The KIWI BAR

Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:28 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

B she loved the snow (apart from it stopping her trip to Scotland). I guess she enjoyed the novelty of getting so cold outside but having a toasty warm house, heated by proper central heating, to go back into

Now, today I need a BIG been out with the kids trying to get new school shoes
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK Slug me a bucket and 4 straws to look petite with

I just feel the need.

Do you have WP's around you WP ? We have some close to us at Ruby Bay. Sometimes they come to the tree around our property

I love birds.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:15 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OK Slug me a bucket and 4 straws to look petite with

I just feel the need.

Do you have WP's around you WP ? We have some close to us at Ruby Bay. Sometimes they come to the tree around our property

I love birds.
Why would whinging poms hang around your tree?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:23 am

We have so many kereru around us that I find it hard to believe that they are on the watch list for low numbers! They have an amazing 'flight' pattern when they catch the wind and swoop down riding it, look like a toy that someone has thrown up or a kite.

Our property fronts native bush so we get a wide variety of native birds (and introduced) in and around the garden. I keep meaning to get a book to identify them, but still haven't got round to it after 8 years (give or take a day or 5 ). We have a wonderful large hawk that does the slow fly past looking for small mammals; I'd love to know what it is.

Tuis, bellbirds, fantails, waxeyes are a very common sight to us. I love to watch the fantails best, they dart around so acrobatically , but I love the bellbird's song

Have attached a poor photo of a kereru I took in the bush a couple of months ago.
Attached Thumbnails The KIWI BAR-img_0104.jpg  
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:54 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Bit early for me & working later but will line up a few for you guys & join you later

beautiful morning here .....the birds are singing their little hearts out one of the big things I noticed when we came back ....the blackbirds singing. As much as I loved the song of the tui & bellbirds and watching the little fantails that used to fly into the house, the garden birds here are 'special'

See you later B x
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by MnB

beautiful morning here .....the birds are singing their little hearts out one of the big things I noticed when we came back ....the blackbirds singing. As much as I loved the song of the tui & bellbirds and watching the little fantails that used to fly into the house, the garden birds here are 'special'
Abso-bloody-lutely spot on B Every so often we catch the blackbird's song here, and when that happens I am immediately transported back to warm summer evenings in the garden at home

The other one that I really miss (apart from the woodpigeon, obviously ) is the robin I miss having one keep me company whilst I'm weeding the garden......

And whilst we're on the subject I miss driving down country roads in springtime and seeing the banks full of yellow primroses. I've tried growing them (well polyanthus really) and snowdrops here, but they aren't very successful and don't quite look the same somehow

Right, now that I've been set off down memory lane I'm off to see if I can get a cheap flight back to the UK for March/April
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:49 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon

Right, now that I've been set off down memory lane I'm off to see if I can get a cheap flight back to the UK for March/April
The spring bulbs are on their way! Missed them last year so looking forward to seeing them soon! be brill for you to get a trip home
Our garden has been a very busy bird (& fieldmouse & frog & hedgehog & I suspect rat ) feeding station this winter ......Feildfares, Redwing, Gold & Green finches, Blue tits, Black caps all kind of sparrows, & of course Thrushes, Blackbirds & the lovely Robin to name but a few......Think the rats have got into the loft though....not so good!!
Anyway.....will have a bottle in the fridge (Somerset cider??) so keep us updated!till then have a virtual one .....off on an easyjet cheap flight end of March so pm me when you've booked
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday to me
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Happy birthday to me
Happy, happy birthday

Bit early for me, but I'm sure you can manage to get through these

I'll just finish munching on my freshly baked croisant and slurpping my tea
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:41 pm
MnB

Happy birthday to me
Happy Birthday!!......you kept that quiet
Hope you've had a good day?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Happy Birthday!!......you kept that quiet
Hope you've had a good day?
Thank you B, good and bad day, the school Visitors have gone but the evil twisted ex and his family are out to cause BIG trouble never rains but it pours eh????
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Happy, happy birthday

Bit early for me, but I'm sure you can manage to get through these

I'll just finish munching on my freshly baked croisant and slurpping my tea
OOOOH did you make them yourself? Thank you for the dwinkies!!! x
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Big trouble ? What sort of big trouble .

Anyway. Here's to you Fi. Bottoms Up. Chin-Chin. Down the 'atch.

Hope you have a lovely birthday and your family spoil you a little.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big trouble ? What sort of big trouble .

:
PM in your box hun x
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:18 pm
MnB

Thank you B, good and bad day, the school Visitors have gone but the evil twisted ex and his family are out to cause BIG trouble never rains but it pours eh????
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.