Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Originally Posted by danny.f
Danny got an evening pass bacause I've been on my own with him since Thursday night and a woman can only take so much....I need to catch up on the soaps anyway. Plus I've just bought an extremely expensive dress for my brothers wedding on Sunday and need some Brownie points to store up for when the bank statement arrives.
Donna

wish we'd known about Solihull before we booked Rome!
Mrs StevieB - cooking at this time of nite is surely going to lead to indigestion? Ulcer? At least nitemares?

I have to take 4 kids school uniform shopping in morn - give me strength - that alone is a 50 mile round trip! So am signing off now.

Donna, it's half 11, he's taking advantage - it was Rome, not Vegas. just want answer to my blood test query?! Am very pale & sickly - could well be aneamia? Do I need time off work /kids/pampered/shopping in Harrods etc?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StevieB
Hey Donna

How was Rome, did you miss the monsoon we had, or did it get there as well?

Am Loolah, I still smoke, I still drink, so I'm with you. Good time not necessarily long time! Anyway, what's the point in being able to say 'I'm 101 years old, but god I'm bored!'

BTW, cooking was a disaster, omlette now propping door open! (nil pointe). Also deep disgrace for the wafting duvet comment I made somewhere else!

LOL Stevie B - you were doing so well!!! You should get a point or two for trying to cook, just make sure you're the one scrubbing the omelette pan and not Karen. I'll be in trouble when Danny reads about v. expensive dress but never mind, it's not as bad as getting caught making duvet wafting comments.

Rome was fab, very hot, no monsoon. Spent all day Sunday in bed due to very, very bad hangover but luckily we did most of the sight seeing Friday and Saturday and managed to drag myself out for more food, drink and sight seeing on Sunday evening. Also got a nice tan for said dress although Danny is a similar shade to pickled beetroot.

Glad to hear you finished work,

Donna
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
LOL Stevie B - you were doing so well!!! You should get a point or two for trying to cook, just make sure you're the one scrubbing the omelette pan and not Karen. I'll be in trouble when Danny reads about v. expensive dress but never mind, it's not as bad as getting caught making duvet wafting comments.

Rome was fab, very hot, no monsoon. Spent all day Sunday in bed due to very, very bad hangover but luckily we did most of the sight seeing Friday and Saturday and managed to drag myself out for more food, drink and sight seeing on Sunday evening. Also got a nice tan for said dress although Danny is a similar shade to pickled beetroot.

Glad to hear you finished work,

Donna
Yes, and there's more to do now I've finished than before. Finally made the list thing and tried to get through a lot today (please note...attempting to get back on topic...I'm so organised!)

We're selling the car and renting one for September with the profits. Looked at advertising it on Ebay today and took out the MOT Certificate. That was when the world fell out of my bottom cos it expired in February! I knew the backbox on the exhaust was going and it would never get through an MOT, so made a rush appointment at North Eastern Tyres and Exhaust and got it fixed, then eventually found a garage that could MOT it tomorrow.

This afternoon I found the MOT certificate that expires in November!!!!!!!!!!!

I am, to say the least, somewhat chagrined...and well pi**ed off!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and there's more to do now I've finished than before. Finally made the list thing and tried to get through a lot today (please note...attempting to get back on topic...I'm so organised!)

We're selling the car and renting one for September with the profits. Looked at advertising it on Ebay today and took out the MOT Certificate. That was when the world fell out of my bottom cos it expired in February! I knew the backbox on the exhaust was going and it would never get through an MOT, so made a rush appointment at North Eastern Tyres and Exhaust and got it fixed, then eventually found a garage that could MOT it tomorrow.

Well done for getting back to the topic - yes I saw those comments about you and trivia too!
On the positive side your Ebay ad can say the car has a functioning backbox. Good luck with the lists, that's what we need to do next.
Donna
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:54 pm

What the Hell is a backbox? Am girl!!

Have convertible that needs 4 new tyres, fuse for roof has gone, and I've recently scraped. Selling a convertible means like NOW!!!! It's raining & freezing. See my thread "When to sell cars?"
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:05 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
What the Hell is a backbox? Am girl!!

Have convertible that needs 4 new tyres, fuse for roof has gone, and I've recently scraped. Selling a convertible means like NOW!!!! It's raining & freezing. See my thread "When to sell cars?"

Couldn't stop laughing and had to retrieve control from StevieB _ just had a late birthday card from my sister which reads " sorry forgot, foosty milk gave date away - am potato" and when you wrote "am Girl" it all came back! Sister funniest person in the world and one of best friends - how can you say goodbye? She also lives in same village as 3 sons so you can see how difficult it will be to go there
anyway, sorry for hijacking thread
Karen
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by karonious
Couldn't stop laughing and had to retrieve control from StevieB _ just had a late birthday card from my sister which reads " sorry forgot, foosty milk gave date away - am potato" and when you wrote "am Girl" it all came back! Sister funniest person in the world and one of best friends - how can you say goodbye? She also lives in same village as 3 sons so you can see how difficult it will be to go there
anyway, sorry for hijacking thread
Karen
As am v nice fairy shall forgive you. I've no idea how you say goodbye to friends as have none! Family on the other hand - it's bloody hard. We have mixed messages from ours, and the genral feeling is just don't harp on about it. Go quietly & gracefully. DELUDED!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:07 pm

Gosh, I had to go a long way back to find this thread I started 3 months ago!

But I got some sound advice, and we took it on board and re-thought our plans.

However, we still feel bogged under with sooooo much to organise.

We now have to go back to 2 eldest kids' school and see if we can re-negotiate their notice, otherwise they won't have an education after Christmas. We got too cocky, thinking hubby Kiwi, we jump to front of the queue, thus far nothing, nada, zilch? Application for me submitted October 3rd.

We now have some shipping quotes and think we know who we will go with.

We now have shipping quotes for the dogs - but are now re-considering taking dogs having looked at the size of sections we'd be looking to buy. Currently grass. 2 weeks with us living there with dogs - bog! The cost is damn high, but that's not what's putting us off. Just tiny, tiny gardens!

I don't think we'll be as well off as we thought we'd be.

The weather's not as good as we thought it'd be.

Apparently jobs are really difficult to come by?

Don't get me wrong, we're not not coming. Just getting fed up with limbo land.

They say allow 8 weeks for a CO to be assigned. That's in the next week. Would it then be considered rude to contact them and say, "come on ... show me the airport?!" Don't want to rub them up the wrong way. But bit stuffed with the kids's school and am worried! Especially now work know!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all
Smile Re: Bogged under ... So much to organise!

hi fairy girl keep your chin up
we have also had the same thoughts and doubts, I am taking a pay cut to go over, OH needs to get a job over there and after 5 years his business was now just really taking off, we have a nice house here........ but it is now rented for a year from monday and tickets are bought and paid for and we fly to auckland mon, I officially finish work on fri although left 2 weeks ago and took the last 2 as a/l.

but we kleep thinking it will be worth it in the end...what an opportunity.... we have to try it while we can or we will be forever wondering.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by daviesl
hi fairy girl keep your chin up
we have also had the same thoughts and doubts, I am taking a pay cut to go over, OH needs to get a job over there and after 5 years his business was now just really taking off, we have a nice house here........ but it is now rented for a year from monday and tickets are bought and paid for and we fly to auckland mon, I officially finish work on fri although left 2 weeks ago and took the last 2 as a/l.

but we kleep thinking it will be worth it in the end...what an opportunity.... we have to try it while we can or we will be forever wondering.
Wow!! Good for you, you got there - fly out Monday, how fantastic!!

Yes, you are right, must perform daily mantra, along with spell revision and polishing tiara - "It'll be worth it in the end!"

Just wish I knew when "end" was. You'd think I would with my celestial skills?!

So pleased it's all worked out for you. Let us know how you get on?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

My kids missed lots of school too, but they soon catch up, so dont worry too much about that. I thought you would be given PR automatically too being married to a kiwi? The waiting must be awful, but you sound like you are taking it all in your stride and are not the type of person to get too depressed about it. What job are you looking for? Why do you think they are hard to come by? I'm not dissagreeing, I didn't have to apply for a job as l aleady had one I was just wondering like. I wouldn't mind getting a different job soon. I dont know anyone who wants to work but cant get a job so I presumed it would be fairly easy

Didn't bring any pets myself, and never had a dog so dont really get the attachment to them, but you do what you have to. There are loads of dogs here needing a home if you find you can have one after all once you are settled. Sorry if this sounds a bit heartless to dog owners, I know people who feel dogs are part of the family so it might sound a bit flippant, not intending to, honest.

It will work out, this time next year you will be housed, have a job, kids in school, vegetable patch, the odd b&h, bottle of bubbly in hand whilst sitting out on your 'dick' in the evening sun wondering what you were worried about.
Promise
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Wow!! Good for you, you got there - fly out Monday, how fantastic!!

Yes, you are right, must perform daily mantra, along with spell revision and polishing tiara - "It'll be worth it in the end!"

Just wish I knew when "end" was. You'd think I would with my celestial skills?!

So pleased it's all worked out for you. Let us know how you get on?
sure will let you know - but going to bed now - running round like a headless chicken this week trying to finalise everything - night night
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jude J
My kids missed lots of school too, but they soon catch up, so dont worry too much about that. I thought you would be given PR automatically too being married to a kiwi? The waiting must be awful, but you sound like you are taking it all in your stride and are not the type of person to get too depressed about it. What job are you looking for? Why do you think they are hard to come by? I'm not dissagreeing, I didn't have to apply for a job as l aleady had one I was just wondering like. I wouldn't mind getting a different job soon. I dont know anyone who wants to work but cant get a job so I presumed it would be fairly easy

Didn't bring any pets myself, and never had a dog so dont really get the attachment to them, but you do what you have to. There are loads of dogs here needing a home if you find you can have one after all once you are settled. Sorry if this sounds a bit heartless to dog owners, I know people who feel dogs are part of the family so it might sound a bit flippant, not intending to, honest.

It will work out, this time next year you will be housed, have a job, kids in school, vegetable patch, the odd b&h, bottle of bubbly in hand whilst sitting out on your 'dick' in the evening sun wondering what you were worried about.
Promise
This is why I love this site!! Posts like yours!! Mrs Bloody positive/sensible!!

No, just coz I married Kiwi doesn't seem to speed it up any, which frankly, considering what I put up with from him, this should be "costed" in?!

Just don't want kids under my feet disturbing peace and quiet!! Plus if I undertook home schooling, they'd be graduating in 2 days after I'd taught them all I know!

Just general jobs hard to come by on other comments I'd read. We hope to be self-employed, but all takes time. Would like something that pays so don't eat into capital too much!! What with my shopping addiction?!

Hmmm, the great dog debate. Funny. My dog, my hero. hubby hates him? Now that I've mentioned not bringing beloved hounds, hubby saying, they'll be ok.

Yes, shall picture this time next year. Am soooo liking that thought!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:41 pm

This is why I love this site!! Posts like yours!! Mrs Bloody positive/sensible!!

No, just coz I married Kiwi doesn't seem to speed it up any, which frankly, considering what I put up with from him, this should be "costed" in?!

Just don't want kids under my feet disturbing peace and quiet!! Plus if I undertook home schooling, they'd be graduating in 2 days after I'd taught them all I know!

Just general jobs hard to come by on other comments I'd read. We hope to be self-employed, but all takes time. Would like something that pays so don't eat into capital too much!! What with my shopping addiction?!

Hmmm, the great dog debate. Funny. My dog, my hero. hubby hates him? Now that I've mentioned not bringing beloved hounds, hubby saying, they'll be ok.

Yes, shall picture this time next year. Am soooo liking that thought!

Hubby enquires if it's his "dick" I'll be sitting on?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hubby enquires if it's his "dick" I'll be sitting on?
as far as I'm aware, you can sit on anyone's, as long as you have their permission. So, if I want to go and chill out on my neighbours just for a change, I wouldn't just go over and get myself comfy, I'd say to hubby, mind if I try out ****'s dick for a while? and then ask said neighbour, so once all parties are agreed then its all good. At least, that's the protocol on the North Shore, it might be a bit more laid back on BOP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.