Coronavirus

Old Oct 21st 2021, 12:58 am
Just Joined

cyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband, that's very difficult for you.
But that doesn't mean that the majority should have to give up their liberty for a minority however deserving their cause. I wouldn't expect anyone to do that for me in the same situation. We all know that we have to die one day, and we're all going to die of something. Now that we have vaccinations available, it's time to open up.
The Government did well last year but has since dropped the ball. Id have for more respect for Jacinda if she admitted the errors she made eg Trans-Tasman bubble prior to having a ramped up vaccination programme in place.
Covid is here on our shores. If you need to stay isolated for health reasons then do so, get vaccinated and let's get living again.
Who was talking about the majority giving up their liberty, certainly wasn't me, said I thought it was interesting about the 3rd Jab for immunocompromised people like my husband. I'd like to think we are part of the majority having been vaccinated. Husbands condition so far has not been difficult too much, as I said he was diagnosed 2013 if you didn't know about him having had Lymphoma (and he's in Remission now) you wouldn't know anything had ever been wrong. He's at work doing stuff he normally does, but we know we have to be extra careful because of covid and will continue to do so. So far we don't know anyone who objects to having the vaccine and most people we know are fully jabbed. Thanks though for telling us that we're all going to die someday though, I didn't know that.............. We even realise that at some point we'll probably get covid down here too, we've been lucky in the South Island up 'til now. Stay safe.....

Last edited by cyndi2; Oct 21st 2021 at 1:55 am.
Old Oct 21st 2021, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyndi2
Interesting to hear about the third jab today. Think my husband will be in line for that. He had to go through a Stem Cell Transplant this last February because the Lymphoma which he has been living with since 2013 decided to start turning aggressive. He has just about zero immune system left because of the Chemo and we've already been told by his Oncology and Haematology Drs that if he got covid, chances of survival could be pretty slim. He's already had his 2 covid jabs but it's doubtful he's made enough if any antibodies so the 3rd jab is good news for us, also has to start over on all his childhood vaccines next February. He's one of the people that Professor Jarv5116 (expert on everything Kiwi, and graduate of the University of the NZ Herald) would like to stay locked up so everyone else can enjoy themselves haha.Think that person must live in a different England to my two brothers and my 3 long time friends and their families. So glad they've mandated the vaccine for healthcare and education staff which also helps to keep our 2 little grandkids who are 3yrs and 6 months safe.. We have no complaints the way the government have handled the covid response here apart from caving in to have a bubble with OZ.
I'm not a NZ Herald expert i disagree with most of the drivel they write in it scare mongering.

The new scare is UK cases up to 50k omg a disaster lol there no way borris will lock the country down. maybe slight restriction like wearing masks and starting covid vaccine passports to keep the press happy.
at some point in NZ the penny will drop. forget case numbers it's irrelevant now. its all about hospitalizations now. looks at the stats in the UK cases to hospialaztion and you will see what I mean. the only way a lockdown will happen is if the NHS can't cope. it managed the past two winters with no vaccines and in NZ level 2 type lockdowns no level 4 lockdowns or level 3 in UK except March 2020 when it first kicked off.
This is what I don't get and gets my back up and kniw one seems to report on. NZ has had 18 months to prepare for it and done virtually nothing. haven't invested in Health care system and upped the ICU beds. they only have 280 I think it was and 95% are used daily so have about 20 free.

Same as keep the kids safe. you will see what happens when the schools open up the cases will explode in schools. teachers been vaccinated won't make a sliğht bit difference if most kids aren't vaxxed

I might go for my booster jab keep myself safe and up to date.

Old Oct 21st 2021, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything from this Government about booster jabs and yet that needs to be happening very soon. I'm due one in January.
Cyndi2 did seem to be suggesting that everyone going out enjoying themselves shouldn't be allowed because one person was sick. Which is ridiculous! You'd think Covid was the only disease in the world right now. Meanwhile people are dying and suffering for lots of other reasons.

So I've had the misfortune to arrive back in NZ today and was flown down to Christchurch to a shitty hotel. The rules are draconian. I've just done a lateral flow test (thank you NHS) and oh guess what, it's negative! However over a 100 people tested positive in Auckland today but are being allowed to quarantine at home....go figure.

Old Oct 21st 2021, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything from this Government about booster jabs and yet that needs to be happening very soon. I'm due one in January.
Cyndi2 did seem to be suggesting that everyone going out enjoying themselves shouldn't be allowed because one person was sick. Which is ridiculous! You'd think Covid was the only disease in the world right now. Meanwhile people are dying and suffering for lots of other reasons.

So I've had the misfortune to arrive back in NZ today and was flown down to Christchurch to a shitty hotel. The rules are draconian. I've just done a lateral flow test (thank you NHS) and oh guess what, it's negative! However over a 100 people tested positive in Auckland today but are being allowed to quarantine at home....go figure.

Oh no, you're not in the Sudima hotel down here?

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time if you are. The only blessing I say is that you are not at the Ibis Rotorua.
Old Oct 21st 2021, 9:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H
Oh no, you're not in the Sudima hotel down here?

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time if you are. The only blessing I say is that you are not at the Ibis Rotorua.
oh yes I am! I'm compiling a complaints list already. I feel like I'm in student accommodation. The food is dreadful, totally inedible. I've brought Alpen and Weetabix with me thank goodness, so was able to request cereal bowls, so I could have something to eat. Had to wait 3 hrs for some milk so I could make a cup of tea. I brought my own teabags too!!!
I thought we were going to be at the Ibis, Rotorua possibly. After 4 weeks of normality it's hard to take.
Old Oct 21st 2021, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

So today will bring another podium session, traffic lights at unusually early 10am podium.

Let’s hope there’s some reasonable and not unrealistic targets, that we’re not waiting for the last man standing to be vaccinated to move from red, and importantly some dates.

With lockdown king Daniel Andrews in Victoria, Melbourne starting releasing their lockdown restrictions overnight, it’s already certain that Auckland’s latest 5th lockdown will have been longer than their latest 70 day lockdown.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 2:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Oct 22nd 2021, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 4:02 am
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I had to google that.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 6:44 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I was very amused that the Ministry of Health used a traffic light system even after the success of Squid Game.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm looks like the Apprentice Team that a couple of weeks ago came up with Level 3 Stage 1, 2 and 3, ended up in the boardroom receiving the 'you're fired'
and have come back again now with some Traffic Lights that are equally confusing, with some unrealistic targets, and no dates.

Last edited by chocolate cake; Oct 22nd 2021 at 9:19 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

& only certainty being we’ll reach a century of days in the current lockdown.

Truely world leading in Lockdowns
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 11:56 pm
`

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I was very amused that the Ministry of Health used a traffic light system even after the success of Squid Game.
For those not familiar :

NZ MCDEM - Disaster ; Emergency Management ;Civil Defence, both LANDSAR and URSAR - use the traffic light system as does WorkSafe , so this will be consistent with that.

Given that all agencies are often called to work together in the management of places , people, hazards, this just brings the ongoing covid response management into line with existing procedures. It is also in line with past emergency disaster management that moves from containment to assessment to management and then to some form of recovery period. It is about each agency using the same songsheet when dealing with whatever the event or issue is.

Personally I don't find any of it confusing . Seems pretty clear to me. There again I am not looking to diss anything & everything at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping for sensible adjustment & recovery without un-necessarily risking anyone's life or health. To date the work in this has been above the efforts of many other nations & states who were not prepared to contain and cordon.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 1:43 am
Just Joined

cyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond reputecyndi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Was only a matter of time. 1st confirmed case on the South Island in Blenheim, young guy linked to the Te Awamutu cluster, supposed to be low risk so let's hope so. Wasn't the traffic light system used after the earthquakes here in Christchurch and in Kaikoura. I've heard of it before and thought it was at those times.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a FB page called "Grounded Kiwis " and the stories on there are soul destroying.
Yep. Nothing good is coming out of this pandemic. Soul destroying all round. Hundreds of thousands of families have lost loved ones, struggling to breathe and alone. I'd like to try and keep that suffering to a minimum here, if possible. We have to trust the health professionals, scientists and modelers. If they say we need to get to 90% eligible double vaxed, I say we try for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.