Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why Australia has the most unhappy immigrants.

Why Australia has the most unhappy immigrants.

Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:47 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Australia has the most unhappy immigrants.

Originally Posted by livinginwa
disagree, i think its because they aren't really committed to moving away for good, and its easier to go back "home"

i know unhappy aussies who have moved states, so it depends on your expectations, first thing I hear pommies talk about is houses, property etc,,,,

not about setting themselves up for work, settling down, and how to get the best lifestyle and finding the happy medium with a balance of affordability and a great working life...

brits are greedy people on the whole...
and the internet prevents you getting on with your life..

just my say and thoughts..
Disagree, found the ossies much more selfish and materialistic.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

this is what im getting at, moving overseas you build massive expectations up, when they dont match, you punish yourself and reject the place.....

Believe me done it and got the tee-shirt.

I have to ask you what is a dream? mine is to win $15 million on the lottery and give it away to charity, but when i get i know I wont......

Id look what is in perth and WA, its a fantastic place, if you dont like it, leave, WA wont miss you at all. I know it sounds cruel but honestly just go, it will be the best thing you can do, is move on,

Since I been here I love it, and I take it all as it comes, I come on this bit to find out what is wrong with the place, but its not the place its the people...

Originally Posted by kez81
i think the problem with australia is the way it is hyped up too be something its not i came over with so much unrealistic expectations about this place i now realise it aint happening!!

My hubby in the other hands keeps telling me to give it time is 3 yrs not time enough , i wish he would get his head out the clouds and realise

My cousin died this morning of cancer aged just 34 this is another thing that makes me want to live my life to the max and not wait about for the dream!!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Disagree, found the ossies much more selfish and materialistic.
really, is there any aussies in WA,
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

but you did reply,

not as laughable as that patio set you got for sale, you can get that in K Mart for half the price your selling it at..... is that greed? I ask....

I am not british now, I am Australian.

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What you've just said is laughable so doesn't deserve a reply, but I am interested in whether you are a Brit or not, as in most of your very few posts, you are slagging off the British.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaah, says it all then. Haven't you heard the saying "You can tell an Aussie anywhere. You just can't tell him anything!"

You're welcome to your fly infested sand-pit. Some of us are heading home to our beautiful Mother-Ship!!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

ah ah,

sheez, thats a bit nasty, there must be a few flights a day from where you are, its easy get your credit card and book a one way ticket, what is hard in that, the time and effort we all spend spouting nonsense on here could be used actually working and getting paid.

Those flies are my best mates and the sand, perfect.

whats even more perfect today, the shops are shut, and Im off snorkling in a few hours......could reach 32 deg c today, another boring day in dullsville.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:13 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

whats even more perfect today, the shops are shut, and Im off snorkling in a few hours......could reach 32 deg c today, another boring day in dullsville.
You said it!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

not as laughable as that patio set you got for sale, you can get that in K Mart for half the price your selling it at..... is that greed? I ask....

Oh Bog Off!!!

I have to ask you what is a dream? mine is to win $15 million on the lottery and give it away to charity, but when i get i know I wont......

Sounds like that greed you keep preaching on about.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

sheez, thats a bit nasty, there must be a few flights a day from where you are, its easy get your credit card and book a one way ticket, what is hard in that, the time and effort we all spend spouting nonsense on here could be used actually working and getting paid.

Those flies are my best mates and the sand, perfect.

Wonderful, I'm sure everyone is ecstatic that you are so happy here. Truly. But what's that got to do with this thread?

If it were as simple as just leaving I would be on a plane now, however for a lot on here that would involve leaving husbands, wives or children behind and life ain't that simple!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

but you did reply,

If you were born in the UK you will always be British no matter what the passport says.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=livinginwa;

I am not british now, I am Australian.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, the worst people you can ever come across in oz are the Brits who are calling themselves Bruce before they've even got of the plane. So funny
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Wonderful, I'm sure everyone is ecstatic that you are so happy here. Truly. But what's that got to do with this thread?

If it were as simple as just leaving I would be on a plane now, however for a lot on here that would involve leaving husbands, wives or children behind and life ain't that simple!
Exactly. Some people need to stop and think because for some of us it's not as easy as just getting on a plane.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:31 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is what im getting at, moving overseas you build massive expectations up, when they dont match, you punish yourself and reject the place.....

Believe me done it and got the tee-shirt.

Id look what is in perth and WA, its a fantastic place, if you dont like it, leave, WA wont miss you at all. I know it sounds cruel but honestly just go, it will be the best thing you can do, is move on,

Since I been here I love it, and I take it all as it comes, I come on this bit to find out what is wrong with the place, but its not the place its the people...
People like you really give me the shits honestly i wish it was as easy to LEAVE!!! My situation is hubby likes it i dont dislike it but do prefer home i miss my family and think if they were here it would be different!!!

Just because you LOVE it please dont give us that dont a hard time I hope you continue to love it and so does the rest of your family and you never end up feeling the way i do you really dont understand so why post on this part of the forum!!!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Geee gads... here we go again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nup, cant be arsed its Sunday....

**** door slams****

Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

hey believe me been down this road before, lived in Aus for a few years, I struggled and went backt to UKistan like a mard arse....

funny thing is, when i got back to Ukistan, I hated that place too, cold wet dull, all bad news, worked more than ever just really struggled to get along with matters.

All my family and friends had moved, saw them more in the years I was here than the 18 months I was back in Ukistan.
Seriously though I know what your going through for me going back was the best thing, I realised why I wanted to leave in the first place.

I am struggling here financially but I am making i work, I call this my home, and cut the umbilical cord to UKistan...

I post here to share my views good or bad

Originally Posted by kez81
People like you really give me the shits honestly i wish it was as easy to LEAVE!!! My situation is hubby likes it i dont dislike it but do prefer home i miss my family and think if they were here it would be different!!!

Just because you LOVE it please dont give us that dont a hard time I hope you continue to love it and so does the rest of your family and you never end up feeling the way i do you really dont understand so why post on this part of the forum!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.