Returning home

Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Returning home

Hi all,
Not 100% agreed yet but O/H has now decided he has had enough of Perth and is bored, and turned around last night and said shall we go,

Must of hit his head or something. I thought he would never change his mind.

He has been offered promotion at work but does not want to accept as he couldn't see us staying here as long term

Although he initially said he wanted to stay and get the Cit-ship for the kids, after all the crap and heartace to get here, he now feels like he is wasting his time here.

He has been offered 2 positions one in Gibraltar with us living in Spain and the other in Cambridge, so fingers crossed we will be going home or closer..

My question is we have PR here and that expires in 2010 if we came back in 2010 say for a 6 week holiday can we just apply for a resident return Visa then leave again?

Don't want to post this on Aus forum, Just in case.

Cheers Sandra X

PS I am soo excited I just hope he does not change his mind :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning home

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
My question is we have PR here and that expires in 2010 if we came back in 2010 say for a 6 week holiday can we just apply for a resident return Visa then leave again?
No, sorry. Read form 968i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

You need "substantial ties" to Australia (and meet the "5 year rule") in order to get a 5 year RRV without meeting the 2 yrs in 5 yrs residence rule.

Living in Australia would usually constitute substantial ties, but just visiting almost certainly won't do.

And RRV rules can change anytime.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
No, sorry. Read form 968i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

You need "substantial ties" to Australia (and meet the "5 year rule") in order to get a 5 year RRV without meeting the 2 yrs in 5 yrs residence rule.

Living in Australia would usually constitute substantial ties, but just visiting almost certainly won't do.

And RRV rules can change anytime.

Thanks for that I knew it would not be that easy..
But if we decided to come back and live is there a time period we woud need to be here before our visa should expire.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

But if we decided to come back and live is there a time period we woud need to be here before our visa should expire.
If that's what you wanted to do:

- Get back to Australia before your visas expire; and
- Do not leave Australia again without an RRV; and
- Once you can show you are living in Australia (ie job, accommodation, car, children in school etc) you might be able to get an RRV without meeting the 2/5 yr residence requirement.

Remember that the expiry date on your visas is the expiry of the re-entry facility. If you are in Australia on the expiry date then it is extended until you depart the country.

There is no flexibility on expiry dates. And remember - rules could change anytime and there's no guarantee this route will still be possible in a few years.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
If that's what you wanted to do:

- Get back to Australia before your visas expire; and
- Do not leave Australia again without an RRV; and
- Once you can show you are living in Australia (ie job, accommodation, car, children in school etc) you might be able to get an RRV without meeting the 2/5 yr residence requirement.

Remember that the expiry date on your visas is the expiry of the re-entry facility. If you are in Australia on the expiry date then it is extended until you depart the country.

There is no flexibility on expiry dates. And remember - rules could change anytime and there's no guarantee this route will still be possible in a few years.

Great thanks ,
At least that gives us a few years, in case we change our minds..

Sandra
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:44 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Not 100% agreed yet but O/H has now decided he has had enough of Perth and is bored, and turned around last night and said shall we go,

:
You lucky, lucky, lucky...... Can he please have a word with my OH, who is still convinced Australia is the be all and end all of the universe ???

Enjoy making your plans...how exciting for you. Good for you.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

He has been offered promotion at work but does not want to accept as he couldn't see us staying here as long term

Although he initially said he wanted to stay and get the Cit-ship for the kids, after all the crap and heartace to get here, he now feels like he is wasting his time here.

He has been offered 2 positions one in Gibraltar with us living in Spain and the other in Cambridge, so fingers crossed we will be going home or closer..

Cheers Sandra X

It looks like there is some light at the end of your tunnel.Thats great. Iwould like a bit of light myself.
I know very little about the rules with regard to vias etc.I am sure someone here will know. Good Luck
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

That's excellent news for you Sandra.
I hope he takes one of the jobs, Europe has some fantastic countries, we don't need to go to the other side of the world to find beauty and a 'lifestyle'. Its been right there under our noses all along.
Fingers crossed.
PS When are you packing??
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rascal
That's excellent news for you Sandra.
I hope he takes one of the jobs, Europe has some fantastic countries, we don't need to go to the other side of the world to find beauty and a 'lifestyle'. Its been right there under our noses all along.
Fingers crossed.
PS When are you packing??
Thanks, I have felt so excited all day and it's not yet set in stone.

The kids must think I am mad, dancing around singing "Were going home, were going home

When, we are tied in to our rental until the end of March, we also need to decide where to go, I am a little concerned about Spain/Gib with the langauge barrier, schools,and general way of life, I don't want to get there and feel like I have done here for the past 12 months.
Also we have just let our house again for another 6 months, although that will not be a problem, if we went to spain we would try and keep it rented but if we move to Cambridge then I think we will sell it .

I have been praying all day he will not come home and say he has changed his mind, If he does then I will Kill him.

Sandra X
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers Sandra X

Really happy for you. I lived just north of Cambridge before I came here, some lovely villages and towns. St Ives is lovely and the villages around it are very nice only about 15 miles into Cambridge.

Really pleased its coming together for you now.

NB x
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers Sandra X

Why is it that so many of us find Perth mind numbing, yet people flood into the place like it's Utopia
Sandra good on you for going back, back to normality and reality

Now make space in that suitcase for me
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Why is it that so many of us find Perth mind numbing, yet people flood into the place like it's Utopia
Sandra good on you for going back, back to normality and reality

Now make space in that suitcase for me
everyone is different rachel and like different things, some will like perth, some won't. No different to anywhere else in the world.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
everyone is different rachel and like different things, some will like perth, some won't. No different to anywhere else in the world.
Yes of course, it was only yesterday a friend who lived here for 6 months went back to UK as she hated it here, e-mailed me and said she is coming back!!

She regrets not giving it more time. Time is what i need

Not going anywhere yet..but i do hope Sandra makes the right decision.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Yes of course, it was only yesterday a friend who lived here for 6 months went back to UK as she hated it here, e-mailed me and said she is coming back!!

She regrets not giving it more time. Time is what i need

Not going anywhere yet..but i do hope Sandra makes the right decision.
absolutely I wish everyone the best who isn't settled. I have been where all of you are more than once in other countries and its not pleasant.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:48 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely I wish everyone the best who isn't settled. I have been where all of you are more than once in other countries and its not pleasant.

Flippin' 'eck...,am I seeing things? nb's being nice? This makes for a pleasant change....more, more!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.