Probably forced his hand. Supposition on my part .

So, a hefty fine will be issued and retribution will no doubt come my way in some form.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OMG !
So, a hefty fine will be issued and retribution will no doubt come my way in some form.
Fines I can handle but if I was in your shoes I would be serving a long prison sentence assuming there is not the death penalty in NZ
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

OMG !

A noise directive WAS issued for Wednesday night This is after the guard clearly stated that he thought the booming acceptable.

The only thing I can think is that he lurked around long enough, in our carport ,to hear me and Mr BEVS having an extremely angry conversation in the adjoining room about his useless self . Probably forced his hand. Supposition on my part .

Bolt hole in the Far North still available to you guys, fingers crossed you don't need it xxx
Old Feb 16th 2014, 1:50 am
`

When a free or cheap bridge or summat becomes available from South to North Island , then we will be across like a shot.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

When a free or cheap bridge or summat becomes available from South to North Island , then we will be across like a shot.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 1:27 am
`

So. We had been noise free for several months & what a difference it has made to our home lives.

Slight hiccup though last night with the skanky poxy pub banging out racket at 1.30 a.m. & onward , followed by a bout of hooning up & down the village high street.

So. I called the noise line & will await the outcome. In theory it should have been sanctioned and fined but I have my doubts. In any case, I shall chase up about their license which several villagers have also objected to. It may help refocus the pub.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 1:48 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Very glad that its been better for you. hopefully this blip, is just that, a blip
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

so happy for you BEVS! you deserve better
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

So. We had been noise free for several months & what a difference it has made to our home lives.

Slight hiccup though last night with the skanky poxy pub banging out racket at 1.30 a.m. & onward , followed by a bout of hooning up & down the village high street.

So. I called the noise line & will await the outcome. In theory it should have been sanctioned and fined but I have my doubts. In any case, I shall chase up about their license which several villagers have also objected to. It may help refocus the pub.
My heart sinks when a new post comes up on this thread...but hopefully this is just little hiccup and silence will reign once more xx
Old Apr 27th 2014, 12:41 am
`

Ta all.

I've really posted to show that things have improved greatly and so it is worth prevailing.

The thread has been useful and supportive for me when the going has been very tough indeed. It's also been very helpful as an added diary of events when doing the actually council log paperwork.

Now, if we wish to sell then we can do so with clear a conscious. If we wish to stay, then we are free to enjoy our home and our other good neighbours around us.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 1:48 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Very glad that you now feel positive about your home..... but really this should be aright at all times to have peace in your own place.

What about the shitty neighbours? how have they been?
Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:30 am
`

$750 fine from the council seems to have stunned them into a silence.

They tried to drum up support to not pay this fine from some of the neighbours, including the new ones in the new house at the bottom of our section, which was met with a disinclination to help with that.

The new house and neighbours had already had an issue with that lot when the sheep got out to eat new tree saplings and stomp on the newly sprouting grass. She and daughter were drunk that evening and sat on a fence to watch. New neighbour was understandably very cross.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.