Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:50 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good and Bad points about New Zealand please.

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yawn....Zzzzzzz
Here's some advice for free - try to be original in your put downs. Its much more effective.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:19 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
Here's some advice for free - try to be original in your put downs. Its much more effective.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
and there was me thinking it was just a hnagover......................

suppose 64 year old hairy rugby players from Durban who were feeling a bit sore after a night of celebrating a Bok's win then feeling the worse for wear after a good beating on the cricket field can't do much more the morning after????

Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:20 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

or possibly

..............someone without a point to make, the ability to make it or who can't be bothered to be civil.....................

I'd find the <ignore> feature "little girl"
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
or possibly

..............someone without a point to make, the ability to make it or who can't be bothered to be civil.....................

I find it amusing it seems to bother you...give it a rest thanks ive got better things to do.....and yes i like being a little girl and not a old bore .....who watches cricket....

and i expect I will get a tiresome answer...but this is at finished ...ignoring im going to play with my immature friends...like me
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:36 am

or possibly

Oh and Im not Civil, I enjoy being a ass ole.....
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Can't you lot PM each other with your insults. Better still, arrange to meet up with each other and do a few rounds to get it all out your system.

It's all very boring and nothing to do with the initial request about good and bad points!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Annemarie R is an unknown quantity at this point

HERE HERE JASON

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yawn....Zzzzzzz
It won't be long before this post is deleted like another very similar.

Used to enjoy reading the posts on here. Didn't realise there were so many bitter and hateful people living in such a small country.

Gail

Last edited by GailJarvis; Jul 13th 2008 at 8:38 am.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GailJarvis
It won't be long before this post is deleted like another very similar.

Used to enjoy reading the posts on here. Didn't realise there were so many bitter and hateful people living in such a small country.

Gail
It's the winter holidays Gail, so the children have come out to play. Luckily they'll be going back to school soon .

AnneMarie: we love NZ in the summer but are not as keen in the winter. Miss the double-glazing,central-heating & insulation of most UK homes. On the plus side, winter days aren't as short & it's a fairly brief season (at least it is north of Auckland).

We can't imagine going back to the UK to live now (been here 3yrs+), are generally happy with our lot, feel a damn site safer than we did in England & under no pressure to have the latest gadget, surround sound system or whatever. We find the lack of materialism refreshing. We have some great friends, a hectic social life & do things which we wouldn't have considered doing had we stayed in England.

We have a much larger mortgage & earn less but still manage a similar standard of living to that which we had in the UK . Don't know how we do that but we do.

I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames by some, but can't say I care. Everyone is entitled to their view on NZ, it isn't for everyone. But it does amuse me that those who are 'agin' it treat those who like living here as delusional.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

Default Great day today for us families and outdoor types !

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
It's the winter holidays Gail, so the children have come out to play. Luckily they'll be going back to school soon .

AnneMarie: we love NZ in the summer but are not as keen in the winter. Miss the double-glazing,central-heating & insulation of most UK homes. On the plus side, winter days aren't as short & it's a fairly brief season (at least it is north of Auckland).

We can't imagine going back to the UK to live now (been here 3yrs+), are generally happy with our lot, feel a damn site safer than we did in England & under no pressure to have the latest gadget, surround sound system or whatever. We find the lack of materialism refreshing. We have some great friends, a hectic social life & do things which we wouldn't have considered doing had we stayed in England.

We have a much larger mortgage & earn less but still manage a similar standard of living to that which we had in the UK . Don't know how we do that but we do.

I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames by some, but can't say I care. Everyone is entitled to their view on NZ, it isn't for everyone. But it does amuse me that those who are 'agin' it treat those who like living here as delusional.
couldn't put it better matey....although I've been here only half that time

and was today not an absolutely wonderful mid-winter day that seemed like an early summer's one?? it was up here on the HBC

we had the kids on the beach, burying the Lardy MkIII in sand, fighting over spades, meeting schoolmates, our friends and our next door neighbours - and there must only have been about a dozen or so families there and we knew three or four of them from school, sports, Kindy or our street.

then we were off to the reserve on the way home (that's a 30 second detour off a 5 minute stroll BTW!) - MkII on his scooter and then playing soccer with him until the next door neighbour's kid turns up and we get a proper game of dad -vs- lads going (his dad cried off as he'd been playing with the lad on the morning).

MkIII was all over the slides in his bare feet and enjoying it until he ran onto the pitch and got cruched by MkII's footie boots. But he's a tough little Kiwi he was the only one who used to run up and down the drive - not sure the "field dressing" suits mind - you should have seen the blood!

Then back up the hill to home and some gardening....well planting out the other neighbour's cuttings that she dropped off in the morning with a "saw MrsL had weeded the bed outside your door, fancy some of these? Just pop them in the ground and most of em with take root"....

None of that stopped the kids fighting and getting on our nerves but we had a great, warm sunny day by the sea with great interaction with our Kiwi neighbours......

As I said before, in spite of the odd (mainly work-related) things I hate, NZ is great. Especially on days like today.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Ok, so as long as I stay out of the sun (fine, why anyone wants fried chicken skin is beyond me) and keep my trap shut about sav vs chard (unfortunately, i am an ABC girl...anything but chardonnay) i am not completely horrid?

sweeeeeet.
madam you have always struck me as a lovely lady with great manners and a keen wit - why should I care if you look like KFC? No that I think you do of course......

/removes shovel from below own feet!/

as long as you have the initials K-P then you could be like the back of a bus and I'd love ya - I'd draw the line at "real love" with the *real* "KP" mind.......probably not his type

seriously though, can't get my mind off the cricket.........the great big boring sports-lover that I am..........

BTW, the most gorgeous woman I have ever spoken to was a Kiwi lass, she was on one of the stalls at the EXPO in Manchester in 2005, working the BoP stall as I recall. met her in the bar grabbing a swift one away from the hot and sweaty exhibition. she was the perfect mix of Euro and Maori and did she have legs......coronary time for us old timers

The Cherd vs. Sav thing reminds me of Friday drinks and having to be sociable with customers/collaegues who spent more time talking about that and how to get off drink driving bans and demerits than anything else - bit of a turn off really......
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vitalstatistix & lardyl for getting us back on track and giving a more positive view. Everyone is different and what one likes another does not so we should all respect that and agree to differ without getting personal.

June
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:07 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

madam you have always struck me as a lovely lady with great manners and a keen wit - why should I care if you look like KFC? No that I think you do of course......

/removes shovel from below own feet!/
:
You are most certainly forgiven! Apart from the fact I swear like a trooper i do have great manners, non-kfc skin and a keen wit. Very modest too

The Cherd vs. Sav thing reminds me of Friday drinks and having to be sociable with customers/collaegues who spent more time talking about that and how to get off drink driving bans and demerits than anything else - bit of a turn off really......
Not drinking and then driving home would be a good start. However, on the similar subject of poncey people and wine, I attended a party where the nice hostess replaced Veuve Cliquot with Lindauer for one group of guests (she really didn't like them). She quietly poured the lindauer into the bottle behind the scenes and then served it up to them. Kind of evident they had no clue when they started ranting on about how it was much nicer than lindauer. I might add the rest of us were not drinking Veuve either! But at least we didn't pretend to know any better
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There is an old saying on forum boards. ' Don't feed the troll '.

Put them on ignore , don't respond & report them if necessary.
Oh ! and don't quote 'em either.

Love30stm. You have a lovely moderator PM to start the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.