Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:15 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Originally Posted by GailJarvis
It won't be long before this post is deleted like another very similar.

Used to enjoy reading the posts on here. Didn't realise there were so many bitter and hateful people living in such a small country.

Gail
Yes your right there is a lot of bitter people...

and please delete my comments... as though i care
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Annemarie R

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Is just this one thread helping you with your views & your decision ?

Perhaps start some more threads about different aspects of NZ life here to get a more balanced picture. Schools ; places to live ; weather ; travel ; cost of living & if you are still concerned about gangs, drugs, being made welcome, race relations and the like, a new thread about these issues may help .

Just a suggestion
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here
There is an old saying on forum boards. ' Don't feed the troll '.

Put them on ignore , don't respond & report them if necessary.
Oh ! and don't quote 'em either.

Love30stm. You have a lovely moderator PM to start the week.
Hi Bev xxx

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 13th 2008 at 10:30 pm. Reason: clogging the thread
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:32 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
You are most certainly forgiven! Apart from the fact I swear like a trooper i do have great manners, non-kfc skin and a keen wit. Very modest too
Not drinking and then driving home would be a good start. However, on the similar subject of poncey people and wine, I attended a party where the nice hostess replaced Veuve Cliquot with Lindauer for one group of guests (she really didn't like them). She quietly poured the lindauer into the bottle behind the scenes and then served it up to them. Kind of evident they had no clue when they started ranting on about how it was much nicer than lindauer. I might add the rest of us were not drinking Veuve either! But at least we didn't pretend to know any better
thanks - all taken in the right spirit.....
the drinking and driving thing was the worry for me as I tended to get persuaded to have a couple of drinks before driving back.
When one of my colleagues made sure that she congratulated me for not driving home after a particulalry big session that ended in the pub I was far more shocked as none of us were in any state at all to drive........

I was brought up on home made wine and cheap plonk so I'm not the real conneseur inspite pf being dragged into the wine-tasting soc. at college - get me on whisky and I'm on firmer ground, but that doesn't seem to be such a big thing here, maybe more so in the Asian community??

Swearing - if you were on the pitch when I got stamped on my left foot for the third time (on the same little toe mind!) at footie on Wednesday night you would be enlightened.............
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:37 pm

Is just this one thread helping you with your views & your decision ?

Perhaps start some more threads about different aspects of NZ life here to get a more balanced picture. Schools ; places to live ; weather ; travel ; cost of living & if you are still concerned about gangs, drugs, being made welcome, race relations and the like, a new thread about these issues may help .

Just a suggestion

I get fed up with people whinging on about the bad points of New Zealand thats all....

and the forums are used like a chat room, I noticed and they all seem to be clicky clicky....and if you dont agree with anything they say god help us...

just a point...
I wil stick to chat nicer people ...
and not
narrow minded... that have a sense of humour....
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
I get fed up with people whinging on about the bad points of New Zealand thats all....

and the forums are used like a chat room, I noticed and they all seem to be clicky clicky....and if you dont agree with anything they say god help us...

just a point...
I wil stick to chat nicer people ...
and not
narrow minded... that have a sense of humour....

I get fed up with people not being able to tolerate others view points and feelings . It's so simple. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.

If you want to challenge a viewpoint then do so in a respectful way. Start your own threads about NZ life. Help people with their big move. There are many ways to contribute to a forum such as this.

Rule 1
1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Apologies to all for the OT posts.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:02 pm

I get fed up with people not being able to tolerate others view points and feelings . It's so simple. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.

If you want to challenge a viewpoint then do so in a respectful way. Start your own threads about NZ life. Help people with their big move. There are many ways to contribute to a forum such as this.

Rule 1

Ok apologies to all .... ok

Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

me too, soz folks..........