Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

So, Perhaps an update.

Quite a few are affected but are very scared. Astonishing to me but there it is.

It is not just about the pub but also the neighboring property. One feeds the other.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:06 am
`

Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Listening, understanding and sympathising hugely. I can imagine just how stressful it is, not just the nights where it all kicks off but all the others where you can't relax for fear it's going to

..and after this evening bullyblogs and threatening , I would like to resurrect this.

Just to be able to vent and have someone , somewhere listen means a huge lot.

We can't just move. It is never as simple as that is it.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
..and after this evening bullyblogs and threatening , I would like to resurrect this.

Just to be able to vent and have someone , somewhere listen means a huge lot.

We can't just move. It is never as simple as that is it.
You rant and vent my dear, you certainly earn the right with the amount you help the rest of us.
Like many others I wish there was something we could do to help. Feeling trapped in your own home is just horrible. Thinking of you xxxx
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it's high time this place accidentally caught fire which so often happens near me with electrical equipment in places full of strong alcohol
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:43 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Bevs.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Thinking of you Bevs.
+1
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
You rant and vent my dear, you certainly earn the right with the amount you help the rest of us.
Like many others I wish there was something we could do to help. Feeling trapped in your own home is just horrible. Thinking of you xxxx
+1
Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Thinking of you Bevs.
+1
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I think this says it all. Hoping that one day I'll open this thread to find some good news.
x
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Mapua was a posh, nice area?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:44 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I think this says it all. Hoping that one day I'll open this thread to find some good news.
x
Me too..... When I win big on the lotto, I'm buying the pub and turfing out the scum.

I do wish that this would end, it's torture!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 1:29 am
`

So. Where are now with this old issue.

We objected to the poxy pub's license when it came up for renewal. Luckily there was another couple willing to also object. So, it goes up before a district judge at some point .What will probably happen is that the licensing hours will be reduced to say 8 a.m. to midnight. Of course, this doesn't stop any noise issue but if the license was reviewable every 6 to 12 months then that could act as a potential deterrant. Liquor license renewals are every 3 years here . We missed our chance last time as the renewal notice date was adjusted and the notices not..... 'visible' shall we say. This time we were onto it and notified by the council.
So the pub hasn't been too bad. A couple of nights but they know their license is in question.

Next door - Nightmare.

There have been two seizures in the past few months which obviously did not go down well with them. They like their all nighters. Typically ending around 5 a.m.
I've been barracked, threatened verbally and with a rather snarly dog & wished dead .
There have been fun and games with various animals appearing and then having to be removed. Cockerels, pig, sheep.
Then there was the day a policeman arrived on my doorstep to serve me with a trespass notice for next door. I've never ever been on the property nor likely to do so.. All part of an attempt at intimidation

We've had meetings with the community police 3 times in the past few months and a further meeting with the council .

So. Christmas night into Boxing Day . Awake until 2 a.m. listening to gibberish.

28th - until 2 a.m. again as a knock on from a dub drum and bass night at the village hall.

Last night. Quite bad . A 3.30 am finish.

We're looking for a quiet New Years Eve

I am joking of course.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
So. Where are now with this old issue.

We objected to the poxy pub's license when it came up for renewal. Luckily there was another couple willing to also object. So, it goes up before a district judge at some point .What will probably happen is that the licensing hours will be reduced to say 8 a.m. to midnight. Of course, this doesn't stop any noise issue but if the license was reviewable every 6 to 12 months then that could act as a potential deterrant. Liquor license renewals are every 3 years here . We missed our chance last time as the renewal notice date was adjusted and the notices not..... 'visible' shall we say. This time we were onto it and notified by the council.
So the pub hasn't been too bad. A couple of nights but they know their license is in question.

Next door - Nightmare.

There have been two seizures in the past few months which obviously did not go down well with them. They like their all nighters. Typically ending around 5 a.m.
I've been barracked, threatened verbally and with a rather snarly dog & wished dead .
There have been fun and games with various animals appearing and then having to be removed. Cockerels, pig, sheep.
Then there was the day a policeman arrived on my doorstep to serve me with a trespass notice for next door. I've never ever been on the property nor likely to do so.. All part of an attempt at intimidation

We've had meetings with the community police 3 times in the past few months and a further meeting with the council .

So. Christmas night into Boxing Day . Awake until 2 a.m. listening to gibberish.

28th - until 2 a.m. again as a knock on from a dub drum and bass night at the village hall.

Last night. Quite bad . A 3.30 am finish.

We're looking for a quiet New Years Eve

I am joking of course.

Oh Bevs. That is a crap situation. Absolute ar$eholes next door!! I do hope there is some form of resolution asap. Complete w@nkers. May karma do its deed in the very near future.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts are with you both. Come for a holiday up here, can be a bit noisy round here but nowhere near your problems. You're always welcome
Old Dec 30th 2013, 5:23 am
`

Originally Posted by marblep
Oh Bevs. That is a crap situation. Absolute ar$eholes next door!! I do hope there is some form of resolution asap. Complete w@nkers. May karma do its deed in the very near future.
Wonkers ! you mean of course Makes them sound like nasty little imps and goblins.

Five years and counting now . I think I'm a bit mentals in that every day is a new day really and I am eternally hopeful that the day will be all good. That we will prevail. Also, I can't be bothered to hold it to me , if you know what I mean. I deal with it at the time and move on. Stuff it and them.

Mr BEVS isn't like that. He has been in some very, very Black Dog places, however bouncing 2 old cricket balls off their tin roof at 4 a.m. this morning gladdened my heart as it shows he is awakening from the black pit of despair.

Of course, I could do no such thing, I have a trespass order against me for no reason , after all & whilst I had a fractured ankle..... I'm soooo scary

Did I mention that whilst clearing back overgrowth & rotting netting between 1/3rd of the joint boundary between us & next door so we could have a colour steel fence put up , an oiky son abused my husband who happened to have a chainsaw in his hand at the time. He was cutting down a small tree on our side to allow for...well.... fence and posts..also on our side. Much foul mouthed abuse, c words and questioning manhood, and Mr BEVS got quite stirred ( this is very good. Black hole is not)

I had to step between said foul mouthed oik and Mr BEVS and his chainsaw in case limbs which did not belong to the tree were lost.

I think my outlet for all of this is here. . I can write it out. There is very little *audible* support locally. They are all like hermit crabs, heads in sand, & I have given the various reasons for why in previous posts to this interminable topic of mine

Also, I can't fail to see the madness. I mean what sort of people try to get up someones nose with late night singing to a pig !

It is just so juvenile & sad to be playing a bass guitar, karaoke - drunk and stoned - full bore at night . I mean really . What? These are parents with children who are already suffering problems via exclusion from school (s) for a variety of anti-social reasons not of their making and more.

Honestly, you couldn't write a book.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 5:29 am
`

Thoughts are with you both. Come for a holiday up here, can be a bit noisy round here but nowhere near your problems. You're always welcome
Fi. and everyone else.

Maybe next year ? We'd have to save and plan.

This year we are looking after some other homes whose owners are away for the hols period. Also we have a baby bourke to watch for and we agreed to look after someone's very young ducklings after a mishap. So, it' fine . We soldier on.

As , I think, Charismatic may have said. One day it will change and we wil change it. Meanwhile we have little choice but to hunker down .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.