why did we do it?

Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

karyncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud of
Smile why did we do it?

We moved back to the uk from NY last May and since then its been arse.
I had trouble finding work and now have a minimum wage 9-5 with miserable complaining brits, I have a court summons for not paying council tax (after rent and tax i will be left with 80 pounds for bill,food and travel a month), I wanted to go to college and found out Im now an international student (i only left for 5 years!) Im not allowed my cats in my damp dark flat that I spent a year getting certificates for and paid nearly $2000 to bring back and the weathers horrible.
now ive remembered why I was so happy to leave in the first place.
Next stop, Spain!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why did we do it?

Originally Posted by karyncake View Post
I had trouble finding work and now have a minimum wage 9-5 with miserable complaining brits, I have a court summons for not paying council tax (after rent and tax i will be left with 80 pounds for bill,food and travel a month), I wanted to go to college and found out Im now an international student (i only left for 5 years!) Im not allowed my cats in my damp dark flat that I spent a year getting certificates for and paid nearly $2000 to bring back and the weathers horrible.
Next stop, Spain!

good luck. i have had nothing but good fortune since i have been back, knuckled down and got on with it. nothing will ever be as bad as my time in oz.

snow tomorrow. doh!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:51 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Next stop, Spain!
Why do you think 1 in 3 wants to get out of there ?
Did you honestly think its still GREAT Britain ?
However i will add Spain is a good choice no whining Brits , council taxes about 100 euros a year , they love cats , weathers always mild even when it rains it has a warmth about it ,
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
However i will add Spain is a good choice no whining Brits , council taxes about 100 euros a year , they love cats , weathers always mild even when it rains it has a warmth about it ,

good luck to u as well. its still GREAT to me thank you
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

all I can say is It's my HOME
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by psb182 View Post
all I can say is It's my HOME
It can't be any worse than this hole.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT View Post
It can't be any worse than this hole.
Where are you referring to?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Where are you referring to?
Eh? No, I'm referring to Adelaide, Australia!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT View Post
Eh? No, I'm referring to Adelaide, Australia!
That's OK then.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Hello Big Pete,

We live in Costa Blanca South, in Torrevieja & Orihuela Costa, believe me THERE are many WHINING Brits, but also a lot of HAPPY ones.

Council taxes are more than 100 euros a year depending on where you live. There are many different taxes in Spain.

Weather at the moment is sunny during the day (don't know about tomorrow) but very chilly at night.

The houses have no insulation, so don't keep the heat in.

The rain, well it can come down in torrents, & the drains can't cope with it.

BUT the spring, summer & some of the following months are brilliant.

On a final note, the cost of living is going up, unfortunately.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, but we love it here. (I do get homesick for London at times, & definitely M&S food hall)

Lastly, if you do decide to come to Spain, try to Learn Spanish.

By the way, we are both senior citizens & are learning Spanish, very difficult when you are older, but the Spanish are lovely, warm people & will always do their best to help you.

Once again we love it here.

Wendy x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Spain is full of whining Brits, also Spain has the one of the worst reputations for cruelty to animals, there is only a small minority who care, lot's and lot's of cats and dogs are just dumped on the side of the road or in bins, they are on a par with Greece

But the weather is good
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Sucked in by the hype?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:45 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, puhleeeze! Get a clue.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

It's raining in Torrevieja, Costa Blanca South, & it is not a warm rain, in fact it's chilly. But not like the UK where they have snow.

Going back to bed to get warm.

Wendy x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Next stop, Spain!
hi..i feel for you!!!
people coming back to the UK need to know its not the place now they left years ago.its the pits now!!..last year i was on my arse i couldnt find work as a joiner as i was being under cut by the eastern europens tradesmen.and this is happening all over with driffrent trades and jobs.With another 2 million excepted in the next year..ie: romainia,bulgaria..these people dnt have comitments like morgages ect im all for people making better lifes...but a what cost??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.