Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One thing.....just one

One thing.....just one

Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:46 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One thing.....just one

Originally Posted by McGowans
This is one thing that has concerned us and we've asked about it before as OH is severeley allergic to bites and that's just in the UK.

The B1 makes the body emit a smell, don't ask me how, OH found it worked some years ago, but his breath wasn't pleasant!
yes, its not a joke - the B vitamins do work for some people......MrsL for instance - for me I am part insect as the bites of midges don't pain me like many folks but I do react to mossies at times - told that you gain some immunity over in NZ and the second year is not so bad - really hope so as it was rather itchy last time out!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One thing.....just one

I dont react to the mozzie bites here very much, but with Sandfly bites sometimes it can be that bad that it can stop me from sleeping! Ive had massive bruises and lumps come up from Sandfly bites and I'm pretty good at not scratching them. We have a can of Tropical Strength Aerogard at the front door so we remember to spray arms and legs before we go out.... its not working too bad at the moment. We have been outside all weekend and not one bite between us.

Our local beaches are bad for Sandfly bites and it always seems worst when the tide is on its way out.