St. Patrick's Day..

Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Patrick's Day..

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Wasn't St. Patrick an evangelical Christian missionary who used the shamrock to illustrate the concept of the trinity??... and he wasn't even Irish - he was taken from Wales as a slave when he was 16 yrs old.
Yes ... by all accounts he was all that - and wanted to return to Ireland to bring Christianity to the pagans.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:30 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Wasn't St. Patrick an evangelical Christian missionary who used the shamrock to illustrate the concept of the trinity??... and he wasn't even Irish - he was taken from Wales as a slave when he was 16 yrs old.
Now if he had used the Reliant Robin to illustrate the trinity, we would have had some amazing parades...

http://www.dn.no/multimedia/archive/...bin_82946g.jpg

A Welsh slave in Ireland eh ? So how come the Welsh don't hate the Irish for that ? I guess their resentments are all used up on the Saxons...or they blame the English for capturing him and selling him - they will blame us somehow

I found out I had a great grandma Bevan from the Welsh borders recently - and a great granddad Micky Casson fugitive sheep thief from Dublin too

I blame their celtic genes for my imperfect toenail as the rest is Norse/Saxon and ticking along quite nicely
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:00 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Yes ... by all accounts he was all that - and wanted to return to Ireland to bring Christianity to the pagans.
So he is indirectly responsible for Pastor Swaggart, crespo dollar etc

Jeez they should have left him in Wales to stew his leeks
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:41 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
When we went to Riverdance last month, there were NO llamas.:curse:

Oddly enough there was a Spanish girl who did a couple (modified) flamenco numbers, and a couple black guys who did a hell of a tapdance. Didn't know Ireland had either.
That's because the Riverdance show is more a celebration of noisy shoes than of Ireland, really.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
That's because the Riverdance show is more a celebration of noisy shoes than of Ireland, really.
I know, it makes me tap my toes and dance,
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I know, it makes me tap my toes and dance,
Irish dancing is for people with rag arms and pointy toes
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:56 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
Irish dancing is for people with rag arms and pointy toes
Ah, you're just jealous.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:14 pm
Banned

Ah, you're just jealous.
I think Irish women are the most beautiful in the world (the green eyed black haired variety) but the Irish are so...

well like a drugged racehorse with wild eyes or a startled hare ... their control systems are not like us icy norse/saxons and anything can happen

A German /Irish cross would be best - but with my luck I would get German looks with an Irish brain
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:17 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I think Irish women are the most beautiful in the world (the green eyed black haired variety) but the Irish are so...

well like a drugged racehorse with wild eyes or a startled hare ... their control systems are not like us icy norse/saxons and anything can happen

A German /Irish cross would be best - but with my luck I would get German looks with an Irish brain
Enough Viking blood in Ireland, ESPECIALLY around Dublin.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Enough Viking blood in Ireland, ESPECIALLY around Dublin.
Thems the gingers

had 2 of them

got the scars to prove it

Trouble with the green eyes/black hair jobbies is that they go nuts on credit cards

cant win
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:38 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Loud they were! Damn near needed earplugs there. 2000 people (99.9% Anglo...a real oddity here in B'ham) clapping like thunder for the Spainsh dancer- and you could still hear Mrs. IP's "Olé" at the top of her lungs after the Flamenco number!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ironporer
Loud they were! Damn near needed earplugs there. 2000 people (99.9% Anglo...a real oddity here in B'ham) clapping like thunder for the Spainsh dancer- and you could still hear Mrs. IP's "Olé" at the top of her lungs after the Flamenco number!
I love FLAMENCO

there is always a sinewy old bird with overly black eye makeup doing the lead and a couple of young chicks with top chubbies on display backing her up

When the old boiler flashes her eyes and stamps, you know she's been there and done it and the emotion has some power behind it

Its just wonderful
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
When is St. Rushman's Day?
EVERYDAY!!!!

Haven't forgotten your rising hope BTW.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
EVERYDAY!!!!

Haven't forgotten your rising hope BTW.
Good lad!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

LOL well how about that for racial profiling!! I can be both excitable but normally clam and controlled. Guess all I need now are some green contact lenses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.