Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Oct 20th 2015, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

My sympathies BEVS
Old Nov 9th 2015, 6:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sigh. Sigh . Sigh.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

My heart sinks every time I see this come up. I'm so sorry Bevs, was it an all night noise fest again?

You've mentioned previously that there's a lot of new build going on around you, would it be possible to cut your losses and move away from the anti-social property? I know that's not always possible, this exact same issue is the major cause for our moving delay.

Can you sue the local authorities for loss of value or blight on the property if they don't enforce the regulations? Does Legal Aid exist in NZ?
Old Nov 21st 2015, 9:51 am
`

That would be four nights in a row now.

It is banging out there and where are those that should act. Oh yeh. Probably in their own beds asleep a few moments from here.

So. Feel safe ?
A better life ?
Nicer people?

Give me a flamin' break.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 10:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooooooo, I really don't know how you and Mr BEVS cope, I really don't. When we had a problem with our neighbours in the UK back in the late 80's, early 90's I swung between suicidal and murderous!

I think I would have to move for the sake of my own mental health, you are very obviously made of stronger stuff than me. I do feel for you.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 8:28 am
`

*sigh*

Guess what. The council are on to it.

Not.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 10:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of foul/fowl language. I despair for you both x
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 3:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It ain't going to end until you up sticks and find a place surrounded by old agers.

I feel for you. You paid good money for your place and should have the right to live a comfortable life there. By now I would have torched the place one night after closing and the property was devoid of two legged specimens.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:08 pm
`

Some of these are old agers Rete. There are some young'uns but in the main this comes from adults..... and selfish fools.

Originally Posted by Rete
It ain't going to end until you up sticks and find a place surrounded by old agers.
Yup. Yup. Working on that one.

What makes me spit more is the cowardly neighbour that phoned us about the noise level. He clearly didn't want to phone the council noise line himself but wanted us to act.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 7:25 am
`

Well hey.

I'd like to say this was solved but it is not.

So. Poo neighbours. Well the council think had changed hands but it has not . Useless lummux. So not so good but better.

Pub . Crap Sprig and Fern.

So we phone them in good faith and what do we get.

Are you enjoying the music?

Pile of crud or what.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear of your issues BEVS

Had a minor run in with my neighbor over mowing the lawns recently. We have a bit out the front where there is no boundary marker and it's not clear who's patch is who's. So rather than have a sensible conversation the lady erupts whilst i'm mowing saying the previous people in out house used to take turns with them to do the whole patch. I said that's fine, but how am i supposed to know what the mowing protocol is? I kept the peace and said you could have just said on one of the previous occasions when we've met in the street. She cooled it down, but they're in my bad books now for the attitude problem.

She's a bit scary with tattoos so i had to bite my lip. I just want to keep the peace until one day we are rich enough to be in Welly City or at least a nice part of Porirua. Kapiti has a lot of bogans. Hurry up and build the highway and hopefully my house price goes up so i can leave!

On the other side we have a family with 3 kids who bounce a basketball out on the street for ages which is bloody annoying. They were playing on our drive once so i went out and told them off. But apparently is some Kiwi thing to play on people's property according to some Kiwi colleagues of mine
Old Jan 11th 2016, 2:35 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Ow Bev, that's so shitty.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

We drove past there at new years and I thought about your plight. You are obviously far more grown up than me, as I'd have stolen a bulldozer by now and driven through the place.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 9:00 am
`

...weary....

and tonight.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 10:07 pm
`

Our Wednesday late night. Husband had to get up at 5.30am this morning.

Apparently this only proves there was a late night party.Not that the noise was excessive. It would also seem it might be the wrong sort of noise , there being no bass thump.

TDCouncil EH dept is awaiting the noise report sheet from the 3nrd party contractor who , despite two calls made, did not arrive to our house.

Two mins of recording on a snappy wee canon powershot not designed for recording sound as such. You get the full benefit of our inhouse lullaby from next door at 1.25mins in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.