Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

how to speak new zulander

how to speak new zulander

Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:38 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to speak new zulander

Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mumomonty
My OH likes it when they ask if they can sit on his 'dick'.
I'm sure my hubby would do a double take if he was asked this question too...but he'd love the thought of it!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lplate kiwis x4
My sons teacher asked us if he had problems with his hearing as when she spoke to him he just looked at her blankly. She hadn't considered that the poor boy just couldnt understand a word of her New Zealand accent!
My daughter is the same she comes home saying I'm supposed to be doing something but I haven't got a clue what! and some of the songs they sing in school she says I can't sing it mum it's got naughty words in, the pronunciation of wh being f!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
My daughter is the same she comes home saying I'm supposed to be doing something but I haven't got a clue what! and some of the songs they sing in school she says I can't sing it mum it's got naughty words in, the pronunciation of wh being f!
Apparently if you 'get' the kids' accents and pronunciations before they're 8, you'll be OK... and apparently this starts at the age of 5. My littl'un is nearly 5 1/2... she still says "wor-ter" instead of "wah-derrr" (US pronunciation). I'm so proud!