Coronavirus

Old Oct 18th 2021, 10:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Who is this "expert" calling for another lockdown? I've head a couple of media commentators but no expert. I thought it was a ploy to try to soften the messaging that in two weeks the measures in Auckland would be reviewed again in two weeks. Either way it wouldn't serve any useful purpose, even if people where obeying the rules. Lockdowns have had their day.

There is very low demand for first doses of vaccine anyway, the low number of cases in Auckland is in no way inhibiting the vaccine rollout.

Last edited by Charismatic; Oct 18th 2021 at 11:02 am.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Who is this "expert" calling for another lockdown? I've head a couple of media commentators but no expert. I thought it was a ploy to try to soften the messaging that in two weeks the measures in Auckland would be reviewed again in two weeks. Either way it wouldn't serve any useful purpose, even if people where obeying the rules. Lockdowns have had their day.

There is very low demand for first doses of vaccine anyway, the low number of cases in Auckland is in no way inhibiting the vaccine rollout.
Whose was the expert calling for Level 4? If only it was one, many of the usual suspects were widely quoted over the weekend and yesterday morning calling for L4 circuit breaker. I’m freaking out Plank was one.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm due to return to fly 'home' from Heathrow tomorrow evening, after a month in the north-west of England. I was sort of hoping for a positive Covid PCR test so that I could delay my return, however it's negative, so home I'll fly. It's only that I miss the OH and my own bed that's bringing me back!
I'm not looking forward to having a fortnight in MIQ or should I say prison!!! And then possibly a level 3 lockdown.
There are loads of cases of Covid in the UK, most are mild and many are in school kids. It's been great having the freedom for the past 4 weeks. And so what have I observed - well some people choose to wear masks and others don't. Masks are mandated in hospitals, surgeries and on flights. Otherwise it's a personal choice. Shops have perspex screens up at tills, some restaurants test your temperature, most don't.
What I haven't witnessed is the fear-mongering that goes on in NZ. Of course some people are nervous of going out and have lost a lot of confidence. That's an understandable reaction to a long lockdown and the rational concerns about the virus prior to the vaccines. Some people may never recover their confidence to go out as they did pre-covid.
So sometimes I've worn a mask and other times I haven't bothered. I've been on buses, trains taxis, back and forth to two hospitals, pubs, bars, cafés, shops restaurants and so on. I've done the occasional lateral flow test, free from the chemist (14 tests) all negative. I'm double vaxxed, there are more cases in the community than in MIQ and yet I can't self-isolate at home???? Bloody ridiculous!

Slow roll out of vaccine, vacillating on 3 weeks, 6 weeks, no! 3 weeks between each jab. No increase in the ICU capacity from pre-Covid. A huge fail in my book.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
So I'm due to return to fly 'home' from Heathrow tomorrow evening, after a month in the north-west of England. I was sort of hoping for a positive Covid PCR test so that I could delay my return, however it's negative, so home I'll fly. It's only that I miss the OH and my own bed that's bringing me back!
I'm not looking forward to having a fortnight in MIQ or should I say prison!!! And then possibly a level 3 lockdown.
There are loads of cases of Covid in the UK, most are mild and many are in school kids. It's been great having the freedom for the past 4 weeks. And so what have I observed - well some people choose to wear masks and others don't. Masks are mandated in hospitals, surgeries and on flights. Otherwise it's a personal choice. Shops have perspex screens up at tills, some restaurants test your temperature, most don't.
What I haven't witnessed is the fear-mongering that goes on in NZ. Of course some people are nervous of going out and have lost a lot of confidence. That's an understandable reaction to a long lockdown and the rational concerns about the virus prior to the vaccines. Some people may never recover their confidence to go out as they did pre-covid.
So sometimes I've worn a mask and other times I haven't bothered. I've been on buses, trains taxis, back and forth to two hospitals, pubs, bars, cafés, shops restaurants and so on. I've done the occasional lateral flow test, free from the chemist (14 tests) all negative. I'm double vaxxed, there are more cases in the community than in MIQ and yet I can't self-isolate at home???? Bloody ridiculous!

Slow roll out of vaccine, vacillating on 3 weeks, 6 weeks, no! 3 weeks between each jab. No increase in the ICU capacity from pre-Covid. A huge fail in my book.
omg one more person who agrees NZ media scare mongering and nonsense.
I have been saying the exact same since the level 4 for one case nonesense and it falls on death ears on ere.
I don't know when the penny will drop NZ has done nothing for the past 18 months and are paying the price now.
no investment in Health care system, No investing in developing vaccines. crap roll out
MIQ is a disgrace and fooked that up. how can you take people from there home with the ******g flu and put a family in prison for 2 or 3 weeks.
got very lucky closing the border and still pissed around and fooked that up.

I.have been back in UK East Midlands since May.
I haven't wore a mask since May only in Tesco or Asda when it was mandatory.
I have been on roughly 120 to 150 different construction sites I'm mobile worker. not seen one person wear a mask or social distance in site offices or even rearly talk about covid in convo.ts like the flu it's there and kills but doesn't impact on your daily life as a normal working family.
I have also never used a trace app or signed in anywere or logged in anywere in 6 months including construction sites,cafes, restraunts or cinemas, swimming pools or anything else.

Even went see new 007 last week. best bond so far aswell by way. when cinemas open back up in Auckland I would recommend viewing

Last edited by jarv5116; Oct 18th 2021 at 8:10 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Yeah, more disappointment at today's late afternoon podium performance. The usual lockdown lovies out in advance calling for 'short (!) level 4 circuit breaker', 'quick (!) blast of level 4' so that we're meant to relieved that we stay in Level 3 Stage 1 for minimum of another couple of weeks.

I think they would truly have been some anarchy and street demonstrations in Auckland with a pointless return to Level 4, like in Melbourne. The elimination ship has sailed.

So we've another 4 days to wait n see. It's worrying that any target will be set very high.

We sit going into 10th week of lockdown on Wednesday, with 70% double jabbed in Auckland, and single vaxxed high 80's and the reason the double vaxxed isn't in the 80's is of course because of our slow roll out in the first place (one that saw Michael Baker, public health expert picking up his 2nd jab only at the weekend!) . The double vaxxed and businesses do need to start receiving some privileges, instead waiting for laggards to catch up.

After the weekends vaxathon and take up with free ice creams and sausage sizzles, we need to set a fixed date, say we go level 2 on 1st December (that will still be over 100 days in Lockdown 5 ) come what may. Those that aren't vaxxed can take their chances - as the PM says the delta will seek them out.

We can't be waiting for these kind Murapara doesn't want Pfizer 16% double vaccinated, 32% has single dose. Hopefully our vaccination experts are equally as disgusted as they are with the Coromandel Mayor.

Sorry but I have nothing but admiration for these people that want a vaccine other than Pfizer. I didn't want the Pfizer at all, I wanted the AstraZeneca as all my family have had it and its perfectly safe (as proven by the millions and millions of people throughout the world that have had it!). Good on them for lasting out, now the leaders have decided we'll finally have it. It is such a shame and such a waste that its taken until November/December for this to be offered. Australia gave in, late June early July time - pity its taken to October for us to do so. The WHO, the "science" etc all say its a perfectly save vaccine. I mean there's more chance of me being killed on my weekly trip to Pak n Save than there is of the 1 in 5 million side affect around the blood clot

If the boss didn't have her job where she works with a very vulnerable child (that visits our house regularly), then I would probably be in the exact same situation as those. Her wellbeing is far more important to me than the quest to have AstraZeneca doses injected inside.

Oh and as for the experts, don't listen to them! Jacinda isn't, nor is Dr Bloomfield anymore. If we listened to the "experts" and the government went with what they wanted, then we would all be stuck indoors until May 2022 and the country would be closed permanently until the illness was no longer showing up in the world. Ok it may be a bit exaggerating but when the wifes morning breakfast show puts them on air, that's the general vibe I get when listening.

Last edited by Tom H; Oct 18th 2021 at 8:15 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a FB page called "Grounded Kiwis " and the stories on there are soul destroying. People who are trying to get emergency allocations in MIQ because they have a terminally ill relative somewhere in the world or in NZ and they get turned down. Only 5-10% are successful at landing a coveted spot in the MIQ lottery. It's inhumane. Many in awful circumstances are apologising for getting a spot because they feel someone else deserves it more.
It's crazy that the Govt are saying that people who have covid can self-isolate at home but those of us who are double-vaxed and test negative 48hrs prior to a flight have to go into managed isolation at our own expense. WHY???? It doesn't make sense!
I was in Liverpool for a few nights a couple of weeks back and covid is rife there. Nothing, Zilch, Nada.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'm on a FB page called "Grounded Kiwis " and the stories on there are soul destroying. People who are trying to get emergency allocations in MIQ because they have a terminally ill relative somewhere in the world or in NZ and they get turned down. Only 5-10% are successful at landing a coveted spot in the MIQ lottery. It's inhumane. Many in awful circumstances are apologising for getting a spot because they feel someone else deserves it more.
It's crazy that the Govt are saying that people who have covid can self-isolate at home but those of us who are double-vaxed and test negative 48hrs prior to a flight have to go into managed isolation at our own expense. WHY???? It doesn't make sense!
I was in Liverpool for a few nights a couple of weeks back and covid is rife there. Nothing, Zilch, Nada.
It like when I read NZ Herald online they kicking off as teachers don't want vaxxed.
Its like who cares honeslty it's a drop in the ocean.few weeks back there was 200k kids in isolation with covid in UK. A couple of teachers not wanting vaxxed who cares it's a drop in ocean.
your not putting the kids at risk your puting your self in at risk.
If your stupid enough to put your self in that situation everyday and not get vaxxed then crack on chief. don't come crying to me when your sick.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:58 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

There is a new factor at play now in my view, looking at the very high CPI inflation numbers yesterday it seems that unfortunately the existing restrictions are starting to do more acute economic damage. The Reserve Bank can control inflation by raising rates but it might accelerate a recession by doing so.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Surely its now time to close this thread.

It died months ago, please put it out of its misery
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Whose was the expert calling for Level 4? If only it was one, many of the usual suspects were widely quoted over the weekend and yesterday morning calling for L4 circuit breaker. I’m freaking out Plank was one.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-ways#comments

It seems that stuff has also noticed the differences as well
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H

Sorry but I have nothing but admiration for these people that want a vaccine other than Pfizer. I didn't want the Pfizer at all, I wanted the AstraZeneca as all my family have had it and its perfectly safe (as proven by the millions and millions of people throughout the world that have had it!). Good on them for lasting out, now the leaders have decided we'll finally have it. It is such a shame and such a waste that its taken until November/December for this to be offered. Australia gave in, late June early July time - pity its taken to October for us to do so. The WHO, the "science" etc all say its a perfectly save vaccine. I mean there's more chance of me being killed on my weekly trip to Pak n Save than there is of the 1 in 5 million side affect around the blood clot

If the boss didn't have her job where she works with a very vulnerable child (that visits our house regularly), then I would probably be in the exact same situation as those. Her wellbeing is far more important to me than the quest to have AstraZeneca doses injected inside.

Oh and as for the experts, don't listen to them! Jacinda isn't, nor is Dr Bloomfield anymore. If we listened to the "experts" and the government went with what they wanted, then we would all be stuck indoors until May 2022 and the country would be closed permanently until the illness was no longer showing up in the world. Ok it may be a bit exaggerating but when the wifes morning breakfast show puts them on air, that's the general vibe I get when listening.
Yeah, I've had my fill of those 'experts', and others blissfully wanting another 4 weeks Level lockdown, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

I'd have happily taken the AstraZeneca jab, and concerned that it was only provisionally accepted. The roll out could certainly have started earlier with it, though they hardily did across in Australia where they were producing under license too. However NZ made the decision to roll with the Pfizer, and I've no time for those refusing the vaccine, as it's just another reason for the PM to delay the release Lockdown levels.

Reports of interview again on TV/radio this morning, again with no commitments, 'don't plan on being out of it in Auckland by Christmas', bollocks, it's well beyond time to be setting targets. We're already 70% double jabbed, 89% single jabbed.

Queensland across in Australia, with limited cases, committing to opening up to the remainder of the country (or to those from hotspot who are double jabbed and recent test), when 80% double jabbed in Queensland by 17th December or earlier, roadmap
Likewise the King of strict lockdowns, Daniel Andrew, that rival even Jacinda's start opening opening up with 70% double jabbed in Melbourne, Victoria on Thursday.

Here I think half the govt are still pursuing an elimination strategy. Week 10 of lockdown tomorrow, and the PM yet to visit to Auckland, being an essential worker, she'd be able to get across the Auckland wall, with just a negative swab up the nose test.
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tom H
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-ways#comments

It seems that stuff has also noticed the differences as well
Yeah, he tends to write a number of decent opinion pieces, a little more questioning than Tova and Jessica!
Old Oct 20th 2021, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear it's all going so fantastically well in the UK and no need for a Plan B but boy am I glad we don't yet have a COVID wall of death.

We may now be the laughing stock and the last bastion of elimination and effectively just starting out where the UK was over a year to eighteen months ago but at least we're starting out from a position where most now are vaxxed and with a wealth more knowledge of what we are dealing with.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 3:19 am
Just Joined

cyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to hear about the third jab today. Think my husband will be in line for that. He had to go through a Stem Cell Transplant this last February because the Lymphoma which he has been living with since 2013 decided to start turning aggressive. He has just about zero immune system left because of the Chemo and we've already been told by his Oncology and Haematology Drs that if he got covid, chances of survival could be pretty slim. He's already had his 2 covid jabs but it's doubtful he's made enough if any antibodies so the 3rd jab is good news for us, also has to start over on all his childhood vaccines next February. He's one of the people that Professor Jarv5116 (expert on everything Kiwi, and graduate of the University of the NZ Herald) would like to stay locked up so everyone else can enjoy themselves haha.Think that person must live in a different England to my two brothers and my 3 long time friends and their families. So glad they've mandated the vaccine for healthcare and education staff which also helps to keep our 2 little grandkids who are 3yrs and 6 months safe.. We have no complaints the way the government have handled the covid response here apart from caving in to have a bubble with OZ.

Last edited by cyndi2; Oct 20th 2021 at 3:28 am.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cyndi2
Interesting to hear about the third jab today. Think my husband will be in line for that. He had to go through a Stem Cell Transplant this last February because the Lymphoma which he has been living with since 2013 decided to start turning aggressive. He has just about zero immune system left because of the Chemo and we've already been told by his Oncology and Haematology Drs that if he got covid, chances of survival could be pretty slim. He's already had his 2 covid jabs but it's doubtful he's made enough if any antibodies so the 3rd jab is good news for us, also has to start over on all his childhood vaccines next February. He's one of the people that Professor Jarv5116 (expert on everything Kiwi, and graduate of the University of the NZ Herald) would like to stay locked up so everyone else can enjoy themselves haha.Think that person must live in a different England to my two brothers and my 3 long time friends and their families. So glad they've mandated the vaccine for healthcare and education staff which also helps to keep our 2 little grandkids who are 3yrs and 6 months safe.. We have no complaints the way the government have handled the covid response here apart from caving in to have a bubble with OZ.
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband, that's very difficult for you.
But that doesn't mean that the majority should have to give up their liberty for a minority however deserving their cause. I wouldn't expect anyone to do that for me in the same situation. We all know that we have to die one day, and we're all going to die of something. Now that we have vaccinations available, it's time to open up.
The Government did well last year but has since dropped the ball. Id have for more respect for Jacinda if she admitted the errors she made eg Trans-Tasman bubble prior to having a ramped up vaccination programme in place.
Covid is here on our shores. If you need to stay isolated for health reasons then do so, get vaccinated and let's get living again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.