why did we do it?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:52 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: why did we do it?

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
No whites sign's are as racist as no blacks sign's.
Take photos and report them, it is against the law.
If someone put up a " no white " sign on their shop in OZ the place would be burnt to the ground within a day.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:53 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
I think you'll find people who have actually moved back are very clear on thepros and cons of being back. I have dual citizenship, and choose to be here now. We like Australia, well Sydney. In fact only Sydney really. We like the weather there, mostly, and the general social climate. But the fact remains, and will always remain even if we return, that there are more interesting things to see and do within a 4 hour car drive in the UK than within a 4 hour flight in Australia. Still, most of us who return like both countries, and we trade a degree of boredom (a lot in the Sunshine Coast ) for a degree of stress, and vice versa. It's only people like you that don't get that and can't see past your own arrogance.
I started reading your post - and though fairplay.. someone who see's it from both sides, I liked your arguement for and against.

I don't know how you can say the Sunshine Coast is boring??
I found this explanation of boredom.. thought it said quite a lot..

"Boredom can be a symptom of clinical depression; some boredom is a form of learned helplessness, a phenomenon closely related to depression."

But I suppose if you're in a country you can't wait to get out of, then I guess a bit of depression must set in...

Sonic x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ling&Buzz
I'm just about to go to ozz and i would be very interested in what was so bad over there it wont stop me going but might help me know what to look out for.

Buzz
I hope you're coming to Oz because you want to explore and discover it and not because you think it will be better than the UK bcause that's where it all turns to sh** IMHO. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:59 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I think that this is a bit of a joke lol 4 hours in England on the motorway just about covers the whole country !! But i can guarantee you could go 8 hours and not find the coastline and sunshine to match Australia ..

Regarding calling the original poster which this was aimmed at arrogant ! This is vindictive as they have in my opinion a very valid point as it appears that Those in OZ or USA are so sad with there lot that all they want to hear is that England is this wonderful paradise place with super jobs , cheap housing , first rate health care , the kids call you sir and madaam and all trundle of to school in there clean and pressed school uniforms , every English person loves mixing with all race and religions , indeed even have street parties with a bring a bottle theme in the glorious countryside with everyone happy , in the warmth of the evening sun whilst looking down at the lush green forest by the lake.
Every one only needs to work 30 hours a week and has 3 holidays a year and you dont ever need to lock your house in a nutshell paradise island.

On the other side the coin the Spanish expats rarely jump in and defend Uk i wonder why ??

Christ on a bike... What on earth are you on? Who thinks that? Apart from people who really should be sectioned.

Yes, that was my point Einstein. In 4 hours you can cover a lot of interesting things in the UK. A 4 hour plane trip in Aus cover a lot of dust, or ont he coast, yes coastline! And sunshine! And... And sometimes those are enough. Sometimes not.

And yes, the poster I was referring to (not the original thread poster) is about as arrogant as they come - arrogant in presuming to know how people felt about the UK and what they understood about it. Especially as she lives in the Sunshine Coast, which I have seen and, well, each to their own I suppose... Not that I mind arrogance if there is something to substantiate it. In her case, I found nothing.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by SonicBird
I started reading your post - and though fairplay.. someone who see's it from both sides, I liked your arguement for and against.

I don't know how you can say the Sunshine Coast is boring??
I found this explanation of boredom.. thought it said quite a lot..

"Boredom can be a symptom of clinical depression; some boredom is a form of learned helplessness, a phenomenon closely related to depression."

But I suppose if you're in a country you can't wait to get out of, then I guess a bit of depression must set in...

Sonic x

As a chartered psychologist myself, I don't really need your definitions. If they say a lot to you, then fair dinkum. But thanks all the same.

Wrong again my biker chick friend, we were hesitant all the way about returning. We think the countries are pretty evenly balanced. That was our problem. We just found Aus boring, and the UK hard. We pays our money, and takes our choice. Many, many people find the same.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:11 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Christ on a bike... What on earth are you on? Who thinks that? Apart from people who really should be sectioned.

Yes, that was my point Einstein. In 4 hours you can cover a lot of interesting things in the UK. A 4 hour plane trip in Aus cover a lot of dust, or ont he coast, yes coastline! And sunshine! And... And sometimes those are enough. Sometimes not.

And yes, the poster I was referring to (not the original thread poster) is about as arrogant as they come - arrogant in presuming to know how people felt about the UK and what they understood about it. Especially as she lives in the Sunshine Coast, which I have seen and, well, each to their own I suppose... Not that I mind arrogance if there is something to substantiate it. In her case, I found nothing.
Yeah, I'm just here, the name's Sonic, you don't have to talk about me like i'm not here?! *waves arms*

And you call me arrogant....

I hope you find happiness somewhere ........
Sonic x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you assume that everyone moving back to the UK is desperate to leave their overseas location, or has had a bad time overseas?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
If someone put up a " no white " sign on their shop in OZ the place would be burnt to the ground within a day.
I think the same would most likely happen hear. I am in no way calling that poster a liar but i cannot really believe the sign thing
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:18 pm

Yeah, I'm just here, the name's Sonic, you don't have to talk about me like i'm not here?! *waves arms*

And you call me arrogant....

I hope you find happiness somewhere ........
Sonic x
I was replying to the person who quoted me. I knew you would be reading so had no worries there. And I was right. I'll try to Cc: you next time I ponder on your arrogance.

And thanks for your concern and good wishes. But you don't find happiness in a place (except maybe a bottle in your case?) - it's an inside job. I have plenty. What we look for in a place to live is quite different.

Shoz x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:22 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

As a chartered psychologist myself, I don't really need your definitions. If they say a lot to you, then fair dinkum. But thanks all the same.

Wrong again my biker chick friend, we were hesitant all the way about returning. We think the countries are pretty evenly balanced. That was our problem. We just found Aus boring, and the UK hard. We pays our money, and takes our choice. Many, many people find the same.
Is it the country thats boring or just the place you happened to be ? and you cant hand on heart say England is fun ?

Whats fun the finding a road that has no yellow lines to park in ?
The dark wet nights at 4.00pm during the winter ?
The working all hours just to stay ahead of the bills ?
amongst the highest taxes on fuels cigs beers rates food etc ,in Europe ?

explain the fun part maybe i can find it near to me ?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

and you cant hand on heart say England is fun ?
It is where I live thanks

But then I have managed to be successful in the UK unlike a lot of the economic refugees who are seeking their fortune elsewhere.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
Now a Mummy!

I was replying to the person who quoted me. I knew you would be reading so had no worries there. And I was right. I'll try to Cc: you next time I ponder on your arrogance.

And thanks for your concern and good wishes. But you don't find happiness in a place (except maybe a bottle in your case?) - it's an inside job. I have plenty. What we look for in a place to live is quite different.

Shoz x
*yawn*

Actually when I said "hope you find happiness somewhere" I meant in your life.... it's just a shame you assumed I meant a place...
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
I think the same would most likely happen hear. I am in no way calling that poster a liar but i cannot really believe the sign thing
If that happened here in England they wouldnt say a word !! most are to scared and just turn a cheek.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
It is where I live thanks

But then I have managed to be successful in the UK unlike a lot of the economic refugees who are seeking their fortune elsewhere.
well good for you , but apart from being wealthy whats the fun bit ?

Give me 3 fun English only things .
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

well good for you , but apart from being wealthy whats the fun bit ?

Give me 3 fun English only things .

The peak district

Real ale

Trout fishing on my doorstep

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.