Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many are moving on?

How many are moving on?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi many are moving on?

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

What I said was South Auckland is a very diverse culture made up of a large mix of cultures and for that reason most Brits I know feel apprehensive about living there.

In fact I have read that many times in here. Usually posted by those who have never lived in South Auckland themselves.

I imagine another reason Brits or anyone else for that matter would feel apprehensive about living in South Auckland is that it's simply not a desirable a place to live by most immigrant's standards, except perhaps those that are not terribly well off and can't afford better or want to live near a community of their ethnicity. The housing here really is in worse condition, there's more grafitti, more gangs and more crime, and the schools leave *a lot* to be desired.

This is not the case in the suburbs just south of the CBD, and rural areas like Whitford, etc., but for the most part I can't blame anyone from being put off from living here. I'm also not including the eastern suburbs out towards Howick since they're not really part of South Auckland, but because they're administered by the Manukau city council, they're often lumped together with less desirable places.

I think it's quite reasonable to feel apprehensive about living here.

Last edited by The Weezer; Apr 24th 2008 at 1:00 am.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:42 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

That's a very interesting post. But if I may point out out NZ is made up a vast number of cultures who have equally as many different food preferences and sense of humours.

South Auckland alone has 165 different cultures within in it, many of them in mixed marriages. That is what I love so much about SA and what most of you probably find hard to handle.

I doubt the cold miserable Victorian's you refer to (some of my own family) have much influence on the Kiwi's of today.
Absolute nonsense and very patronising.

I think you'll find that the average Brit can do way better than south auckland and can afford and choose to live in a smarter, cleaner more desirable locality.

England has one of the most diverse cultures in the world and we are on the whole a very tolerant and accepting nation.

Personally I'm not sure I 100% agree with mixed marriages but I certainly don't find them hard to handle.

And your average kiwi is cold and miserable.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:41 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pascalr
Thank god I don't meet many of them.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:38 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:57 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Your average Kiwi has got a woodburner, or two.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:04 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Batty
Absolute misuse of the word patronising
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by southerner
Thank god I don't meet many of them.

You probably do, but as you're a kiwi yourself you wouldn't notice the air of despair and misery that envelopes you fellas.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that the average Brit can do way better than south auckland and can afford and choose to live in a smarter, cleaner more desirable locality.

England has one of the most diverse cultures in the world and we are on the whole a very tolerant and accepting nation.

Personally I'm not sure I 100% agree with mixed marriages but I certainly don't find them hard to handle.

my Brit OH thinks we Kiwi's are pretty hot !

I have been married to a brit for 35 years and lived in the UK for 11. You could hardly say I don't know Brits.

You don't need to get on your high horse I was stating a fact which you by the way agreed with.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:15 am
Banned

'Durex' (The condom people) recently did a poll.

The countries surveyed were Canada, USA, UK, Australia, S. Africa and New Zealand.

No offence but kiwi women came out the least attractive and the most promiscuous.

English females the least hygienic and S. African ladies the hottest.

Have to say I agree
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

The countries surveyed were Canada, USA, UK, Australia, S. Africa and New Zealand.

No offence but kiwi women came out the least attractive and the most promiscuous.

Have to say I agree
And
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Meat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really nice

Have to say I agree
I hope you are going to inform us all how the survey was conducted, because if you have set goal at the start you can always achieve it with polls. Drunks leaving pubs on a Saturday night are going to give different answers for example to a catholic congregation being questioned leaving sunday Mass.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:37 am
Banned

Those are the results. I have no idea how it was conducted.

If you're really bothered you could ask the people who conducted the survey.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute misuse of the word patronising

What a Giles Brandreth (sp) you are. One assumes you never have any grammatical faux pas?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Who's Giles whatshisface?

Of course I do, but you do it better
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

What I said was South Auckland is a very diverse culture made up of a large mix of cultures and for that reason most Brits I know feel apprehensive about living there.

In fact I have read that many times in here. Usually posted by those who have never lived in South Auckland themselves.
You're not selling it to me and nobody needs to live in South Auckland to know what it is like. Most Kiwis wouldn't even want to live there, so you can hardly wonder that any of us don't either. We come to NZ seeking 'better' than what we left behind and I personally wouldn't leave a dog alone in a lot of South Auckland.

Based on reputation alone, most people don't have to even visit a place to know that they don't want to live there and soon figure the places to avoid. Many, many moons ago when I was hard up and had not much other choice I rented a flat in Brixton shortly after a riot when all the shop windows were still boarded up. It was just fine and dandy - living on the edge, getting the nightbuses home etc whilst I was young, bulletproof and carefree and I never had a problem; but would I want to go back there? Absolutely, no way! Nowadays, at my age I prefer more genteel surroundings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.