Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

Originally Posted by Browner_

Oh and by the way, I got a speeding ticket for doing 116kph Tremendous.
Em..... there's nowhere in this country with a speed LIMIT more than 100km - and there's a 10k leeway. You were doing 16k over the limit - what did you expect?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Care to introduce yourself?

Where is this 4 lane dual carriageway anyhow.

Not that I don't agree with the views on NZ driving standards 'n all but to just plough straight on in without so much as a Hi and Bye is a bit on the unusual side shall we say. Had a few of those of late. HHmm .

Welcome to BE and hope you find the time to post all sorts of help, advice and support to the site.
Unusual - why? this is an internet messageboard, not a dinner party.
I am a Pom who is a permanently resident in NZ and has been for 5 years.

SH1 in Wellington was the road. Oh for a motorcycle cop when the boy racers are out in force.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Em..... there's nowhere in this country with a speed LIMIT more than 100km - and there's a 10k leeway. You were doing 16k over the limit - what did you expect?
I expect I was going too fast, but I was driving safely, not like the idiots I witness every day, even in my own cul-de-sac. 116kph is about 73mph, hardly a frightening speed on a straight empty dual carriageway.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:30 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't get out much do you?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:39 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

SH1 in Wellington was the road. Oh for a motorcycle cop when the boy racers are out in force.
Yes, but you haven't been to one of the BE members dinner parties

Have you even had a virtual drink at the vitual BE Kiwi bar

Try it sometime, it is serious adventure, you know the kinda stuff only New Zealand can offer
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:45 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
Judging by the amount of time you spend on here if you do get out you must behind a laptop screen
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:51 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

oooooo wellington?
then you MUST come to one of my soirees some time.
are you one of the wellY masseev or P Possee?
we have t shirts and everyfink.

(please read with tongue firmly in cheek)
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Campbells
What beats me is I see plenty of these cars with thudding music way beyond SAFETY noise levels , with small children in the back.

But hell, if I smack me lad for being naughty I’ll be off to jail.

Crazy
You sitting down dude? I agree with you on this one.

I took little one to ballet a few weeks back and i heard this gradual thud thud thud getting closer, till it pulled up alongside me in the car park. We were about 15 minutes early for the class, but there he sat playing this really loud music, and his little daughter was sat on the back seat all this time. I really felt for her. The bass was rattling my car let alone what it was doing to her ears.

And YES - that case of the guy 'flicking' his son's ear to correct him for something he did to his sibling. Arrested on the spot by an off duty copper wasnt he? Barmey.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:01 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by dreamfish
oooooo wellington?

Is that a virtual tongue in a virtual cheek?

Oh to be a welly geek {with a hedgehog}
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nerine
What the hell are you talking about?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

oooooo wellington?

Mongrel Mob, Porirua mate
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by pascalr
Is that a virtual tongue in a virtual cheek?

Oh to be a welly geek {with a hedgehog}
wouldnt you like to come join us for a wine and cheese evening pascal? we are a very refined bunch. {with a hedgehog}
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:07 am

Mongrel Mob, Porirua mate
HAHAHAHAHA yeh ok
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:07 am
Banned

I took little one to ballet a few weeks back and i heard this gradual thud thud thud getting closer, till it pulled up alongside me in the car park. We were about 15 minutes early for the class, but there he sat playing this really loud music, and his little daughter was sat on the back seat all this time. I really felt for her. The bass was rattling my car let alone what it was doing to her ears.

And YES - that case of the guy 'flicking' his son's ear to correct him for something he did to his sibling. Arrested on the spot by an off duty copper wasnt he? Barmey.
Hey DF,

I fell over

Just wait till you’ve been in NZ a bit longer and you have used up all your genie wishes

You may have to sign off BE and sign back on again under a new nick…..

Snapper & $2 chips maybe

PS: The same dude ruining his babies ears will go home and put his ear protectors (Muffs) on to cut the grass.

See ya on the flip-side

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 17th 2008 at 9:09 am.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Probably get promoted if Helen From Uncle hears of that