Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:20 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by sans
On the news tonite.....They were interviewing a guy from Sri-Lanka, he's lived in the UK for 17yrs and owns his own shop.

He's so proud of being in the UK he flys the british flag from his house and has one on his car.......
He has decided that anyone who comes into his shop, that carn't speak English will not get served He also said that if they carn't speak the Language or read it then they should not be allowed in the country haha

Bless!!! Some obviously were not very impressed by this lols
Sounds like a good future candidate for the BNP.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:20 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
The EU has a policy of letting in people with skills as well, its just the same as other places. It lets in unskilled labour when needed just like other places as well. The process is almost identical to what you describe in Aus (quotas excepted though) but that is it, the only other difference is that the EU has very porous borders with Aus doesn`t hence people can more easily arrive un-noticed.

When people emigrate to Canada or Aus they go to the big cities because that is where the work and opportunities are and its just the same here in the EU. In the EU`s case though, they gravitate to the richer economies such as the UK or Germany............Why waste your time in Spain, Portugal or Greece working your butt of for nothing when greater opportunities abound in northern europe, pretty obvious really.

People don`t arrive to their new country with hate filled mindsand I`m sure you don`t believe that, unless they were hateful when they were in their own countries or terrorists trying to infiltrate the country etc its totally an ilogical statement to make. Also the statement about coming with criminal minds this is another silly remark.

The reason that the UK will take longer to recover has nothing to do with immigrants and that is a very weak argument............more to do with the UK economy connected strongly to that of the USA and the sterling situation. What makes you so certain that many other countries will be making a recovery in 3 months? highly unlikely.

Its pretty obvious that these children that don`t speak English in school will DO SO in the very near future...........Do you really think they are going to grow up in the UK speaking only Somali, Russian, Hindi and Kurdish etc

I agree with some of your points Joules but people are arriving in the UK having never known anything other than a criminal or battle ravaged environment. Some of the young men are filled with rage and anger and they bring it with them when they arrive in the UK. I have seen it first hand and since their arrival knife crime has rocketed. I left the UK just as the Damiola Taylor hit the headlines. I was annoyed when it was splashed all over the UK press about how a crime ridden Britain had failed to protect a little boy who's African parents had sent him to the UK to get a free education???: It was the hatred of his own race that murdered him. Nothing to do with crime ridden Britain. It's got much worse since then.

As far as schooling goes, yes of course, years from now, we will all be a coffee coloured race and probably all speak the same language but you have to be experiencing or have experienced the situation where the British tax payer has paid for their child to receive an education. If they cannot be taught the fundamentals in the UK classroom because the teachers time is taken up trying to communicate with non English speaking children, how is that fair? And where does it leave the British student who has an equal right to excel in the classroom and in the workplace later in life? It's this inequity that is making the British abandon their own country.

I do not believe the Brits or myself for that matter are embittered or angry at the immigrants moving into the UK. What it comes down to is fairness and justice for everyone but especially the taxpayer because without them, there wouldn't be a much sought after Britain. Plus there needs to a better selection of the immigrant so when they arrive into the UK, we have a majority who can and will contribute to the economy creating wealth and opportunities with a minority who can be trained to make their contribution as well sustaining and supporting a further minority who need the more urgent assistance.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:24 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

And yes it is linked with the eastern europeans, knife crime was something very rarely heard of in the UK......The Brits dont need weapons, they have fists........Or the occasional bottle
The reason they use knives is because guns are not so easily available.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:25 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

So you think knife crime now is linked with eastern european and african immigrants? They got in because of labour shortages as nobody really wants to do the shit shovelling work that`s always available, others as family renunion emigration and refugee status etc
Yes I do! I've lived in England 45 years. Knife crime was NEVER an issue until migrants made it one. As Sans points out, mostly we use our fists and out tongues. Think I can bear witness to this.

You have to have a good balance of skilled and moneyed migrants to create prosperity in a country otherwise it cannot sustain itself. Take Australia and Britain now.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:26 pm
Banned

I'm all fired up, hot and raring to go now so I'm off to work. Bye all. Be nice to each other and no talking about me when i've gone.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

What do you think to that Cricket then Jules ??
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:32 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Diggler
Give me time as I have to think out my responses, translate them to English and then double check that its fairly readable for the viewing masses, for this reason I can`t respond as quick as I like.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Diggler
Aha, caught ya!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:34 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

I found it funny...........But he either very brave or very stupid and wants to be watching his back now, after broadcasting it on the national news
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be silly. There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep England English. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any immigrant to any country. However, you choose to move to a particular country then I feel it should be compulsory to learn the language and live predominantly under the customs and law of that country. I think the BNP would rather they didn't live here at all, there is a huge difference.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

I found it funny...........But he either very brave or very stupid and wants to be watching his back now, after broadcasting it on the national news
Probably both but think this strikes at the core of what we were talking about earlier i.e political correctness killing reasoned debate. I will be very interested to see the consequences of taking such a stance, will it be different to if it were an English white shopkeeper ? Whether or not I agree with him is irrelevent, all I want to see is everyone being treated the same.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:42 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by cricket1
Yes I do! I've lived in England 45 years. Knife crime was NEVER an issue until migrants made it one. As Sans points out, mostly we use our fists and out tongues. Think I can bear witness to this.

You have to have a good balance of skilled and moneyed migrants to create prosperity in a country otherwise it cannot sustain itself. Take Australia and Britain now.
Nobody will argue with that and in general the EU has, which is why people want to come here.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:46 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by northernbird
Don't be silly. There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep England English. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any immigrant to any country. However, you choose to move to a particular country then I feel it should be compulsory to learn the language and live predominantly under the customs and law of that country. I think the BNP would rather they didn't live here at all, there is a huge difference.
Given the fact that 1 in 7 schoolchildren don`t speak English the BNP in the future, may well see diminishing numbers and may well have to recruit a couple of Kurdish and Somali speakers to boost fall membership. Stranger things have happened.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:48 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

The reason they use knives is because guns are not so easily available.
Your right Jewels they are not easily available and never have been...So whats your point

When i was in my teens we had the skin heads haha they didn't use knifes or guns.......They used bog chains

In the 80's we had punks.they didn't use knifes or guns......they used safty pins
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:49 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Tricia
Probably both but think this strikes at the core of what we were talking about earlier i.e political correctness killing reasoned debate. I will be very interested to see the consequences of taking such a stance, will it be different to if it were an English white shopkeeper ? Whether or not I agree with him is irrelevent, all I want to see is everyone being treated the same.
I wonder if he turns away non english speaking tourists?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.