Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:13 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Originally Posted by daviesl
this is now the 3rd time i have tried to reply my computer keeps loosing it. Arrrrrh. ditto on the so much to organise, and thanks a glass of wine does help. We moved housed in the UK in MArch and stupidly bought one that needed a bit of work, then got a job in NZ quicker than we thought, offered in July, want me there for 2nd OCT!!!!

mad panic now :scared: as having read thread I should have been looking into shippers by now, but alas.... :scared: is there really a wiating list for bookings???

trying to work fulltime, get house in decent state to rent out and get everything done. OH works away sometimes, everytime he is home I shove papers at him and a list of DIY poor bloke

Feel free to join me in my nervous breakdown anyone......
O.M.G!! Welcome to my world!! Have you done shipping quote? We're looking now at going mid-Jan and nave done exactly nothing, nada, zilch. Inbred neighbours keep organising estate agents, shippers etc in the hope we leave, but we've done nothing ourselves as yet. Can anyone recomend fab shippers?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

We are looking to move OCT and have done exactly nothing, nada, zilch for shippers, as thought that could wait till closer to the time . :scared: :scared: :scared: so now starting to panic.

Brittania I have heard are quite good

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
O.M.G!! Welcome to my world!! Have you done shipping quote? We're looking now at going mid-Jan and nave done exactly nothing, nada, zilch. Inbred neighbours keep organising estate agents, shippers etc in the hope we leave, but we've done nothing ourselves as yet. Can anyone recomend fab shippers?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Used britannia for ours, and they were quite reasonable, we didnt ship to much just half a container ish. they were organised, and reliable
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

cheers - roughly what price are we looking at for 1/2 a container??

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Used britannia for ours, and they were quite reasonable, we didnt ship to much just half a container ish. they were organised, and reliable
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:48 pm

this is now the 3rd time i have tried to reply my computer keeps loosing it. Arrrrrh. ditto on the so much to organise, and thanks a glass of wine does help. We moved housed in the UK in MArch and stupidly bought one that needed a bit of work, then got a job in NZ quicker than we thought, offered in July, want me there for 2nd OCT!!!!

mad panic now :scared: as having read thread I should have been looking into shippers by now, but alas.... :scared: is there really a wiating list for bookings???

trying to work fulltime, get house in decent state to rent out and get everything done. OH works away sometimes, everytime he is home I shove papers at him and a list of DIY poor bloke

Feel free to join me in my nervous breakdown anyone......
All sounds frighteningly familiar! At least we have slightly longer than you to get organised!

We both work part-time to fit around the kids whose holiday childcare places are 12 miles apart!!

We hope to exchange & complete on our house we rent out on 30th August. Our home is falling down around us and we can't find builders/landscapers/decorators for love nor money! Have just had a bathroom decorated by a guy who works with me - he's now tied up until mid-September! Need roof reparis & guttering, a new driveway, decorating throughout, plastering, a new bathroom and new carpet upstairs!! Other than that I'm sure we can squeeze it all on to our 7 page "To Do List" and do it ourselves!!

Have got special pink New Zealand notebook for endless list making - I recommend this. Try to cross at least one thing off it everyday! Thus far I've crossed 2 things off mine!!

Caroline
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:53 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

All sounds frighteningly familiar! At least we have slightly longer than you to get organised!

We both work part-time to fit around the kids whose holiday childcare places are 12 miles apart!!

We hope to exchange & complete on our house we rent out on 30th August. Our home is falling down around us and we can't find builders/landscapers/decorators for love nor money! Have just had a bathroom decorated by a guy who works with me - he's now tied up until mid-September! Need roof reparis & guttering, a new driveway, decorating throughout, plastering, a new bathroom and new carpet upstairs!! Other than that I'm sure we can squeeze it all on to our 7 page "To Do List" and do it ourselves!!

Have got special pink New Zealand notebook for endless list making - I recommend this. Try to cross at least one thing off it everyday! Thus far I've crossed 2 things off mine!!

Caroline
I guess I didn't realise how luck we have been - removal man (Robinson's) came out yesterday, quotation posted and here in front of me already, provisional date 6&7th Oct which we have provisionally agreed. Not taking everything, got rid of most of living room furniture as when we finally get our own place, I want furniture that suits that house, not stuff I have lugged around Britain for years.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karonious
I guess I didn't realise how luck we have been - removal man (Robinson's) came out yesterday, quotation posted and here in front of me already, provisional date 6&7th Oct which we have provisionally agreed. Not taking everything, got rid of most of living room furniture as when we finally get our own place, I want furniture that suits that house, not stuff I have lugged around Britain for years.
thanks for that karonious, still trying to get round to that..if you don't mind m asking how much ish was your quote (just to give us an idea) and was it for 1/2 a container or less than that??
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:33 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that karonious, still trying to get round to that..if you don't mind m asking how much ish was your quote (just to give us an idea) and was it for 1/2 a container or less than that??
Really sorry, StevieB has tidied away the paperwork, ask him later. the figure was around £2, 800 and that was for groupage or part load, but I don't remember what cubic capacity it was. The benefit of groupage is that it takes longer to ship, therfore less storage levy as you look for somewhere to put it.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

It was for 600 cu ft, they reckon on 8-10 weeks shipping time for part loads.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

We've booked John Mason removals - very helpful full container (20ft) approx. £3800 - arrive to load 5 & 6 October - beginning to panic...

Have lots to do, lots of lists.... but most can't be done til nearer the time... will be chaos in last few weeks!!!!

Judy
Old Aug 21st 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beaudixon
Hi,

We've booked John Mason removals - very helpful full container (20ft) approx. £3800 - arrive to load 5 & 6 October - beginning to panic...

Have lots to do, lots of lists.... but most can't be done til nearer the time... will be chaos in last few weeks!!!!

Judy
We had a quote of £3800 for a 20ft container as well, this price was from Dolphin Movers (never seen them mentioned on here tho). We still need to get more quotes in, although we're not going until Feb 07 so have a little time yet

Jac & Adie
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by spackster
We had a quote of £3800 for a 20ft container as well, this price was from Dolphin Movers (never seen them mentioned on here tho). We still need to get more quotes in, although we're not going until Feb 07 so have a little time yet

Jac & Adie
Hi Jac & Adie

Being a bit thick how much is the cubic capacity for a 20ft container? We've just done a rough estimate form on-line and come back needing 2000 cubic feet! Any idea how much the cubic feet space is on the various size containers?
We haven't for as far as specific quotes yet - you're ahead of us and we're going mid-Jan!

Cheers

Caroline & dave
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Hi Jac & Adie

Being a bit thick how much is the cubic capacity for a 20ft container? We've just done a rough estimate form on-line and come back needing 2000 cubic feet! Any idea how much the cubic feet space is on the various size containers?
We haven't for as far as specific quotes yet - you're ahead of us and we're going mid-Jan!

Cheers

Caroline & dave
Hi you two, Adie did have the measurements but as normal he can't find them, however he has just redeemed himself and found this web site. http://www.sjonescontainers.co.uk/dimensions.htm
Hopefully this might help.
The only reason we need a whole container is for his tractor
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jac & Adie

Cheers

Caroline & dave
Hi Fairy Lady,
can't help with your cubic feet question being mathematically challenged but just wanted to say I'm completely bogged down too - you are not alone!!! I feel like we're in limbo at the moment and I'm completely out of control.I've had a headache for as long as I can remember, we're living in a rented house which is up for sale and an interested couple have just been for a look see today - the MIL didn't look thrilled when we suggested we may need to stay with her (with kids and cat) for a while (although it may have been Danny putting her off). GP says I'm stressed - well I knew that already! Stressing about where we are going to live, where the kids will go to school, what about the cat, my best friend bursts into tears every time I see her .... well, feel better now I've got that off my chest. What I wanted to say is it will be worth it in the end - I'm sure - and if it's not we've got it all to look forward to in reverse - only kidding! Don't worry be happy
Donna
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:49 pm
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hi Fairy Lady,
can't help with your cubic feet question being mathematically challenged but just wanted to say I'm completely bogged down too - you are not alone!!! I feel like we're in limbo at the moment and I'm completely out of control.I've had a headache for as long as I can remember, we're living in a rented house which is up for sale and an interested couple have just been for a look see today - the MIL didn't look thrilled when we suggested we may need to stay with her (with kids and cat) for a while (although it may have been Danny putting her off). GP says I'm stressed - well I knew that already! Stressing about where we are going to live, where the kids will go to school, what about the cat, my best friend bursts into tears every time I see her .... well, feel better now I've got that off my chest. What I wanted to say is it will be worth it in the end - I'm sure - and if it's not we've got it all to look forward to in reverse - only kidding! Don't worry be happy
Donna
Danny F - take a long chug of you beer and chill (wish I could take my own advice!). Remember, we choose to do this, no one made us do it. We are all looking to give our kids a different life and make a difference to our own lives as well. I can't think past saying goodbye to my sons, we seem to have gone about ot all arse for elbow, but in my lucid moments, I think it will all come together at some point in the near future, and at that point it will all have been worth it. If I could send you karma I would, but I am a lowly peasant with postings of pea proportions to your Cheops Pyramid, so I can't!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.