British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The KIWI BAR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/kiwi-bar-392584/)

geordie mandy Aug 24th 2006 9:23 pm

The KIWI BAR

Hi guys just noticed you didn't have a bar, the barbie has one and so does the maple leaf .

A lot of people find them great just for general chit chat as well as having a drink or two :beer: .
having had a quick flick through the NZ forum i thought maybe Danny f would be make a good host/ bar man
Any way the bar is stocked and ready to go have fun
Mandy :beer: :D

StevieB Aug 24th 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hi guys just noticed you didn't have a bar, the barbie has one and so does the maple leaf .

A lot of people find them great just for general chit chat as well as having a drink or two :beer: .
having had a quick flick through the NZ forum i thought maybe Danny f would be make a good host/ bar man
Any way the bar is stocked and ready to go have fun
Mandy :beer: :D

Bugger it's quiet tonight. Nice place though, very attractive pseudo 80's punk decor. Can I get a pint of Carlsberg please?

geordie mandy Aug 24th 2006 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB
Bugger it's quiet tonight. Nice place though, very attractive pseudo 80's punk decor. Can I get a pint of Carlsberg please?

Coming up :beer:

Just need a few more bods and you will have to fight for seats
Mandy

Jac&Adie Aug 24th 2006 9:35 pm

give it time laddy, its early yet. I'll have scotch please barman.

karonious Aug 24th 2006 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie

Gracious, it's dim in here, should suit me very well. Evening Adie, Mandy - Steven if you're here and I'm here, who is watching the girl?

geordie mandy Aug 24th 2006 9:37 pm

i shall leave you the bottle and a glass help yourself :beer:
I need to serve in the barbie bar :D
i shall pop in from time to time have fun
Mandy

StevieB Aug 24th 2006 9:37 pm

Coming up :beer:

Just need a few more bods and you will have to fight for seats
Mandy

So, you just standing in or are you the new barmaid? My wife doesn't understand me you know..shit, I don't know if she's logged in..hang on...bugger she is! Hello dear! :o

The girl's next door three word storying!! :D

Am Loolah Aug 24th 2006 9:38 pm

Do what I've done, I've smuggled in my own white wine in a washed out water bottle in my humbug (yes, I did mean to spell it like that) am now sat in dark corner (hides the bags under your eyes) drinking for free, perusing the clientele! Ewwww?!

karonious Aug 24th 2006 9:38 pm

So, you just standing in or are you the new barmaid? My wife doesn't understand me you know..shit, I don't know if she's logged in..hang on...bugger she is! Hello dear! :o

Ah, doesn't this take you back - I'll have 21 pints of lager please Steven.

geordie mandy Aug 24th 2006 9:39 pm

just standing in for now, i help run the bar in the barbie :D
Mandy

Jac&Adie Aug 24th 2006 9:39 pm

i shall leave you the bottle and a glass help yourself :beer:
I need to serve in the barbie bar :D
i shall pop in from time to time have fun
Mandy

I like the sound of this place :beer: , just don't tell the wife

StevieB Aug 24th 2006 9:42 pm

I like the sound of this place :beer: , just don't tell the wife

21 pintos it is my love. Surprised the Big D hasn't been in for a swift one yet. Can't see him staying on the serving side of the bar though!

karonious Aug 24th 2006 9:43 pm

21 pintos it is my love. Surprised the Big D hasn't been in for a swift one yet. Can't see him staying on the serving side of the bar though!

(wiping foam moustache on sleeve) Right, Off to work, see you later

Am Loolah Aug 24th 2006 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by karonious
(wiping foam moustache on sleeve) Right, Off to work, see you later

Tony Blair & David Blunkett walked into the bar a minute ago. Loads of people kept walking up to David Blunketts' dog and lifting it's tail up, having a look and walking away again. After several people had done this, Tony Blair walked up to the bar and said to Mandy;
"Why do people keep walking up to our table, lifting the dog's tail to have a look and then walking away again?"

Mandy replied;

"They'd been told there was a dog in here with two arseholes."

Boom, boom!!!

StevieB Aug 24th 2006 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Tony Blair & David Blunkett walked into the bar a minute ago. Loads of people kept walking up to David Blunketts' dog and lifting it's tail up, having a look and walking away again. After several people had done this, Tony Blair walked up to the bar and said to Mandy;
"Why do people keep walking up to our table, lifting the dog's tail to have a look and then walking away again?"

Mandy replied;

"They'd been told there was a dog in here with two arseholes."

Boom, boom!!!

LOL :D but thash mebbe cosh i've bin heeer so long....hic!