Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old May 11th 2013, 5:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: So embarassed about where we live. Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

..and to release pressure as I am so very near crossing the boundary to wreak the place - yay - the pond life is still at it.
Old May 11th 2013, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So embarassed about where we live. Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Originally Posted by BEVS
..and to release pressure as I am so very near crossing the boundary to wreak the place - yay - the pond life is still at it.
Did Noise Control ever turn up?
Old May 11th 2013, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

AndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

OMG. Have only just seen this thread and notice it started in 2009.
You have my sympathies, I cannot believe this still continuing. We endured a year of noisy neighbours a long time ago in Leighton Buzzard. Drove me to the edge, then they moved out and a lovely couple moved in.
I keep my fingers crossed for you, I'm very sensitive to noise where as the wife sleeps through anything.
As for comments about wallowing in the misery. FFS!
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:52 am
`

I don't mind if someone thinks it is a wallow. That is up to them. I use this simply to vent and to stop myself doing something physical.

So. Tonight . Bedtime

AArrgghhh !!!!!!!!

We have to get up at around 6.30. Obvioulsy they don't have to get up at all in the morning.

It is so ............crap. All they have to do is move themselves inside the property and close their doors and windows.

But nope.
Old May 24th 2013, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Find where the 11kV comes into the village and throw a short chain across the phases....it'll knock out the rest of the village but you should get a few hours kip before the power co comes out and resets it.

Disclaimer - I am not advocating that the OP should do this as it would be dangerous and would be a criminal act, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to switch scum like this off when they don't give a sh*t!
Old May 24th 2013, 4:29 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Find where the 11kV comes into the village and throw a short chain across the phases....it'll knock out the rest of the village but you should get a few hours kip before the power co comes out and resets it.

Disclaimer - I am not advocating that the OP should do this as it would be dangerous and would be a criminal act, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to switch scum like this off when they don't give a sh*t!
I love you
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:08 pm
`

Originally Posted by Woodlea

Yis !

So. Woopidoo. A new Thursday morning wake up call routine. It is 2a.m. !

Will it get 'sorted' ? Waiting to hear.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yis !

Bevs, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you ever feel the need to get away for a bit you know we have the room for you guys. We are very quiet and boring around here. Just say the word and I'll make up the spare bed
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

All the best BEVS, hope this gets sorted, it's been going on far too long now
Following on from Dorothy's offer, you are always welcome at mine...it is very quiet here
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

I've not been on the expats for a while and I was trawling through and wondered if this thread was still going and it is..........I feel for you BEV's, when I wrote (in 2010) I said that i'd had trouble with noise and then it went quite, it was all ok till last year when it went to hell in a handcart, we've ended up moving, it wasn't partying noise that drove us out, just a family who didn't seem to care what amount of noise they made from early morning and a noisy dog that was left out all the time, couldn't hack it anymore.......... I don't know how you cope.

Tina

p.s. Found out they were gutted when we sold as they thought we were very good quite neighbours
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:22 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs - what's the name of this place? I'd be reviewing them on all the web sites, Yelp, trip advisor etc and saying how crappy they are. It may not do much, but it will mean that they feel a little bit of pain....
Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:20 am
`

This latest round was from next door neighbours not the scummy pub. Although they are all part of the same crowd.

I last wrote this........
Something did actually did happen that night , although we didn't know this until the following afternoon.

We had called the noise line as per usual and the bloke actually bit the bullet and confiscated the equipment from the tenant in the sleep-out.

How did we find this out?

Well. Said next door neighbour, a rather enormous hefty female, who part owns the property with the rest of the family came to call that afternoon. Not to apologise for the years of anti-social behaviour. No. To try to intimidate & browbeat. Apparently I needed to change my attitude and have sympathy for the lout that lost his equipment
Fine. Carry on all you like missus , it will change nothing.

However when a couple of youths started to to climb over the boundary line fence , making with extreme verbal abuse, I deemed it time to call the police - which I did.

They legged it & the police went and had a ...chat. It seems the family & 'associates' are more than known to them.

Anyway, it has been all quiet from then on in. Mind you it is winter. Will wait to see what Spring and Summer brings.

I have started to decorate. They place looks a bit tired around the edges. So, if we stay, we have decor more to our liking. If we go, then the place will look fresh.

Trixie - that is a good idea about trip advisor & the scummy pub.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bevs I replied to your Spain post before reading this, sorry it is still ongoing.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:46 pm
`

I so wish I'd not written anything. I've put the mockers on the quiet period.

So. 3. 40 a.m. in the morning and still it thumps on.

SIgh

Wrinkles and eye bags tomorrow then.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 4:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I so wish I'd not written anything. I've put the mockers on the quiet period.

So. 3. 40 a.m. in the morning and still it thumps on.

SIgh

Wrinkles and eye bags tomorrow then.
That sucks. Did they go out and buy new equipment then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.