Bad long quake.

Old Dec 14th 2016, 9:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad long quake.

I've been keeping up with the probability statistics on GeoNet, when you see a 97% probability of a magnitude 6-7 within a year it does give you pause for thought. If that bad boy goes off nearer to a major urban center this might not be a happy ending.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:59 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I've been keeping up with the probability statistics on GeoNet
Wouldn't bother! No one can predict accurately so what's the point in worrying yourself. The probability that Wellington was going to get hit hard was high, but it hit Chch, no one predicted that. I've come to the conclusion that even experts aren't really sure and if that's the case then just carry on as you were.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 8:33 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 14th 2016, 8:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
If your washing machine is indistinguishable from a seismic event it might be time to badger and nag Mr. BEVS into investing in a replacement.
Ha! It is a new one but is apparently facing the wrong way for the house & joists

It needs....... Silent Feet

Since the last 'event' MrBEVS has taken to pinning ads for grab bags on the pin board as he is not too enamoured of my floral plastic grab bag affair. The latest one contains that essential item - one loo roll. In the event of a sizeable ground shifting here I think I might be needing more than one.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 14th 2016 at 8:37 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Should include a tobacco tin with a cheap mobile phone, a pizza menu and some money. In an emergency you'd have to assume pizza people will be able to organise the rapid delivery of fast food to your door long before any emergency agency can respond in a crisis.