Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:49 am
  #211  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
because she quoted you as a reference from a debate that took place some time ago.
No i didn't say Diggler was in that debate.......Go back and re-read
sans is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:49 am
  #212  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Tricia
'aware'
= Paranoia
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:55 am
  #213  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 183
Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
= Paranoia
Too wide a subject to narrow in to one word such as paranoia, some issues that people are more aware of = paranoia, certainly, plenty of others such as political correctness, as just one example, don't.
Tricia is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:56 am
  #214  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 336
Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe

I for one haven`t advocated the do gooders either as referenced earlier.
I know mate.
Diggler is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:10 am
  #215  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Tricia
Too wide a subject to narrow in to one word such as paranoia, some issues that people are more aware of = paranoia, certainly, plenty of others such as political correctness, as just one example, don't.
I mentioned the word Paranoia because since the beginning of this century it has become very relevant to modern day living, people paranoid about crime, bombs, immigrants, personal freedoms being eroded etc. I blame the fall of the Soviet Union for much of this, because when they were around you had a real enemy to focus on.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:18 am
  #216  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 183
Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

[QUOTE=Jules Europe;7397684 people paranoid about crime, bombs, immigrants, personal freedoms being eroded etc. I blame the fall of the Soviet Union for much of this, because when they were around you had a real enemy to focus on.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I get your point now but paranoia suggests extreme or unjustified fears, unfortunately the fears are possibly extreme but definitely justified in the context of crime, bombs, immigrants, personal freedoms etc as these things have actually happened. I guess in that case I'll have to call it a 'half paranoia'
Tricia is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:26 am
  #217  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Tricia
Ahh, I get your point now but paranoia suggests extreme or unjustified fears, unfortunately the fears are possibly extreme but definitely justified in the context of crime, bombs, immigrants, personal freedoms etc as these things have actually happened. I guess in that case I'll have to call it a 'half paranoia'
It also means blowing fears out of proportion and admittedly half of something is better than a whole of nothing.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:13 am
  #218  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,769
cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
They may well have moved from the UK to get away from all of the immigrants there...............Moving to Australia was obviously a good choice
Australia has got their immigration policy very cleverly organised. They mostly allow in people who are self funding or who have skills. This creates a cycle of prosperity, growth and opportunity. Only yesterday, it was announced that due to the loss of jobs in certain industries, Australia had cut the number of immigrants being allowed in each year. It was also announced that most countries would see a recovery within the next 3 months but not Britain. It would take much longer. Why I ask? Probably because it's carrying the burden of far too many unskilled, uneducated, non English speaking, uneconomically viable people who not only have flooded into Britain to literally steal from the taxpayer but also brought their hatred and criminal minds with them.
I feel sorry for Britain because thanks to the EU, Britain does not get a choice as to who is allowed in the country and by allowing the current situation to continue, it is being bled dry.

When a recession hits, obviously those Brits that need their country to support them during their hour of need are finding that their access to the welfare system is far more limited than the person standing next them in the dole queue who has just arrived in country holding his hand out too.
I can understand why their is a current mood of outright fury and betrayal and it doesn't take a genius to work out what's brought it to the surface. Everyone has gone into survival mode.

Personally I find 1 in 7 children not speaking English as their first language unacceptable because what will happen is that our own British children will become a generation left out and forgotten in the classroom while everyone else gets full on attention. Jobs will be created to help the immigrants children progress while our own children just get left at the back of the class.
My brother's son has seen a special needs teacher twice in 7 years despite needing to see her several times a year. There all far too busy teaching non speaking English children to speak the language but.......those same children grow up preferring to use their own language making the British person a stranger in their own country.

Things must change. Wait till i get home.
cricket1again is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:20 am
  #219  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 336
Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
Australia has got their immigration policy very cleverly organised. They mostly allow in people who are self funding or who have skills. This creates a cycle of prosperity, growth and opportunity. Only yesterday, it was announced that due to the loss of jobs in certain industries, Australia had cut the number of immigrants being allowed in each year. It was also announced that most countries would see a recovery within the next 3 months but not Britain. It would take much longer. Why I ask? Probably because it's carrying the burden of far too many unskilled, uneducated, non English speaking, uneconomically viable people who not only have flooded into Britain to literally steal from the taxpayer but also brought their hatred and criminal minds with them.
I feel sorry for Britain because thanks to the EU, Britain does not get a choice as to who is allowed in the country and by allowing the current situation to continue, it is being bled dry.

When a recession hits, obviously those Brits that need their country to support them during their hour of need are finding that their access to the welfare system is far more limited than the person standing next them in the dole queue who has just arrived in country holding his hand out too.
I can understand why their is a current mood of outright fury and betrayal and it doesn't take a genius to work out what's brought it to the surface. Everyone has gone into survival mode.

Personally I find 1 in 7 children not speaking English as their first language unacceptable because what will happen is that our own British children will become a generation left out and forgotten in the classroom while everyone else gets full on attention. Jobs will be created to help the immigrants children progress while our own children just get left at the back of the class.
My brother's son has seen a special needs teacher twice in 7 years despite needing to see her several times a year. There all far too busy teaching non speaking English children to speak the language but.......those same children grow up preferring to use their own language making the British person a stranger in their own country.

Things must change. Wait till i get home.
Diggler is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:39 am
  #220  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,769
cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

There is quite a good read on this link but it's just a news link so take it with a pinch of salt, however it probably reflects the current situation to some degree.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7737134.stm

Before I left the UK 5 years ago, I lived an idyllic life in a Vicar of Dibley style picturesque village, perfect life, perfect career, just my ideal life really.
10 miles on one side was Northampton. I hated the place. It was dirty, unfriendly, industrial and always had a lot of crime. I think Northamptonshire currently has to highest crime rate in England so things clearly haven't got better. A lot of the current knife crime was just starting with the influx of Eastern Europeans from Sebia and Bosnia as well as Africa and Russia (how did they get in BTW?).
10 miles to the other side of where I lived was the much more civilised and prettier market town of Market Harborough.
If I'm honest, I must have led quite a small life because after MH was Leicester, which was a bit better than Northampton, then Birmingham about which I will repeat Jeremy Clarkson's comments that there has to be a reason why there are only 2 roads in and 10 leading out.

So I lived in my perfect world by surviving in a bubble of the old English life I remember so fondly. I did brave going out via Northampton and Birmingham to go to the much more beautiful scenic areas of Britain as often as work commitments would allow but even then, I hated how Britain was changing into two distinct faces, rural bliss and cultural catastrophe with my own much loved British race not knowing how to react to the absolutely stupid and brainless approach by the Labour government of forcing them all to just accept the country being invaded by a bunch of non educated, non contributing, often unprincipled people who are taking over the British way of life in the worst possible way.

I have often not got involved in all the politics believing that if I just keep my head down, get on with my own life and enjoy what I am doing, it won;t affect me but I am in Australia and I am affected. When i hear the stories of some Brits coming over here now, it does make me angry for my fellow Brits. It's my country! I'm only here on loan to the Aussies.

I think this recession will change much of what needs to change and being an optimist, I believe with the right leadership, God Knows who, Britain will turn around. I really do believe this. Despite the problems with immigration, and the wrong kinds of people entering the country, there are still a huge population of British born people still in Britain.
cricket1again is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:57 am
  #221  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
Australia has got their immigration policy very cleverly organised. They mostly allow in people who are self funding or who have skills. This creates a cycle of prosperity, growth and opportunity. Only yesterday, it was announced that due to the loss of jobs in certain industries, Australia had cut the number of immigrants being allowed in each year. It was also announced that most countries would see a recovery within the next 3 months but not Britain. It would take much longer. Why I ask? Probably because it's carrying the burden of far too many unskilled, uneducated, non English speaking, uneconomically viable people who not only have flooded into Britain to literally steal from the taxpayer but also brought their hatred and criminal minds with them.
I feel sorry for Britain because thanks to the EU, Britain does not get a choice as to who is allowed in the country and by allowing the current situation to continue, it is being bled dry.

When a recession hits, obviously those Brits that need their country to support them during their hour of need are finding that their access to the welfare system is far more limited than the person standing next them in the dole queue who has just arrived in country holding his hand out too.
I can understand why their is a current mood of outright fury and betrayal and it doesn't take a genius to work out what's brought it to the surface. Everyone has gone into survival mode.

Personally I find 1 in 7 children not speaking English as their first language unacceptable because what will happen is that our own British children will become a generation left out and forgotten in the classroom while everyone else gets full on attention. Jobs will be created to help the immigrants children progress while our own children just get left at the back of the class.
My brother's son has seen a special needs teacher twice in 7 years despite needing to see her several times a year. There all far too busy teaching non speaking English children to speak the language but.......those same children grow up preferring to use their own language making the British person a stranger in their own country.

Things must change. Wait till i get home.
The EU has a policy of letting in people with skills as well, its just the same as other places. It lets in unskilled labour when needed just like other places as well. The process is almost identical to what you describe in Aus (quotas excepted though) but that is it, the only other difference is that the EU has very porous borders with Aus doesn`t hence people can more easily arrive un-noticed.

When people emigrate to Canada or Aus they go to the big cities because that is where the work and opportunities are and its just the same here in the EU. In the EU`s case though, they gravitate to the richer economies such as the UK or Germany............Why waste your time in Spain, Portugal or Greece working your butt of for nothing when greater opportunities abound in northern europe, pretty obvious really.

People don`t arrive to their new country with hate filled mindsand I`m sure you don`t believe that, unless they were hateful when they were in their own countries or terrorists trying to infiltrate the country etc its totally an ilogical statement to make. Also the statement about coming with criminal minds this is another silly remark.

The reason that the UK will take longer to recover has nothing to do with immigrants and that is a very weak argument............more to do with the UK economy connected strongly to that of the USA and the sterling situation. What makes you so certain that many other countries will be making a recovery in 3 months? highly unlikely.

Its pretty obvious that these children that don`t speak English in school will DO SO in the very near future...........Do you really think they are going to grow up in the UK speaking only Somali, Russian, Hindi and Kurdish etc
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:07 am
  #222  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
A lot of the current knife crime was just starting with the influx of Eastern Europeans from Sebia and Bosnia as well as Africa and Russia (how did they get in BTW?).
.
So you think knife crime now is linked with eastern european and african immigrants? They got in because of labour shortages as nobody really wants to do the shit shovelling work that`s always available, others as family renunion emigration and refugee status etc
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:12 am
  #223  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

On the news tonite.....They were interviewing a guy from Sri-Lanka, he's lived in the UK for 17yrs and owns his own shop.

He's so proud of being in the UK he flys the british flag from his house and has one on his car.......
He has decided that anyone who comes into his shop, that carn't speak English will not get served He also said that if they carn't speak the Language or read it then they should not be allowed in the country haha

Bless!!! Some obviously were not very impressed by this lols
sans is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:14 am
  #224  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
there are still a huge population of British born people still in Britain.
According to what you`ve read and seemingly believe 1 in 7 of these though, won`t be speaking English..............There`s big problems ahead.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:16 am
  #225  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
So you think knife crime now is linked with eastern european and african immigrants? They got in because of labour shortages as nobody really wants to do the shit shovelling work that`s always available, others as family renunion emigration and refugee status etc
And yes it is linked with the eastern europeans, knife crime was something very rarely heard of in the UK......The Brits dont need weapons, they have fists........Or the occasional bottle
sans is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.