Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK - don't

Returning to the UK - don't

Old May 11th 2009, 10:36 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK - don't

Originally Posted by Gaeller

I must away to my bed after a long disturbed night. Please don't trouble to reply as I shall promptly leave this forum. I don't really know why people waste their time in this kind of exchange. I hope those who are genuinely concerned about what they may find in this country take my words as cautionary. When I was selling my house a British couple came to view (in Portugal) I asked why they weren't returning to the UK the reply was "because it has become a nasty little country". I was upset because we were leaving to care for our relatives, so we had no choice. The words have stayed with me ever since. It is becoming nastier.

Don't bother to post any replies. I find myself with better and more urgent things to do. Thank you very much though for your kind attention. I wish you all luck in whatever you decide to do.
There is no need to leave a forum becuase people disagree with your views.....it happens every day here and is part of forum activity.

As for people wasting their time!!! Well watching a soap opera, casual conversation in a pub and dusting the house could all be deemed a waste of time but people do get some type of enjoyment out of doing it, being part of a forum is no different.

If people don`t post replies then the forum largely ceases to exist, so your final bit of advice is not advisable.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dunroving
Welcome to BE ... not sure why you would make your first post such a negative indictment of the UK, on the MBTTUK forum. Expect the grenades to come flying in any time now ...
Looks like you were correct about the grenades, along with a few tank busters!.........
Old May 11th 2009, 10:39 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
There is no need to leave a forum becuase people disagree with your views.....it happens every day here and is part of forum activity.

If people don`t post replies then the forum largely ceases to exist, so your final bit of advice is not advisable.
Very eloquent.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:57 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

As for people wasting their time!!! Well watching a soap opera, casual conversation in a pub and dusting the house could all be deemed a waste of time but people do get some type of enjoyment out of doing it, being part of a forum is no different.

Nonsense, please leave immediately
Old May 11th 2009, 11:03 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Nonsense, please leave immediately
Me, the OP or both?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, patronising much?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Me, the OP or both?
Only kidding!
I am off to Scotland to visit in June, against the clear advice from the OP.
Do you think I will be safe?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:18 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Only kidding!
I am off to Scotland to visit in June, against the clear advice from the OP.
Do you think I will be safe?
I think you`ll be tracked by the security forces (those that wear black boots and have moustaches) and also you don`t want to fall ill and end up in the sub human standard hospitals there. Take thermal underwear as well, as the sun doesn`t shine in Scotland.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:25 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

I must away to my bed after a long disturbed night. Please don't trouble to reply as I shall promptly leave this forum.
Don't bother to post any replies. I find myself with better and more urgent things to do. Thank you very much though for your kind attention. I wish you all luck in whatever you decide to do.
You posted this at 10.22 am it is now 11.22 am and I have seen that you are still logged on an haven`t left the forum yet.

hehehehee you remind of someone that officially left but continued to lurk around for weeks before coming back on here
Old May 11th 2009, 11:32 am
Account Closed

I think you`ll be tracked by the security forces (those that wear black boots and have moustaches) and also you don`t want to fall ill and end up in the sub human standard hospitals there. Take thermal underwear as well, as the sun doesn`t shine in Scotland.
I was thinking of getting a medical kit together in case I have to stitch myself up in a draughty hospital corridor.
Perhaps some plaster of paris to enable the hasty fashioning of a cast in the event the nhs have run out.
My biggest concern is the dogs though, is it only England that has gone to them or does it stretch across the UK?
Should I carry some jerky in my socks as a quick means of distraction whilst I make my escape?
I already have a disguise prepared in order to foil the Orwellian cctv units but can anyone think of any other measures I can take to survive 2 weeks in the UK without death or serious injury?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:33 am
Account Closed

You posted this at 10.22 am it is now 11.22 am and I have seen that you are still logged on an haven`t left the forum yet.

hehehehee you remind of someone that officially left but continued to lurk around for weeks before coming back on here
It is not that simple. I officially left too but my account is still here and like a junkie, I return.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:40 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

I was thinking of getting a medical kit together in case I have to stitch myself up in a draughty hospital corridor.
Perhaps some plaster of paris to enable the hasty fashioning of a cast in the event the nhs have run out.
My biggest concern is the dogs though, is it only England that has gone to them or does it stretch across the UK?
Should I carry some jerky in my socks as a quick means of distraction whilst I make my escape?
I already have a disguise prepared in order to foil the Orwellian cctv units but can anyone think of any other measures I can take to survive 2 weeks in the UK without death or serious injury?
I have heard that suffering patients are left in the corridors and are even left outside the hospital as there is no space for them inside...........I only hope they bring their own umbrellas with them

I think the rabid beasts are everywhere these days and they want blood and not jerky (whatever this is!!!)

The removal of your head and fingers may well confound cctv and the fingerprint scanners.

Last edited by Jules Europe; May 11th 2009 at 11:43 am.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:11 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

The reality of 21st Century Britain is hard to accept when we have had such long and good traditions. I thought I might be able to impart some information on the very serious problems that are occurring here - if it falls on stony ground so be it. The hostility with which it has been received leads me to conclude that it is not love of country that prompts it but a deep suspicion that all is not well in the UK. In short, it is a defensive reaction on the part of people not willing to accept the truth.

I must away to my bed after a long disturbed night. Please don't trouble to reply as I shall promptly leave this forum. I don't really know why people waste their time in this kind of exchange.

Come down from the clouds its you who are living in cloud cuckoo land.

possibly the most arrogant post I've read in a very long time.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elfman
possibly the most arrogant post I've read in a very long time.
You must be one of the ones unwilling to accept the "truth"
Old May 11th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

AWW!!!! dont go I need something to read at dinnertime tomorrow at work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.