Bad long quake.

Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by Justcol
when I was at my lowest point, being told to harden up was the best advice I could have got
Then you didn't have depression.
Who is going around miserable anyway? Being aware and sensible is a whole other thing as I think you do know really.

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Say what you will about the state of NZ houses, but you cant argue against the building code in this example. Amazed the occupants were able to walk away unharmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEB7...&feature=share
I know. Amazing.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:35 am
`

This is silly now.

Many many NZ people homegrown or otherwise do not feel or no longer feel stoic about quakes. They want change in several areas.

That's today's reality check.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
This is silly now.

Many many NZ people homegrown or otherwise do not feel or no longer feel stoic about quakes. They want change in several areas.

That's today's reality check.
I agree this is silly - 'people want change in several areas' please suggest what?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:24 am
Loves Australia

AceofSpades is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kotare
Dear me what sensitive souls I am surrounded by - but I suspect most native Kiwis have my attitude.
No they don't, native Kiwis don't have your attitude. They lie awake at night and worry about their safety and their kids safety just like everyone else does. If they didn't there'd be no need for the Red Cross to be giving them psycho-social counselling now would there? m.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article.cfm?c_id=204&objectid=11752993
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AceofSpades
No they don't, native Kiwis don't have your attitude.
Kotare is ex military , so you have to take that into consideration.

Last edited by LoCarb; Nov 29th 2016 at 3:43 am.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:35 am
`

Originally Posted by Kotare
I agree this is silly - 'people want change in several areas' please suggest what?
Avail yourself of this by listening to what others are currently saying out there. That would be the ones on the sharp edge & the ones that have to pick up the wretched pieces.

It's no good being bullish with me y'know. You made a sweeping statement which is incorrect & have been called on that.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Avail yourself of this by listening to what others are currently saying out there. That would be the ones on the sharp edge & the ones that have to pick up the wretched pieces.

It's no good being bullish with me y'know. You made a sweeping statement which is incorrect & have been called on that.
Facinating, being a Kiwi (mostly), being ex military, being a male, living in Keri (in one thread it was my age) become pejoratives that downgrade my opinion :-) Starting to sound like 'identity politics'

I am more interested in what you are saying Bevs and the changes proposed.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:57 am
`

You are now trying to twist things because people, including kiwis & myself don't agree with your initial sweeping statement.

That won't change. We don't agree with you.

It has nothing to do with who you are and everything to do with what you have written and the way you have expressed it.

I'm not doing your reading and listening for you. You must do that for yourself. After all this is your country as much as it is mine so it should matter.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

You are now trying to twist things because people, including kiwis & myself don't agree with your initial sweeping statement.

That won't change. We don't agree with you.

It has nothing to do with who you are and everything to do with what you have written and the way you have expressed it.

I'm not doing your reading and listening for you. You must do that for yourself. After all this is your country as much as it is mine so it should matter.
No Bevs, some people (incl some kiwis) no doubt do disagree, but no-one incl yourself (who stated 'people'want change') can suggest an alternative to my stoicism or migration. Until you come up with your changes you are weaselling out by attacking me.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:16 am
`

You own your own sweeping statement & posts Kotare. All that has happened is that you have been called on that.

Google is your starter for ten .

Here is a little heart warming story.

Fox River's public toilet money diverted after Kaikoura Earthquake
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:18 am
`

And some good news about our wine industry.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:24 am
`

Another bit of smiley news

The Ohau seal colony.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

You own your own sweeping statement & posts Kotare. All that has happened is that you have been called on that.

and to quote Maggie (though not on earthquakes)
TINA to my 'sweeping statement'.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:26 am
Loves Australia

AceofSpades is an unknown quantity at this point

Good example Bevs.

New Zealand's infrastructure is so over-stretched that it can't cope with the increased demands of tourism, can't house families, can't send kids to school with food in their stomachs, or settle outstanding earthquake claims.

Yet the government says it has a $1.8 billion in surplus and wants to dish out tax cuts because an election is approaching.

This is why people want change.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AceofSpades
No they don't, native Kiwis don't have your attitude. They lie awake at night and worry about their safety and their kids safety just like everyone else does.
Quick straw pole of all the kiwis around me,
Do you lie awake and worry about earthquakes.??

Answer 100% No !!

I have a family and a new grand daughter in wellington
and still the total number of earthquake related f**ks given is zero !!

People are just getting on with shit, and others, like you, are almost willing them
to be miserable. . . get over yourselves

Last edited by Justcol; Nov 29th 2016 at 5:04 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.