Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:05 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

What has to happen in this country before somebody will do something ?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10496227

There is a very serious HOON problem, bad road attitude and high rate of drinking and driving amounts the youth here.

There is a serious need for something to be done.

It is not sweet as
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOW MUCH MORE BEFORE ACTION

It does seem to be a daily occurence doesn't it? With some shocking idiots out there:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4411653a23918.html

Someone will die if Hutt Valley boy racers do not change their high-octane ways, police say.

Almost one in eight cars stopped by police in a five-hour blitz across Lower Hutt on Thursday night was ticketed for some sort of offence.
please see above link for entire article.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 5th 2008 at 9:14 am. Reason: Rule 7 Copyright
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

This one really got to me, mental case, drunk in charge of a car with three kids. One a three week old baby and a two year old, none of which were restrained.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4403065a11.html

She got three months.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:49 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

What beats me is I see plenty of these cars with thudding music way beyond SAFETY noise levels , with small children in the back.

The same dumb asses get out their lawnmower and put their ear protectors on

It just don’t add up

But is really sad for the wee ones that are no doubt going to have ear damage

But hell, if I smack me lad for being naughty I’ll be off to jail.

Crazy
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:02 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here but this stuff also happens in other countries.

We hear about celebrities being drunk in charge of a vehicle in the Hollywood

Boy racers / Hoons in Brighton, England

All I can suggest is if you don't think the government is doing there job than don't vote for them in the next election.

There are many shocking cases in which ever country you want to read about. Sadly not much can be done about this as it will continue to happen not matter what laws are put in place.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:11 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact your Member of Parliament and express your concerns.

Have a look at this organisation: www.safe-nz.org.nz/info.htm because you're not alone in your concerns.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here but this stuff also happens in other countries.

We hear about celebrities being drunk in charge of a vehicle in the Hollywood

Boy racers / Hoons in Brighton, England

All I can suggest is if you don't think the government is doing there job than don't vote for them in the next election.

There are many shocking cases in which ever country you want to read about. Sadly not much can be done about this as it will continue to happen not matter what laws are put in place.

Good suggestion and makes me feel better already

I guess there is nothing than can be done then

Just accept it

I guess the New Zealand roads are the same as the UK roads

Anybody like to discuss teabags or cornflake brands

Funny, that is the reply I would expect if I approached someone in the government.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:28 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells

There is a very serious HOON problem, bad road attitude and high rate of drinking and driving amounts the youth here.

It is not sweet as
You are obviously a person with great drive and determination - well done you!
You are consistent in your approach in trying to make people aware of the problems here - always a good thing.
I can only suggest that you follow up the links given to you and try to push for change where your opinion may make a difference.
Good luck
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by karonious
You are obviously a person with great drive and determination - well done you!
You are consistent in your approach in trying to make people aware of the problems here - always a good thing.
I can only suggest that you follow up the links given to you and try to push for change where your opinion may make a difference.
Good luck
Hey mod,

I think it is a good thing also, thank you.

It is great that we can discuss these issues on a forum like this and find out how many other people think there are problems and take the matters up with the links they provide.

Although I may have great drive and determination I am also not stupid

That is

If it is only me taking up such matters they will be shrugged off as “it is just you that thinks there is a problem”

Right?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:18 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

No, that's not always the case. I 'registered a concern' about our bus route on Monday evening after 3 'full to the rafters' buses passed me by :curse: The manager I spoke to at the bus company was really helpful and had implemented changes by the following evening to ensure that people at the end of the line (which I am) would not have this problem anymore - and he sent me an email to tell me he'd done it.

It depends on the will to change and it really is down to each individual, both those with the problem and those with the power to fix it. If all you do is moan in general, nothing ever gets fixed - if you do register your concern (I never use the word complain - it gets you nowhere) you at least feel better for having done it. And you never know......
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:42 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to "register my concerns" quite a bit , usually something did get done. Often I found that something was already being done
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
I used to "register my concerns" quite a bit , usually something did get done. Often I found that something was already being done
Nah, not in this case. Not saying that it might not have happened later in the week if this shambles had continued but it did accelerate the solution.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells

It is not sweet as
Then what needs to be done? There is a train of thought that says we are all very good at complaining but none of us wants to be the one to make the suggestions.

There are problems here but unless you have an idea on how they should be solved nothing will ever get better.
So ideas.. and sensible ones because the lock em all up and make them wear orange overalls ideas are just punishments. Does it change behaviour? Well i don't think so, but i am a sad liberal hippy.

What causes people to have so little respect for themselves that they feel the urge to act like idiots? I for one have no clue and i must admit generally don't get annoyed by things like this (and i ride my push bike to work everyday so i know what the driving over here is like!) but lots of people do.

So come on then the brains of expats.. instead of saying 'something must be done!' What is it that need doing? What causes people to drive like idiots and how do you change attitudes?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bring in compulsory insurance & raise the driving age for starters, there again I've mud for brains most of the time.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:24 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Bring in compulsory insurance & raise the driving age for starters, there again I've mud for brains most of the time.
yep ,that's a good start - along of course with crushing the offenders' vehicles like they are doing already in some places
oh and offer cheap track nights for the the petrolheads to let off steam! - also being done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.