Reload this Page >

we need some help, please!!

we need some help, please!!

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:17 pm
the haywards

samandjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we need some help, please!!

Hi to all,

Have been watching for a while, but things are getting serious now and we really need some advice from people in the know!

Myself, OH and 2 kids are hoping to move to NZ this year. We've never been but have been seduced and lured by the opinions of almost everybody who has been there and love the sound of the active outdoors lifestyle for us all.

OH is an electrician with 20 years experience in UK and has all relevant UK qualifications. Does anybody out there have any ideas on how to find out how to register to work as an electrician in NZ? We've been told that there is an extra exam that he will have to take. Apparently this can happen before leaving the UK. OH will never get a job offer until he has taken this exam and registered, but we have no idea where to go to find out about it.

Please can you give us some advice?

Best Regards

Sam
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: we need some help, please!!

Hi Sam,

Welcome, try this...www.ewrb.govt.nz. Hope this helps

Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:47 pm
the haywards

samandjustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for the tip, but am now really confused as it seems that OH will have to undertake period of training in nz. We will have to look into this, but feel we're on the right track.

Thanks, Sam
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:08 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by samandjustin
Hi to all,

Have been watching for a while, but things are getting serious now and we really need some advice from people in the know!

Myself, OH and 2 kids are hoping to move to NZ this year. We've never been but have been seduced and lured by the opinions of almost everybody who has been there and love the sound of the active outdoors lifestyle for us all.

OH is an electrician with 20 years experience in UK and has all relevant UK qualifications. Does anybody out there have any ideas on how to find out how to register to work as an electrician in NZ? We've been told that there is an extra exam that he will have to take. Apparently this can happen before leaving the UK. OH will never get a job offer until he has taken this exam and registered, but we have no idea where to go to find out about it.

Please can you give us some advice?

Best Regards

Sam
Hi there,

Not sure where you are if this can work but a lot of immigration consultants will offer the first sitting free, careful not to sign up to expensive promises. You may get more info that way.

Have you tried the NZIS site here ? I think they had a Q & A section, been a while since we were on there – relief !

I know an electrician whose missus is from UK if you get stuck let me know & I’ll see what I can do .

Cheers & good luck ………