why did we do it?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all
Default Re: why did we do it?

Originally Posted by gruffbrown View Post
Have you got a link?
listen folks!!! i dont hate the uk.. i am a proud manc ..i love manchester but i hate what this place is becoming and is now!! and all you people coming back to the uk and think its gunna be like heart beat your gunna get such a shock!!!!. ive worked abroad and lived all over the country and the whole face of the UK is the same. anyone coming back i wish you all the luck in the world.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:03 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippie74 View Post
listen folks!!! i dont hate the uk.. i am a proud manc ..i love manchester but i hate what this place is becoming and is now!! and all you people coming back to the uk and think its gunna be like heart beat your gunna get such a shock!!!!. ive worked abroad and lived all over the country and the whole face of the UK is the same. anyone coming back i wish you all the luck in the world.
Cheers, I've already been back for 4 months, it's quite nice isn't it.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Cheers, I've already been back for 4 months, it's quite nice isn't it.
where you living ..i will move next door
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:08 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippie74 View Post
where you living ..i will move next door
Sorry, next door has 20 Polish Builders living there.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

you in manchester aswell!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

As long as they're not all in bed with birds with flu....

Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:27 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Well as many of you will know I've 'done' Spain and believe me it has problems similar to UK. Muggings, robberies, shootings, murders all exist there too. We came home as the children weren't settling and are happy to be back in the UK with it's warts and all.

Our grass is now greener and although we are now poorer for our move we can appreciate what we had and what we gave away and find it difficult to understand where we were at before we left.

I'm lucky and have landed a great job, OH is not working yet and is going down a different career path, one he maybe should have done instead of moving to Spain. Having said that we would have always wondered 'what if' and it was something we had to try.

We made lots of friends, both Spanish and English and learned a lot about ourselves in our year there. Things are quite difficult at the moment picking up the pieces but we are all pulling together and getting there, hopefully we can buy a house of our own very soon.

If you are contemplating Spain then please do your homework and it is important to be able to speak the language in order to get anywhere fast. The simplest paperwork is a mammoth task in Spain. Taxes are high, housing is expensive, electric isn't cheap by anymeans and telephone and internet are more expensive than here....and wages are low. If you are retired and have no children life is easier.

And on a final note.......we have a cat in Spain that we never contemplated having to bring to the UK. We found her as a kitten being chased by a dog, she was skin and bone and filthy. We took her in and cared for her and kept her. When we knew we had to come back we had her chipped and vaccinated and started on her Pet Passport, no way were we leaving her there. We were lucky in finding someone who offered to look after her until the 6 months passed and she could come into the UK. So, we paid the Vet cash up front for everything, provided all she needed with her 'minder', including money for food/litter etc. We've written and telephoned regularly and have her journey booked for the beginnng of May. We may have a struggle on our hands when the time comes as her 'minder' now wants to keep her, but we all miss her so much that no way can that happen and she is coming to us.

This forum is so helpful for anyone moving back, and it so pi**es me off when those who are quite happy with their lot have to poke their noses in and start picking on people and raving on their soapboxes about how great their life is. Butt out and let those who are back or trying to get back get on with supporting each other and if your happy where you are then I'm truly happy for you because it must be lovely to have moved and found true happiness.

Sparkle
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite View Post
Well as many of you will know I've 'done' Spain and believe me it has problems similar to UK. Muggings, robberies, shootings, murders all exist there too. We came home as the children weren't settling and are happy to be back in the UK with it's warts and all.

Our grass is now greener and although we are now poorer for our move we can appreciate what we had and what we gave away and find it difficult to understand where we were at before we left.

I'm lucky and have landed a great job, OH is not working yet and is going down a different career path, one he maybe should have done instead of moving to Spain. Having said that we would have always wondered 'what if' and it was something we had to try.

We made lots of friends, both Spanish and English and learned a lot about ourselves in our year there. Things are quite difficult at the moment picking up the pieces but we are all pulling together and getting there, hopefully we can buy a house of our own very soon.

If you are contemplating Spain then please do your homework and it is important to be able to speak the language in order to get anywhere fast. The simplest paperwork is a mammoth task in Spain. Taxes are high, housing is expensive, electric isn't cheap by anymeans and telephone and internet are more expensive than here....and wages are low. If you are retired and have no children life is easier.

And on a final note.......we have a cat in Spain that we never contemplated having to bring to the UK. We found her as a kitten being chased by a dog, she was skin and bone and filthy. We took her in and cared for her and kept her. When we knew we had to come back we had her chipped and vaccinated and started on her Pet Passport, no way were we leaving her there. We were lucky in finding someone who offered to look after her until the 6 months passed and she could come into the UK. So, we paid the Vet cash up front for everything, provided all she needed with her 'minder', including money for food/litter etc. We've written and telephoned regularly and have her journey booked for the beginnng of May. We may have a struggle on our hands when the time comes as her 'minder' now wants to keep her, but we all miss her so much that no way can that happen and she is coming to us.

This forum is so helpful for anyone moving back, and it so pi**es me off when those who are quite happy with their lot have to poke their noses in and start picking on people and raving on their soapboxes about how great their life is. Butt out and let those who are back or trying to get back get on with supporting each other and if your happy where you are then I'm truly happy for you because it must be lovely to have moved and found true happiness.

Sparkle
good post..hope thing work out for you!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ling&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really niceLing&Buzz is just really nice

Originally Posted by thunderbird65 View Post
good luck. i have had nothing but good fortune since i have been back, knuckled down and got on with it. nothing will ever be as bad as my time in oz.

snow tomorrow. doh!!
I'm just about to go to ozz and i would be very interested in what was so bad over there it wont stop me going but might help me know what to look out for.

Buzz
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sean1811 View Post
Not just Manchester. Im less than 20 miles from london, so many immigrants here, I sat with a mate in a local cafe, we were the only ones speaking English. London Councils paying 50K to immigrants to get out of london n settle in surrounds areas, which are seeing a large increase in crime. We even have shops in the local town with no whites signs on the window. I agree that other countries have immigrants and issues, but it does seem that UK has a very large amount, and nothing is being done for the Englishman.

I'll await for the onslaught of replies now......
No whites sign's are as racist as no blacks sign's.
Take photos and report them, it is against the law.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:39 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ling&Buzz View Post
I'm just about to go to ozz and i would be very interested in what was so bad over there it wont stop me going but might help me know what to look out for.

Buzz
Is it the 30-minute argument or the full-out war you are looking for? If you search around you'll find plenty of posts, not too far back, that answer your question. Just search for "Oz" in the MBTTUK board.

All of the "What's wrong with Oz?" stuff is ruining this board.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:32 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SonicBird View Post
Hey Chippie,

Mate, you've come on the wrong part of the forum to slag off England.. nobody here will hear a bad word said against the UK.. it's all "roses round the door", "beautiful countryside", "historical buildings" and "traditional olde english............. " (fill in the missing word)

People think you're lying when you tell them that there's 20 or more Polish/Eastern Europeans living in a 1 or or 2 bed flat.. Why would I make that up.. oh, yeah, because apparently, I read the Daily Mail???? Tory shite!

Anyway, I've sent you a tin hat and a shovel ... best get diggin.. find your way to another forum, where your comments won't offend the Brits!!

Hope you get where you're going... good luck!
Sonic x
I think you'll find people who have actually moved back are very clear on thepros and cons of being back. I have dual citizenship, and choose to be here now. We like Australia, well Sydney. In fact only Sydney really. We like the weather there, mostly, and the general social climate. But the fact remains, and will always remain even if we return, that there are more interesting things to see and do within a 4 hour car drive in the UK than within a 4 hour flight in Australia. Still, most of us who return like both countries, and we trade a degree of boredom (a lot in the Sunshine Coast ) for a degree of stress, and vice versa. It's only people like you that don't get that and can't see past your own arrogance.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:37 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thunderbird65 View Post
DRIVEL and more drivel. I spent plenty time in Oz didnt think it better than the uk.

I seen sh*tholes there and here in uk. foreigners I met nearly all working, some asylum seekers but we had em live near us in Perth from somalia, ripped off the petrol stations all the time. you are so biased against the uk i suspect you arnt entirely sure that moving from the uk is the right thing for u

yes I am a trained therapist too.
I'm not sure you can be biased "against" something... I've never said I hated the UK.. I've said that it's not all roses round the door and birds singing in the trees... I have said before it's a great country that's being run into the ground, by President Bliar (not that's not a typo) and 'Europe'.. The place is shot to bits, which is a real shame.. And yes, I am aware that Australia has it's problems.

If I need therapy, I'll find my own, no psychoanalysis needed from you thanks.

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw View Post
I think it's this sort of crap that people object to, not the slagging off of the UK. We all know the UK has faults, but just cos you had a sh1t life there doesn't mean we all do. Why can't you just leave each to their own? This is 'moving back to the UK' after all.

As for beautiful countryside, old buildings, etc., why do you have a problem with that? These things exists, just as much as Polish immigrants, traffic congestion and rain.
Sorry, but I'd like to correct you on something, I didn't have "a shit life in the UK", as you put it. I had the best job in world, as far as I'm concerned! Had my own house, good money.. but I had the opportunity to live somewhere else, and I thought if I didn't take it, I'd always regret it. I just get hacked off with folk on here saying how marvellous and terrific the UK is, when not everybody living there is having a great time.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 9th 2007 at 11:14 am. Reason: racist links removed
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird View Post
[
Sorry, but I'd like to correct you on something, I didn't have "a shit life in the UK", as you put it. I had the best job in world, as far as I'm concerned! Had my own house, good money.. but I had the opportunity to live somewhere else, and I thought if I didn't take it, I'd always regret it. I just get hacked off with folk on here saying how marvellous and terrific the UK is, when not everybody living there is having a great time.
OK, if people saying nice things about the UK p1sses you off, why the hell do you hang out in here? What did you expect to find in this part of the forum?

So you admit you had a great life in the UK, but in a show of support for those less advantaged than yourself, you'd like us all to stop talking about how great the UK is. What, in case it offends people? Are you some PC-loony? I presume on your logic, your next stop is the Oz forum to tell people that there are others having a really bad time of it in Australia, and could they therefore stop posting nice things about Australia.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:50 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz View Post
I think you'll find people who have actually moved back are very clear on thepros and cons of being back. I have dual citizenship, and choose to be here now. We like Australia, well Sydney. In fact only Sydney really. We like the weather there, mostly, and the general social climate. But the fact remains, and will always remain even if we return, that there are more interesting things to see and do within a 4 hour car drive in the UK than within a 4 hour flight in Australia. Still, most of us who return like both countries, and we trade a degree of boredom (a lot in the Sunshine Coast ) for a degree of stress, and vice versa. It's only people like you that don't get that and can't see past your own arrogance.
I think that this is a bit of a joke lol 4 hours in England on the motorway just about covers the whole country !! But i can guarantee you could go 8 hours and not find the coastline and sunshine to match Australia ..

Regarding calling the original poster which this was aimmed at arrogant ! This is vindictive as they have in my opinion a very valid point as it appears that Those in OZ or USA are so sad with there lot that all they want to hear is that England is this wonderful paradise place with super jobs , cheap housing , first rate health care , the kids call you sir and madaam and all trundle of to school in there clean and pressed school uniforms , every English person loves mixing with all race and religions , indeed even have street parties with a bring a bottle theme in the glorious countryside with everyone happy , in the warmth of the evening sun whilst looking down at the lush green forest by the lake.
Every one only needs to work 30 hours a week and has 3 holidays a year and you dont ever need to lock your house in a nutshell paradise island.

On the other side the coin the Spanish expats rarely jump in and defend Uk i wonder why ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.