Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:59 pm
  #196  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,769
cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Who are these people disatisfied with the country? Everyone I know in the UK are very happy and love the place and the people. Yes they moan about various things but nothing about the country going down the toilet or immigrants taking over the place. Most people said to me, when I told them I was leaving for Aus said they admired me for being brave to try something new but that they couldn't do it because they knew they'd miss the country too much. They still feel that way even when some of them have lost their jobs and are struggling.
I think things have changed in the UK very quickly for some reason. I don't know why, i'm not there but in the last month or so, i've met a flood of angry Brits who have moved to the Gold Coast very discontented with what's going on in Britain. I think leaving the country is their way of voting with their feet. Not sure if it's made them happier but they are definitely not happy. They think here is better but the anger is the defining emotion. Can't feel anything else while that's to the fore.
cricket1again is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:03 am
  #197  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Disagree, because when life is good nobody really cares about what Mr.Khan does or doesn`t do in the UK as long as its not breaking any serious laws.

You say people have had enough..........well what are they going to do about it? Vote for an extremist party to correct the situation? I believe not, because they know the road this will lead them down, so in effect nothing much will really happen.
Afew of us had this argument acouple of yrs ago, with some know it alls in the Canada forum..........

And it got very heated and very ugly............When some of us commented on the fact certain Immigrants were creating Mafia style gangs in our towns and causing havoc ( to put it mildly).

Diggler will know doubt know what i'm referring to........

And half the reason half of us thought it would be a good idea to move countries with our kids, had that in mind when we made the discission to leave....
And this was as much as 5 yrs ago.............You obviously know more then me, so i'll leave you to it.
sans is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:04 am
  #198  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
i've met a flood of angry Brits who have moved to the Gold Coast very discontented with what's going on in Britain.
They may well have moved from the UK to get away from all of the immigrants there...............Moving to Australia was obviously a good choice
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:06 am
  #199  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 716
Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Who are these people disatisfied with the country? Everyone I know in the UK are very happy and love the place and the people. Yes they moan about various things but nothing about the country going down the toilet or immigrants taking over the place. Most people said to me, when I told them I was leaving for Aus said they admired me for being brave to try something new but that they couldn't do it because they knew they'd miss the country too much. They still feel that way even when some of them have lost their jobs and are struggling.
well said moneypen not everone hates Britain
Irish Guinness is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:11 am
  #200  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
I think things have changed in the UK very quickly for some reason. I don't know why, i'm not there but in the last month or so, i've met a flood of angry Brits who have moved to the Gold Coast very discontented with what's going on in Britain. I think leaving the country is their way of voting with their feet. Not sure if it's made them happier but they are definitely not happy. They think here is better but the anger is the defining emotion. Can't feel anything else while that's to the fore.
I'm sure some are unhappy with the UK - wouldn't be normal if everyone loved it, just like anywhere else but I do wonder if people feel the need to justify a move and get into the habit and then believe what they've been telling people iykwim. Bit like the the unhappy people here who then find everything wrong with Aus to help justify their move back and because they've become unsettled so nothing is right.

No offence but I don't want floods of angry Brits here, so keep them up your end of the coast please, we're too chilled down here to deal with that
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:13 am
  #201  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by sans
Afew of us had this argument acouple of yrs ago, with some know it alls in the Canada forum..........

And it got very heated and very ugly............When some of us commented on the fact certain Immigrants were creating Mafia style gangs in our towns and causing havoc ( to put it mildly).

Diggler will know doubt know what i'm referring to........

And half the reason half of us thought it would be a good idea to move countries with our kids, had that in mind when we made the discission to leave....
And this was as much as 5 yrs ago.............You obviously know more then me, so i'll leave you to it.
Firstly You don`t have to be in a gang to cause havoc. Secondly gangs are not solely for immigrants. Anybody can form and be part of a gang.

Why would Diggler know he`s not in Canada, or do you believe his knowledge is of vital importance in these matters, also he`s only been a member here since Jan 2009?

Its not that I know more than you or anybody else, its just that I have a differing opinion like many have on here.

Last edited by Jules Europe; Mar 19th 2009 at 12:16 am.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:31 am
  #202  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 336
Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Its getting at sensationalizing the current state of affairs at a time of economic woe, which is actually what extremists tend to do (Slobodan Milosevic springs to mind) If the UK were not in a recession, articles such as this just would not have the same effect. I know that you are thinking of going to Canada, well the same thing is happening there, have you ever been to Toronto?

Admittedly, things such as kids not being allowed to wear an England football top in school are just ridiculous and its silly regulations such as this that I imagine create elements of racism that could easily be avoided.
This started long before the recession, yes i know everywhere has its issues, and yes i have been to Toronto though that isnt where i am looking at going. The reason so many people are moaning is because articles such as that one actually bear some truth. Im not against immigrants wanting to better their life or try something different before they die, (the legal ones obviously), but when the do gooders start telling us what we can and cant do because it may offend....well, it just pisses me off - and you wouldnt believe some of the stuff thats going on - much of which, i cant talk about.

Yes i am sure there are many in the UK who dont have the first clue about what is going on and are happy with their lives. Fair enough. However, i need to try something else, i may well return, who knows ?

The UK needs to return to the "Life on Mars" days Jules !
Diggler is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:33 am
  #203  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 336
Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
also he`s only been a member here since Jan 2009?
Whats that got to do with anything Jules ?? Come on.....
Diggler is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:34 am
  #204  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Firstly You don`t have to be in a gang to cause havoc. Secondly gangs are not solely for immigrants. Anybody can form and be part of a gang.

Why would Diggler know he`s not in Canada, or do you believe his knowledge is of vital importance in these matters, also he`s only been a member here since Jan 2009?

Its not that I know more than you or anybody else, its just that I have a differing opinion like many have on here.
Why would Diggler know ER because he's a bobby in the UK ...........I wasn't on about Canada......I was referring to the UK and your comment on the fact You think its reccession related.........

I know what was happening here....because i saw it and worked in the area that i am referring to......and it was at that time not the norm for where i lived .

Moneypenny

We didn't leave the UK because we hated it...But we love it more now then, we did before we left.
And i didn't say people hated the UK, i said they were fed up with whats happening...........
sans is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:34 am
  #205  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 183
Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Like Sans said, these 'annoyances' have been felt for some time & to be fair, most of it is to do with the ever larger slices of political correctness we have been swallowing. The London bombings made feelings more heightened, same now with the recession, so it's a gradual thing & maybe that's why Cricket has noticed it now & not previously.

Jules, you ask what we're going to do about it, you're right in saying probably nothing. We're not a very militant nation & our politicians don't tend to take much notice of public consensus until it's under their noses, especially when sensible debate is strangled by the politically correct crew. One thing they have been rightly concerned about is the rise in votes for parties like the National Front, a dangerous way to get your point across but that's for another debate.

Everyone is affected at differing levels & everyone has differing levels of how much they care and to what degree they take any notice which is why we all have differing opinions. The only thing for sure is that the bombings & now recession has put more people in the 'aware' category & possibly those previously 'aware but not angry' category have moved in to the 'angry' category. That's a really long winded way of saying it's graaaaadual
Tricia is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:37 am
  #206  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 336
Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by sans
And i didn't say people hated the UK, i said they were fed up with whats happening...........

Correct.
Diggler is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:45 am
  #207  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Diggler
This started long before the recession, yes i know everywhere has its issues, and yes i have been to Toronto though that isnt where i am looking at going. The reason so many people are moaning is because articles such as that one actually bear some truth. Im not against immigrants wanting to better their life or try something different before they die, (the legal ones obviously), but when the do gooders start telling us what we can and cant do because it may offend....well, it just pisses me off - and you wouldnt believe some of the stuff thats going on - much of which, i cant talk about.

Yes i am sure there are many in the UK who dont have the first clue about what is going on and are happy with their lives. Fair enough. However, i need to try something else, i may well return, who knows ?

The UK needs to return to the "Life on Mars" days Jules !
The point I`m making is that a recession brings hostilities to a high and things are most volatile in times of a recession, recessions breed hostility, bias and anger etc.

I for one haven`t advocated the do gooders either as referenced earlier.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:46 am
  #208  
Sloopy Frickenbutt
 
sans's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Its good ere Honest........
Posts: 5,225
sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Diggler
Correct.
Thanks dibs ........My grammer as Jewels so often reminds me , is not great....
sans is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:46 am
  #209  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Diggler
Whats that got to do with anything Jules ?? Come on.....
because she quoted you as a reference from a debate that took place some time ago.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:48 am
  #210  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by sans
Why would Diggler know ER because he's a bobby in the UK ...........I wasn't on about Canada......I was referring to the UK and your comment on the fact You think its reccession related.........

I know what was happening here....because i saw it and worked in the area that i am referring to......and it was at that time not the norm for where i lived .

Moneypenny

We didn't leave the UK because we hated it...But we love it more now then, we did before we left.
And i didn't say people hated the UK, i said they were fed up with whats happening...........
What was the area you were referring to? I`m sure it wasn`t Lincolnshire.
Jules Europe is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.