Bad long quake.

Old Dec 3rd 2016, 3:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by LoCarb
A seismologist did say we've been through a quiet period in NZ since 1950, but things could be hotting up again now.
Yes. I read or heard that also.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 8:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. I read or heard that also.
The public have had enough of "experts", what this country needs are the "strong" views of a bloke in a pub swinging a pint around issuing some common sense advice.

Seems to have been relatively quiet since the quake really but I do recall the EQ minister saying that after any magnitude 5+ event buildings would be rechecked but I don't know if that's still a thing or if its been substituted with the crossing our fingers approach?
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The public have had enough of "experts", what this country needs are the "strong" views of a bloke in a pub swinging a pint around issuing some common sense advice.
My old dad used to do all his predictive work with a cork dangling on the end of a piece of string.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:22 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Heard a rumbling, then the house was a wobbling. 5.5 at Seddon, strong "thumpy" one.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it also triggered a slightly smaller one close to Hastings at the same time.

The rechecking building thing above after a magnitude 5+ does that mean another busy night for engineers?
Old Dec 4th 2016, 4:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

MrF waiting to see how bad it was in the CBD as to whether he has to call a WFH day tomorrow
Old Dec 4th 2016, 7:15 pm
`

Felt it but thought it was the washing machine doing its thing.

Not nice to have a wobbly house Catcha .

Yes. Interesting to see what checking happens.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 2:06 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

My (male) friend posted this on facebook today. Thought a couple of people could do with watching and taking note (particularly to point 7)

Last edited by Pom_Chch; Dec 5th 2016 at 2:08 am.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 9:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Felt it but thought it was the washing machine doing its thing.
If your washing machine is indistinguishable from a seismic event it might be time to badger and nag Mr. BEVS into investing in a replacement.

I read the other day only "indicator buildings" will be checked.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Heard a rumbling, then the house was a wobbling. 5.5 at Seddon, strong "thumpy" one.
We are up on the kapiti coast, I was stood next to a man and his son who started
waving their arms around as if they were losing their balance.

Wavey arm guy, with arms sticking out
"whoa, did you feel that one"?

Me, with hands in pockets looking confused
"feel what"

Wavey arm guy, still with arms sticking out
"the earthquake"?

Me, looking even more confused
"No"
Old Dec 6th 2016, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
We are up on the kapiti coast, I was stood next to a man and his son who started

"feel what"

"the earthquake"?

"No"
You obviously lack sensitivity - I suggest you see a therapist :-)
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Below

Last edited by LoCarb; Dec 6th 2016 at 1:11 am.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justcol

"feel what"

"the earthquake"?

"No"
You sure it wasn't one of these guys you saw

Mystery of slim, mysterious men solved as Transmission Gully work ramps up | Stuff.co.nz
Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:12 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Hey BEVS:

18-year-old's mission to check baby seals' playground after quake blocks it off | Stuff.co.nz

Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:22 am
`

Ooooo. Thanks so much for sharing that .

I am inordinately relieved and pleased that the seals still have their playground. Soft aporth that I am. It doesn't matter that people cannot get there.

That lad is extraordinary . His parents must be so proud of him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.