Coronavirus

Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
It will need to be down to pretty much zero new cases before there is a change in Level.
The 4 weeks would be a complete waste of time if your still getting 50 cases a day you have effectively just paused it for a month.
Also starting quarantine at the borders now which is a good thing.
Plus we would need to see a large reduction on cases we currently have. It might just be doable in the 4 week mark
Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:06 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
Plus we would need to see a large reduction on cases we currently have. It might just be doable in the 4 week mark
It's creates a false dichotomy to imply that lockdown is the only management approach.
​​​
Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
It's creates a false dichotomy to imply that lockdown is the only management approach.
​​​
True. However it's one of the most effective in the short term especially to save lives
Old Apr 7th 2020, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

​​​
Yeah true its a fine balance act trying to get it right and not destroying the economy in the process.
It seems to be the only management approach that's guaranteed to work but destroys the economy. If Auckland turned into a lambordie in North Italy or in Spain would be an absoulte disaster here. with the amount of ICU beds they have in NZ. NZ has 5 beds per 100,000. Spain and Italy have 10 per 100,000. Germany has 12 per 100000.
I see south Korea has been very successful flattening the curve. There tracing contacts and social distancing is awesome. don't know if NZ has the same resources as South Korea to be successful at it.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
There was still people coming back to NZ late last week. hopefully once most are back and not alot of travel overseas. The numbers will be manageable and contact tracing will keep it steady and not need another lockdown.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 6:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The government made the right call but there will be consequences for many New Zealanders who will now be unemployed. Sacrificed for a greater good I suppose. Hopefully that society will see the situation for what it is and not treat them as collateral damage.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

The government made the right call but there will be consequences for many New Zealanders who will now be unemployed. Sacrificed for a greater good I suppose. Hopefully that society will see the situation for what it is and not treat them as collateral damage.
Yeah defo the right call.
If they hadn't locked it down I think it would have turned into an absoulte disaster if they had waited another two or three weeks.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jarv5116
There was still people coming back to NZ late last week. hopefully once most are back and not alot of travel overseas. The numbers will be manageable and contact tracing will keep it steady and not need another lockdown.
Yes that makes sense, i do wonder about that 17% of cases that they can't confirm a travel link. The call would need to be made within the next week and i can see a few regions being on lock-down for an extended two weeks
Old Apr 8th 2020, 7:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

I just head the question to the Prime Minister about if 5G was causing Coronavirus. ​​​​Strongly considering renamed my wireless routers to "5G-GOV_radiation_test" just to flush out the tinfoil hat brigade.
​​​​​

Last edited by Charismatic; Apr 8th 2020 at 7:02 am.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I just head the question to the Prime Minister about if 5G was causing Coronavirus. ​​​​Strongly considering renamed my wireless routers to "5G-GOV_radiation_test" just to flush out the tinfoil hat brigade.
​​​​​
I've had a lot of fun on Facebook with this. I have a person on there who genuinely believes this and she constantly posts articles and you tube videos with no reputable sources.

But she also believes that the world governments have invented this virus, it's not real, they are getting rid of our jobs to make us rely on the government and are going to microchip us. And it's Bill Gates doing most of it.

Sigh. I'm drinking too much wine now...

I did make a pretty little hat the other night out of alfoil and posted a photo but I don't think she gets my humour anyway...😂
Old Apr 8th 2020, 7:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Better unemployed than dead or impaired in some way. It was the right call .

If Kiwis are as No8 wire , She'll be Right , We Stick Together, Community Spirit , as they think they are , then they will dig in and get through the aftermath whichever way is deemed best for this nation. Just as for 1973.

I just wish I currently had some winsome chickens & a whole host more seeds

Old Apr 8th 2020, 7:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I have a person on there who genuinely believes this...
I thought the New Zealand version of this was that it was the Pineapple Raro or electric fences (urban/rural as applicable.)
​​​​​​
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Definitely more people out and about today when I went for my run. No idea what they think they are all doing.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the New Zealand version of this was that it was the Pineapple Raro or electric fences (urban/rural as applicable.)
​​​​​​
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely more people out and about today when I went for my run. No idea what they think they are all doing.
Running...??

If they are maintaining an appropriate social distance it's not a problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.