why did we do it?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why did we do it?

Originally Posted by chippie74
hi..i feel for you!!!
people coming back to the UK need to know its not the place now they left years ago.its the pits now!!..last year i was on my arse i couldnt find work as a joiner as i was being under cut by the eastern europens tradesmen.and this is happening all over with driffrent trades and jobs.With another 2 million excepted in the next year..ie: romainia,bulgaria..these people dnt have comitments like morgages ect im all for people making better lifes...but a what cost??

problem is mate your location is manchester, have you tried abroad yet?. Why is it the pits? have you lived anywhere else to compare at all.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:20 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chippie74
hi..i feel for you!!!
people coming back to the UK need to know its not the place now they left years ago.its the pits now!!..last year i was on my arse i couldnt find work as a joiner as i was being under cut by the eastern europens tradesmen.and this is happening all over with driffrent trades and jobs.With another 2 million excepted in the next year..ie: romainia,bulgaria..these people dnt have comitments like morgages ect im all for people making better lifes...but a what cost??
Hey Chippie,

Mate, you've come on the wrong part of the forum to slag off England.. nobody here will hear a bad word said against the UK.. it's all "roses round the door", "beautiful countryside", "historical buildings" and "traditional olde english............. " (fill in the missing word)

People think you're lying when you tell them that there's 20 or more Polish/Eastern Europeans living in a 1 or or 2 bed flat.. Why would I make that up.. oh, yeah, because apparently, I read the Daily Mail???? Tory shite!

Anyway, I've sent you a tin hat and a shovel ... best get diggin.. find your way to another forum, where your comments won't offend the Brits!!

Hope you get where you're going... good luck!
Sonic x

Last edited by SonicBird; Feb 8th 2007 at 10:21 am. Reason: grammar
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hey Chippie,

Mate, you've come on the wrong part of the forum to slag off England.. nobody here will hear a bad word said against the UK.. it's all "roses round the door", "beautiful countryside", "historical buildings" and "traditional olde english............. " (fill in the missing word)

People think you're lying when you tell them that there's 20 or more Polish/Eastern Europeans living in a 1 or or 2 bed flat.. Why would I make that up.. oh, yeah, because apparently, I read the Daily Mail???? Tory shite!

Anyway, I've sent you a tin hat and a shovel ... best get diggin.. find your way to another forum, where your comments won't offend the Brits!!

Sonic x

DRIVEL and more drivel. I spent plenty time in Oz didnt think it better than the uk.

I seen sh*tholes there and here in uk. foreigners I met nearly all working, some asylum seekers but we had em live near us in Perth from somalia, ripped off the petrol stations all the time. you are so biased against the uk i suspect you arnt entirely sure that moving from the uk is the right thing for u

yes I am a trained therapist too.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not just Manchester. Im less than 20 miles from london, so many immigrants here, I sat with a mate in a local cafe, we were the only ones speaking English. London Councils paying 50K to immigrants to get out of london n settle in surrounds areas, which are seeing a large increase in crime. We even have shops in the local town with no whites signs on the window. I agree that other countries have immigrants and issues, but it does seem that UK has a very large amount, and nothing is being done for the Englishman.

I'll await for the onslaught of replies now......
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Chippie,

Sonic x
I think it's this sort of crap that people object to, not the slagging off of the UK. We all know the UK has faults, but just cos you had a sh1t life there doesn't mean we all do. Why can't you just leave each to their own? This is 'moving back to the UK' after all.

As for beautiful countryside, old buildings, etc., why do you have a problem with that? These things exists, just as much as Polish immigrants, traffic congestion and rain.

Some people want to make a go of it in the UK, some people love it here, so just let them get on with it. I've been here 3 years and I don't think it's the pits. Someone in the village got car-jacked on their driveway last week, and someone else was mugged in an alleyway in daytime. But that's life. I can live with that. No-one denies there is crap. It's just that some people have the ability to live with it better than others. If you need to justify your move by slagging off the UK then you are the one in denial, not us.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people want to make a go of it in the UK, some people love it here, so just let them get on with it. I've been here 3 years and I don't think it's the pits. Someone in the village got car-jacked on their driveway last week, and someone else was mugged in an alleyway in daytime. But that's life. I can live with that. No-one denies there is crap. It's just that some people have the ability to live with it better than others. If you need to justify your move by slagging off the UK then you are the one in denial, not us.[/QUOTE]

I think that s the underlying issue, "thats life" "ablility to live with it" , I work hard and I for one am fed up with living with it constantly, yes i expcect crime, but the levels are now in my view not acceptable to me.

Right end of my rant lol, I wish all of you coming back to the UK every success, and yes, I'll always be an Englishman whereever I am first and foremost.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I think it's this sort of crap that people object to, not the slagging off of the UK. We all know the UK has faults, but just cos you had a sh1t life there doesn't mean we all do. Why can't you just leave each to their own? This is 'moving back to the UK' after all.

As for beautiful countryside, old buildings, etc., why do you have a problem with that? These things exists, just as much as Polish immigrants, traffic congestion and rain.

Some people want to make a go of it in the UK, some people love it here, so just let them get on with it. I've been here 3 years and I don't think it's the pits. Someone in the village got car-jacked on their driveway last week, and someone else was mugged in an alleyway in daytime. But that's life. I can live with that. No-one denies there is crap. It's just that some people have the ability to live with it better than others. If you need to justify your move by slagging off the UK then you are the one in denial, not us.

Here here very well said.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw

Great post HP.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

[F Chippie,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[F you've come on the wrong part of the forum to slag off England.. nobody here will hear a bad word said against the UK.. it's all "roses round the door", "beautiful countryside", "historical buildings" and "traditional olde english............. " (fill in the missing word)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[F think you're lying when you tell them that there's 20 or more Polish/Eastern Europeans living in a 1 or or 2 bed flat.. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][F would I make that up.. oh, yeah, because apparently, I read the Daily Mail???? Tory shite! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[F I've sent you a tin hat and a shovel ... best get diggin.. find your way to another forum, where your comments won't offend the Brits!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[F you get where you're going... good luck![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[F x[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
For someone who loves their life here in Oz you are certainly spending a lot of time moaning about the UK on the moving back to the UK forum, Why??

Should you not be out in the sunshine living your dream
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean1811

I think that s the underlying issue, "thats life" "ablility to live with it" , I work hard and I for one am fed up with living with it constantly, yes i expcect crime, but the levels are now in my view not acceptable to me.

Right end of my rant lol, I wish all of you coming back to the UK every success, and yes, I'll always be an Englishman whereever I am first and foremost.
Thing is, once you've lived on "the other side", it opens your eyes more and you realise these things aren't exclusive to the UK. You get the same issues all over, and, as well as some issues that you leave behind, there's new issues to deal with. Guess it largely depends on personal circumstances, what you're going from v what you're going to.

Best of luck with your move.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to tell you but alot of Brits also dump animals in Spain when they return back to UK without a passport for their pet. I adopted a German Shepherd at 7 months old who had been thrown out of car and was so thin, it took me ages to get her healthy again. The only people I've seen her react negatively to are British men, she loves the Spanish. The woman who is from Northern Europe told me that she finds the Brits the worst offenders and she has even had them threaten to kill/torture their pet if she doesn't take them, because they want to return to UK without it. I met her recently to show her my dog now, and she wept at how healthy she was, and told me when I adopted the dog she didn't think I was British, as she wouldn't have let me have her, but I had given her hope. Her experience with Brits and how they treated their animals here had made her racist (her words) against us. She asked if all Brits were like the people she had met here as she hadn't had any other experiences with them. I thought that was quite sad.

But if we were a nation of animal lovers, then maybe we wouldn't need the RSPCA either?

At least in the med countries they look after their elderly better and don't put that responsibility onto the state/strangers.

Anyway I thought you were thinking of going to live there, there is more than just the weather and Little Englanders...

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Spain is full of whining Brits, also Spain has the one of the worst reputations for cruelty to animals, there is only a small minority who care, lot's and lot's of cats and dogs are just dumped on the side of the road or in bins, they are on a par with Greece

But the weather is good

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 8th 2007 at 11:46 am.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother going to Spain! If you are struggling in the UK you will probably struggle more without being able to speak Spanish. Also the average way is about 800 euros -1500 a month and that is for the Spanish people who speak the language and live there. What are you going to therefore do for work, apart from bar work, etc? I would seriously think about it, otherwise you will be like many others who can't speak the language, don't have any saleable skills and you will return probably alot worse off than you are now. There is work there if you don't have the language, but it is very competitive as you are also competing with other Brits in the same situation and other nationalities. I didn't have too many problems but the wages weren't great and I now work for a UK based Company which I set up, so I've changed my situation to make it work for me, so I can work in Spain as much as I want.

If you are struggling maybe go and retrain and update your skills so you can earn more money.

It doesn't matter where you are in the world if you are broke, it's not a barrel of fun. Get your skills up, some money behind you again and re-evaluate your situation then and then maybe try another country that speaks English and you can get work. I don't know what the situation is in Cyprus, but at least they speak English, so if appeals, maybe in the future when you're got your situation sorted you can review it.

Originally Posted by karyncake
We moved back to the uk from NY last May and since then its been arse.
I had trouble finding work and now have a minimum wage 9-5 with miserable complaining brits, I have a court summons for not paying council tax (after rent and tax i will be left with 80 pounds for bill,food and travel a month), I wanted to go to college and found out Im now an international student (i only left for 5 years!) Im not allowed my cats in my damp dark flat that I spent a year getting certificates for and paid nearly $2000 to bring back and the weathers horrible.
now ive remembered why I was so happy to leave in the first place.
Next stop, Spain!

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 8th 2007 at 11:53 am.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Hate to tell you but alot of Brits also dump animals in Spain when they return back to UK without a passport for their pet. I adopted a German Shepherd at 7 months old who had been thrown out of car and was so thin, it took me ages to get her healthy again. The only people I've seen her react negatively to are British men, she loves the Spanish. The woman who is from Northern Europe told me that she finds the Brits the worst offenders and she has even had them threaten to kill/torture their pet if she doesn't take them, because they want to return to UK without it. I met her recently to show her my dog now, and she wept at how healthy she was, and told me when I adopted the dog she didn't think I was British, as she wouldn't have let me have her, but I had given her hope. Her experience with Brits and how they treated their animals here had made her racist (her words) against us. She asked if all Brits were like the people she had met here as she hadn't had any other experiences with them. I thought that was quite sad.

But if we were a nation of animal lovers, then maybe we wouldn't need the RSPCA either?

At least in the med countries they look after their elderly better and don't put that responsibility onto the state/strangers.

Anyway I thought you were thinking of going to live there, there is more than just the weather and Little Englanders...

Good ol' Mercedes; always to be relied on for the anti-Brit tirade.

Call me picky, but I find it a little difficult to take this 'mistreatment of animals' drivel from a native of the country that thinks murdering a defenceless animal - aka bullfighting - is entertainment.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

It wasn't a native of the country, she was either Dutch or Danish, I can't remember which. By the way I hate bullfighting, blood sports or any other cruelty to animals, or people for that matter. And if we are going to mention entertainment, then lets mention Prince Phillip shooting defenceless birds for sport, or hunting of foxes for the matter....blah blah...

How can I be anti Brit, I am one, but I also am able to recognise that it isn't better than anywhere else either. It's a bit like calling the kettle black when I see others slagging off other countries for their faults when we have a load ourselves. I also work part time in UK, and my company is British and I hire British born and bred people, so can't be that anti now can I?

At least I don't have to use an alias like you do to sprout off your anti Australian rubbish....

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Good ol' Mercedes; always to be relied on for the anti-Brit tirade.

Call me picky, but I find it a little difficult to take this 'mistreatment of animals' drivel from a native of the country that thinks murdering a defenceless animal - aka bullfighting - is entertainment.

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 8th 2007 at 12:49 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:41 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a link?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.