St. Patrick's Day..

Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Patrick's Day..

Originally Posted by Chasity
Sorry but I don't need a designated day to do my drinking. All this nonsense about "Everybody is Irish on the 17th" and weak drinkers who can barely hold their ale on any other day now guzzling cheap green pints and acting like idiots. I had a good scoop last night and tonight I'll be in front of the TV, far away from all the pissheads and idiots on the roads killing themselves.

St Patrick would be rolling in his grave if he could see how his patron day has become a shitty, Hallmark-endorsed drunkfest for the socially inept sheep of society.
Agreed.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
That Bridget Jones book was pretty good.
Yes, both times.

I'm starting to rethink Austen though. They're all about catching a husband.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:01 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Yes, both times.

I'm starting to rethink Austen though. They're all about catching a husband.

catching him doing what ?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:03 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
catching him doing what ?
Being unmarried. It was illegal back then.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:13 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Being unmarried. It was illegal back then.
Well they used to book in as Mr and Mrs Smith instead

It's a better work-around than getting married just for some rumpy

Even William the conqueror was illegimate

I think that's the reason he was known as William the bast*** Duke of Normandy, but there again he could have been mean with his raises or allowed his dog to go on next door's lawn
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:41 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
That pussy is dead, move on.

That is interesting about the guard llamas; I've heard they are fierce (meercat fierce!). We have a couple of coyotes that trot thru here late at night, but I don't think I can keep a llama in the city.
Do you think chickens would do the trick? Because we can have up to three hens. My neighbor has some in her front yard that are labeled Hens for Obama.
There are llamas guarding goats at a goat farm about an hour's drive from where I live. There's about three llamas, maybe more. I'm not sure who's the predator? I'm sure there's no coyotes near Siler City, NC.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:43 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
There's a guy behind me who has been slurping like a mother****er for the past couple of weeks and I swear I'm going to ****ing insert a large broomstick into his rectum.

It's driving me farking nuts.

Slurping kills.
Give him back his dentures and there will be peace again!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:47 am
Banned

I heard that blonde girls with blue eyes should not wear red lipstick unless they want to look like the flag. A gay guy said it and I believe him.

Americans may undervalue Brits but Brits seem to hate our guts for no tangible reason - so I guess all is fair or unfair. How would you have Americans behave differently? What would satisfy the level of value that you believe the British are deserving of?

FWIW, I'm not wearing green and its pretty much written that I won't be drinking any green beer. If anybody pinches me (without my permission) I'll garrote them. I can't say that I am an ardent devotee of the Irish but two of my favorite contemporary writers are Irish. I can't say any newer British writers have moved me but nothing tops what you guys did so well for so long.
Well any animosity between the British and the Americans was started by general Tojo and A Hitler so we can blame them. My dad was fighting in the Burmese jungle and they were getting bombarded with leaflets by the Japanese. The leaflets said that all the British men were overseas and 2 million young American men were in the UK and there was shananigins (Irish word) going on

Now obviously the American troops would respect their hosts too much to take advantage of a situation like that, but some of the British soldiers who didnt know how wholesome American troops are, were inclined to believe it. Hence the lingering aggro...

reparations ? well it should be both ways. The US would declare St George's day a public holiday and the British would adopt the US dollar as their currency and both would forge a common market with mobility of jobs and population.

The senate would dress like this on George's day >

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4...templar2bl.jpg

and the House of Commons would dress like this on Presidents day
Attached Thumbnails St. Patrick's Day..-charles-honest-injun.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:28 pm
WTF?

Well any animosity between the British and the Americans was started by general Tojo and A Hitler so we can blame them. My dad was fighting in the Burmese jungle and they were getting bombarded with leaflets by the Japanese. The leaflets said that all the British men were overseas and 2 million young American men were in the UK and there was shananigins (Irish word) going on

Now obviously the American troops would respect their hosts too much to take advantage of a situation like that, but some of the British soldiers who didnt know how wholesome American troops are, were inclined to believe it. Hence the lingering aggro...

reparations ? well it should be both ways. The US would declare St George's day a public holiday and the British would adopt the US dollar as their currency and both would forge a common market with mobility of jobs and population.

The senate would dress like this on George's day >

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4...templar2bl.jpg

and the House of Commons would dress like this on Presidents day

What is it with the Knights Templar these days?!?! They're everywhere. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one of the cheeky bastards.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:12 pm
Banned

What is it with the Knights Templar these days?!?! They're everywhere. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one of the cheeky bastards.
The knights Templar were formed to hunt down people who swing dead cats and cleanse the world of such deviants

I am off to see the Templar's Church in London in June

It's dedicated to our lady of the top cat and everyone wears tails and eats cat food and claims cat ancestry on Templar day which occurs on the 17th June every year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Church
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:00 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:19 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The knights Templar were formed to hunt down people who swing dead cats and cleanse the world of such deviants

I am off to see the Templar's Church in London in June

It's dedicated to our lady of the top cat and everyone wears tails and eats cat food and claims cat ancestry on Templar day which occurs on the 17th June every year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Church
Whew!! Thank God I was there in August. I only had my penguin getup.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:46 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

What I dont get is that the Americans got so much more from the English /British than ever they did from the Irish - so why no St George's day Parades ?

America got it's language and law and culture (er -hum) from England/Britain and even the 13 stripes on the flag represent the British colonies ( a lot of sites call them the 'American colonies')

St Patrick's day either celebrates Irish nationalism or catholicism and that's fine for either of those groups , but why foist it on the world ? Irish nationalism this week means the murder of two young British soldiers who were in civvies and buying a pizza, and the murder of an Northern Irish policeman who was due to retire soon. Not a good week to raise my glass to Irish nationalism.

Anyway it's only one day but I am staying in. My motorcycle group invited me to decorate my bike green and ride in the parade. When I stated my reasons for not wanting to, they removed my post. Free speech indeed.

How come the Irish can parade up and down with Irish flags drums and bagpipes and everything written in gaelic, but the English are told to become 100% American or go home ?

Agree with 100% of that.
I'm glad and proud that you had the courage to stand up to your MC group for what you believe in too.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:22 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't St. Patrick an evangelical Christian missionary who used the shamrock to illustrate the concept of the trinity??... and he wasn't even Irish - he was taken from Wales as a slave when he was 16 yrs old.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Good news: I get to keep my job
Bad news: I'll need to disown the Queen.. no dual citizenship allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.